DDP+ It’s official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DDP+ is at a good price point like most people had guessed. We now are considering adding it to our trip in September. We would use a majority of our snack credits at F&W.

interesting reading everyone's take on this ...

I admit I am someone who in general is not a fan of dining plans (just find them too restrictive in how meals are structured and I feel pressured to order the most expensive thing whether I want it or not)

I could see this one working well if you do a split stay and have this for part of it and then do a number of character meals/prefix meals during that part of your trip and then focus on quick service/other options during the other part.

Particularly if you have a few kids under 10, getting in 2 character meals for $35 is pretty good

I'm at work so don't want to sit on hold forever, we have two existing reservations but it's not showing as an option to change to yet. I don't want to cancel/rebook because we'll lose the Sun & Fun code, any news if this will be avail to change to online like we can change to the other two plans now? Thanks.

Aaah the ever elusive cast members who tell people different things haha.
I've just rang myself (before I saw this thread) and was told this will only be available in America as there are no plans to bring it to UK guests 🙄 ok then because UK apparently don't want a potential upgrade option. I hope you manage to sort it out if it's possible as it seems like a reasonably priced additional 🤞🏻
The DDP+ is definitely a good save for me. I booked my package through the UK side, I called Disney UK side and they said the DDP+ is yet to be added here, and they told me to check back probably on April 2 ?!?!?! But my trip to Disney is during a week in late March. Does anyone know any other methods that I could possibly change my Disney dining plan to DDP+? P.s. just a heads up, the staff told me that the Space220 is opening very soon, but no exact date is given.

That shows old pricing. I thought other prices were increased?

If DxDDP is now $138, what about DDP and QSDDP new pricing?

I'm still seeing all the same prices as before ($55, $78.01, $119) when I add the different versions to a "dummy" reservation. So it doesn't appear that any have increased at this point.

small thing but I am confused by the ordering - why is the DP+ listed between the Quick service and the regular one?

Not sure why wdwinfo is listing it like this, but it's listed as you would expect (QSDP, DDP, DDP+, DDxDP) when you go to add it to a package.

So the difference between this and the deluxe is 2 meals a day instead of 3? And no appetizers? Is that correct? I’ve got the regular dining plan right now, but trying to decide if it would be worth it to upgrade. 2 of the three of us will be getting alcohol.

Here is a point of reference for anyone interested. This is for 2A/1C for 4 Nights. I was hoping this plan would include an Appetizer like the DxDP does, but unfortunately it does not.

While I am here, anyone have experience with split stays and DDP? I have a DVC stay from 5/31 to 6/7. We are doing 4-Nights @ BCR and 3-Nights @ GFR. Online my only option is to book the DDP for each reservation separately, but would I be wasting my time trying to call MS to see if they will let me book it as a 7-Night Stay so I can manage the credits over the entire 7 days as opposed to breaking them down into 4 and 3 Nights where I would have to use the first 4-Night credits before the end of the 5th day?

Attachments

• DDPP.PNG
    DDPP.PNG
    166.5 KB · Views: 25
Updated first post w pricing.

anything else belong in first post folks?

thank you everyone for sharing details as you fund

uve always said we have the best folks here :love2:

Aaah the ever elusive cast members who tell people different things haha.
I've just rang myself (before I saw this thread) and was told this will only be available in America as there are no plans to bring it to UK guests 🙄 ok then because UK apparently don't want a potential upgrade option. I hope you manage to sort it out if it's possible as it seems like a reasonably priced additional 🤞🏻
Thanks for the feedback. I was actually wondering if it is available for UK guests.

interesting reading everyone's take on this ...

I admit I am someone who in general is not a fan of dining plans (just find them too restrictive in how meals are structured and I feel pressured to order the most expensive thing whether I want it or not)

I could see this one working well if you do a split stay and have this for part of it and then do a number of character meals/prefix meals during that part of your trip and then focus on quick service/other options during the other part.

Particularly if you have a few kids under 10, getting in 2 character meals for $35 is pretty good

I'm not usually a fan of these either but I can see using it on a short trip that is dining focused. I can't imagine eating 2 TS meals a day for a long trip though.

So the difference between this and the deluxe is 2 meals a day instead of 3? And no appetizers? Is that correct? I’ve got the regular dining plan right now, but trying to decide if it would be worth it to upgrade. 2 of the three of us will be getting alcohol.

Exactly. DDP+ is about $17 more than DDP and about $24 less than DDxDP per person per night...just as a quick comparison.

I'm not usually a fan of these either but I can see using it on a short trip that is dining focused. I can't imagine eating 2 TS meals a day for a long trip though.

yeah, agreed - 2 TS every day gets to be a lot over time (but if that is your thing, more power to you)..... but like you said, for short trip or like my proposal of doing a split stay and only doing this for part of it, I can see it making sense

While I am here, anyone have experience with split stays and DDP? I have a DVC stay from 5/31 to 6/7. We are doing 4-Nights @ BCR and 3-Nights @ GFR. Online my only option is to book the DDP for each reservation separately, but would I be wasting my time trying to call MS to see if they will let me book it as a 7-Night Stay so I can manage the credits over the entire 7 days as opposed to breaking them down into 4 and 3 Nights where I would have to use the first 4-Night credits before the end of the 5th day?

you cannot. all dining plans are attached to the room reservation. Hence you get it for each night of your stay. There is no ability to have one plan condensed over multiple resort reservations

Updated first post w pricing.

anything else belong in first post folks?

thank you everyone for sharing details as you fund

uve always said we have the best folks here :love2:
Just being picky, but is it possible to order the DDPs in post 1 from lowest cost to highest? This helps with planning and also matches the order Disney presents the option on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter