DEBATE: Ideas for a 5th park????

As someone that will soon be making my second trip (and first as an "adult" - I took a "family" trip when I was 18...but stuck with the family instead of going out on my own), I can tell you what would really get me excited. First, I understand that the general "Disney" theme is families, and children. But, it should be obvious by the number of folks that post in the "Disney for adults", or "Disney for teens" forums that not everyone going has kids. That is why my vote would be for a "heavy duty thrill ride" park. When my girlfriend and I were planning, we got the "birnbaums" book, and have been hitting this forum and some other websites. But we tend to notice, that as two "late-20's adults" with no kids, unless we want to wait in line for hours, we aren't going to be able to go from one exciting ride to another.

I would love the thought of a park full of some of the more technoligicallly (sp?) advanced rides. Take a look at how much press "Cedar Fair" gets (I've never been there, but if you watch Discovery, TLC, or The Travel Channels, they are always featuring roller coasters from those parks). I have never heard of a "Coaster Enthusiasts of America" trip to Disney.

Don't get me wrong...like I said...I understand the "bread and butter" of Disney is keeping rides themed with their movies, and appealing to families with younger kids. But look at the popularity of "Test Track", or "Tower of Terror". Both of those rides are designed to thrill, and from what I read on these boards and from other sources they are often the busiest rides in their perspective parks.

So, my vote is for a park of rides that are geared toward mid-teens and up. Cut out the fairy princesses, and put in some rides with speeds of 60+mph.

The rumored "space" park sounded intriguing, but wouldn't such a park overshadow Tommorrowland and Epcot's Futureworld?

I fall into the Disney Seas group on this one.
A "thrill" park doesn't seem to fit the Disney experience. Seems like it would be out of place. Enhance the thrill categories at each of the existing gates while adding a Seas park. Does anyone know if Oriental Land Co. has some sort of exclusive on the theme?

Leave the 1/2 day thrill park at IOA where it belongs.

I think they should build a thrill park based on Disney Movies. There are so many action sequences in past Disney Movies they could theme a thrill park much in the same fashion as IOA. As someone previously mentioned there could be sections including Villians, Heros etc.

Put me down for a vote for a DisneySeas concept - only I'd make some modifications to the concept as executed in Tokyo. Florida's DS should contain live sea animals - so people have less reason to go to Sea World. The focus of a Florida DS should be on the history and legends of those who live in or near the sea, in contrast to Epcot's Living Seas, whose focus should be on the future of the ocean.

I like the idea of live sea animals (though Sea World does that amazingly - it's my favorite non-Disney park) - wouldn't it make more sense in the AK?

I would have to say that, so far, the ideas that most intrigue me would be the Villians theme and the "thrill ride" theme.

There is so much potential with the Disney Villians that I think Disney has not necessarily fully explored.

One question, however. And this is posed to all those in favor of a "thrill" park. Do we want themed thrill rides, a la Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc., or just lightly-themed, b**ls-to-the-wall super roller coasters, like the ones at King's Island and Cedar Point?

I like the idea of live sea animals (though Sea World does that amazingly - it's my favorite non-Disney park) - wouldn't it make more sense in the AK?

I think there are plenty of things with which they could build out AK without ever touching sea life.

I agree with many of you, a thrill ride park would be a pretty good idea. It would help Disney bring in the people that think WDW is just a little kid place. And a park rather than a separate land, would keep the other parks free from the extra crowds that would come just for the thrill rides day to day. And if they wanted to make it more "Disney" they could just combine a thrill park with the Villains. Then they could bring back the Villain character meal!

I don't really have an idea, but I hope that whatever Disney decides to build next is something revolutionary, and not reactionary like their last two parks in Orlando. They built MGM to compete with Uni, and AK to draw the Busch crowds, so I really hope they don't do something like that again.

If they really want to draw more bodies to Orlando, then the 5th park really needs to be something AMAZING that will make everyone stand up and go "WOW, I HAVE to see that place"!! Something as visionary as the Disneyland or EPCOT Center.

(Of course I should also point out that I hope they don't build a new theme park for a long, long time!)

The park that was supposed to be built in Va was near Mannassas an area deep in history. They did not want the construction & crowds there. As for a 5th park. I feel Disney has no choice they have to build one. It has to be based on thrill rides. They are losing too much business to IOA and need to get it back. The real thrill seekers are not interested in Disneys parks as they are. As for me I went to IOA once, didnt ride many thigs at all. I like the thrill of the mouse !

Disney Realms

A collection of lands completely not of this world...

possible examples:

an alien planet
Mideval/Fantasy/ psuedo Beaslty Kingdom land
Shadowlands (devoted to the villains)
Underwater/Submariner land
Other dimensions
Mandatory 'kid friendly' land (whatever....you name the theme)

endless possibilities, opportunities to borrow things from other concepts and parks (Disney Seas)

Reach each land through funky portals, etc....

I know this reads as an IOA rip-off BUT it would give them endless flexibilty and the chance to try some of their more interesting concepts without risking and entire park on one strict theme.

Just a thought... I like the Disney America theme too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter