• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

emma212010

DIS Veteran
:mickeyjumPlease stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantanganse alejado de las puertas.:mickeyjum

If you are standing please hold onto the handrails and stay clear of the doors. They will be closing in a moment.

Welcome aboard Disney’s express monorail. Your highway in the sky to the Magic Kingdom…

Ok, not exactly the Magic Kingdom, but we hope to help with your Disney withdrawals with over 2,500 pictures! We recently returned from a fantastic, yet very wet, trip to Walt Disney World. This was a girls only mother/daughter trip, and we had a lot of fun and giggles! We hope you stay along for the ride because it’s going to be FUN! Like one great man once said, “laughter is America’s most important export.” I believe that is 100% true, and we definitely lived up to that on this trip as we always do when we’re alone in Disney. If you followed me over from my PTR, apparently you liked us enough to keep reading! If you’re new and just stumbled upon us, welcome! We’re glad to have you aboard.

Is everybody neat and pretty?? Then on with the show!!

Let’s start with some introductions first.
Me (aka Emma)- I am 19 years old and a sophomore in college. I play basketball for our women’s basketball team, and yes, I am over 6 feet tall, (I get that question A LOT) I am 6’1/2” to be exact. I love spending time with my DBF of 2 years who also plays basketball for our school, on the men’s team of course! I am majoring in Child Development because I want to be an elementary school teacher when I grow up. My parents are divorced, so if you hear me reference my brothers then that means I am talking about my Dad and Step Mom’s sons. They are 13 and almost 9, and let me tell you, they are BOYS. Very sweet and charming yet gross and sticky! I love them though, but I also love being a single child at my Mom’s house! I like to read magazines, read the Disboards, take pictures, shop, play basketball, and LAUGH!

Mom (aka zuzu03 on the boards)- My mom is the most amazing woman in the whole wide world!! I love her to death, and she is the reason why I have such a HUGE love for Disney!! She is also a certified Disney nut which is one of the many things we have in common. She is a French and Theater high school teacher which definitely has its ups and downs. It is never boring, though! I’ve definitely heard some interesting stories! LOL! She remarried after my Dad, and you may hear me refer to my Step Dad in the TR. He’s been to Disney with us a few times, and they actually just returned from a trip in April! Luckies! I had finals at college, so I couldn’t go with. This trip was just for us!

Here we are from our last trip in 2010 for my high school graduation:
100_0463.jpg

Now, onto the nitty gritties of the trip details! I promise it will be short!
The when:
We flew down on Wednesday June 20th at 7:30am and stayed until Monday June 26th at 7:30pm. It was a pretty quick trip, but was definitely necessary!!

The where:
For the night of Wednesday the 20th, we stayed at Pop Century because we couldn’t get the extra day at our personal favorite... Port Orleans French Quarter!!! We stayed there for the rest of the trip. We love it there! It’s just so peaceful and beautiful! Just enough Disney to make us both happy, but also very quiet and relaxing!

The why:
Why? Just because! We (well I) hadn’t been in two years (wayyyy too long if you ask me!!) and we needed to get away from reality for a bit! It was a great escape, and we can’t wait to share it with you! :hyper:

So hop aboard your DOOMbuggy and hold on tight to your hats and glasses folks, cuz this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness! To infinity, AND BEYOND!!!

:jumping1:

Reserved for your convenient viewing pleasure...

Day 1- June 20, 2012

The Arrival
Pop Century Arrival
Art of Animation
Lunch in Art of Animation
"Quiet on the Set! And, ACTION!" part I
"Quiet on the Set! And, ACTION!" part II
More Art of Animation Exploration
Pop Century Expedition part I
Pop Century Expedition part II
Pop Century Expedition part III
Pop Century Expedition pat IV
Shadow Boxes Galore part I
Shadow Boxes Galore part II
An Early Dinner
Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People part I
Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People part II
Downtown Disney Evening
Art of Animation... At Niiiight part I
Art of Animation... At Niiiiight part II

Day 2- June 21, 2012

Checking Out to Check In
Early Bird Gets the Worm... and Bad Luck!
Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA
Come Fly With Me
To Infinity... AND BEYOND!
THE MAIN STREET BAKERY
All Aboard!!
Aloooooohaaaaaaa!
Life is a Beach part I
Life is a Beach part II
Kona Lunch
The Room part I
The Room part II
Love Me Some Iced Tea!
Into The Movies!
City Streets
Is it Supper Time Yet?
50s Prime Time
Resort Photo Shoot part I
Resort Photo Shoot part II

Day 3- June 22, 2012

A Disney's Hollywood Studios Morning
A Small Obsession...
Another Awful Ride Picture
Andy's Toys
The REBEL
One More Time
Epcot Lovin'
Fabulous Lunch
Let's Go to India part I
Let's Go to India part II
Everybody Loves Duffy, Except Americans...
The Ride is Open Until Closing
WISHES!
Late Night in the Kingdom

Day 4- June 23, 2012

Alone in the Magic Kingdom
The Crystal Palace
The Run of the Tourists
Zoom Zoom Zoom!
It's My Unbirthday Too!
Liberty Square Photoshoot
Just Sittin' On a Porch
Disney Doesn't Sell Shoes in Size 11
1900 Park Fare
Stan's The Man
Wishes Dessert Party
Goodbye Beautiful Castle! part I
Goodbye Beautiful Castle! part II

Day 5- June 24, 2012

It's a Downtown Disney Day
Souvenirs with a Capital S
And the Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Anyone?
Animal Spottings
BOMA

Day 6- June 25, 2012

Wet Ducklings!
Mexico part I
Mexico part II
Karamell Kuche Deliciousness
Oui Oui Monsieur
Les Chefs
Goodbye World Showcase
I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE.

Life Update-

August 26, 2012
September 11, 2012 part 1
September 11, 2012 part 2
September 21- September 23, 2012 part I
September 21- September 23, 2012 part II
September 21- September 23, 2012 part III
September 21- September 23, 2012 part IV
November 30, 2012
VERY BIG NEWS

Links-

PTR for June 2013
TR for June 2013

Follow me!

Twitter- emma212010
Instagram- emma212010

OMG!!! I'm first!!! How are y'all???!! We were at Disney the same time...We arrived on Jun 20th, too.

Heather

OMG!!! I'm first!!! How are y'all???!! We were at Disney the same time...We arrived on Jun 20th, too.

Heather

OMG!! It's so good to hear from you again!! How cool that we were there at the same time!! :cool1: I'm definitely subbing in on your TR right away! :goodvibes

And congrats on being first!! :thumbsup2

OMG!! It's so good to hear from you again!! How cool that we were there at the same time!! :cool1: I'm definitely subbing in on your TR right away! :goodvibes

And congrats on being first!! :thumbsup2

Wow! How funny! We were at AKL. I started laughing when you started talking about the rain....holy cow was it bad on Friday!!

ZuZu :wave2: Hope you're doing well!

Can't wait to read about y'all's adventures!!

Wow! How funny! We were at AKL. I started laughing when you started talking about the rain....holy cow was it bad on Friday!!

ZuZu :wave2: Hope you're doing well!

Can't wait to read about y'all's adventures!!

YES IT WAS!!!! Just kept pouring and pouring! At least we were in Disney!! ;)

Hi Emma, I remember reading your last TR and loving it so i'm all excited to follow along on this one:goodvibes

Boy, thank goodness for Emma! I don't have the patience to write a TR, but she always makes them so much fun to relive our amazing trips!!! Oh, and Emma is pretty amazing herself, I just love HER to death!!!!! :love: Okay, enough mushies, sorry everyone! ;)

HI HEATHER! How the heck are you? I can't believe you were all there at the same time! How cool! I'll be jumping over to read your TR! :dance3:

pixiedust:
At any rate, WELCOME TO EVERYONE! :cheer2: I'll leave most of this to Emma, she's a way better story teller - I'll just pop in here and there! We had an amazing, albeit, toooooo short time and I can't wait to go back again!!!!! Hope you all have fun passing the time until YOUR next Dis vacations!!!!

Yay! You started the TR! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm so sorry y'all had Debby trying to ruin the vacation. :sad2: But, it sounds like y'all made the show go on! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you two ladies had in Disney! popcorn::

I'm here! I'm here! :dance3: I have been so excited for this TR! I really loved reading your PTR and getting to know you and your mom! You're both so lovely, and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to take this trip together! :hug:

mermaid764 said:
Hi Emma, I remember reading your last TR and loving it so i'm all excited to follow along on this one:goodvibes

Welcome!!! Thank you!!

DaveinFallsChurch said:
Yeaaa! I'm in! :thumbsup2

And I absolutely love your TR title!

Yay!! Welcome!

LOL thank you!!

marDgreen88 said:
I'M HERE!!! :) I'm so excited!

Yayyyyy!!!!! Welcome!!!

beachmama3 said:
Hi! I'm new and stumbled upon your TR, can't wait to read about your trip! :)

Glad you're here!! Welcome aboard!

amandaw said:
Yay! You started the TR! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm so sorry y'all had Debby trying to ruin the vacation. :sad2: But, it sounds like y'all made the show go on! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you two ladies had in Disney! popcorn::

I'm so excited to start writing it! Thanks for joining in!

Yes, Debby was a downer, but we made the best of it!! Yay! I can't wait to tell you all about it!!

therussells08 said:
I'm here! I'm here! :dance3: I have been so excited for this TR! I really loved reading your PTR and getting to know you and your mom! You're both so lovely, and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to take this trip together! :hug:

Yay!!! Thank you!!! I'm so excited to start and I'm so happy that you're joining in!! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! I hope you have a blast!

The Arrival
Wednesday June 20, 2012

Mom woke up bright and early at 3:00am to get ready in the bathroom quietly without waking Step Dad who had to work a few hours later. I was up by 3:15am and very excited AND groggy!! I had packed up most of my things the night before, so all I had to do was throw my toiletries into a plastic bag, pack the plastic bag in my suitcase, and load my suitcase into the car, in that order. It was go time! I got ready in a record time of 15 minutes, and we loaded our luggage into the car. We rolled out of our driveway by 3:43am and got ready to make the two hour long drive to the airport- ugh!! We stopped by Cumberland Farms for a snack/breakfast. We got back on the road at 3:54am, and we were on our way to the airport!
We got sodas (mine was Coke with lemon favoring and mom had Coke with Cherry flavoring) and snacks.

IMG_08252.jpg

I cracked open my chocolate muffin for breakfast. It was yummy but definitely NOT Disney quality!! I could not wait to start eating that delicious Disney food!!!! We were so close!

IMG_08272.jpg

Mom had a packaged egg salad sandwich…for breakfast! LOL I thought it looked quite icky, but she’s not a breakfast person!

IMG_08292.jpg

We made it to the airport by 6:15am and parked in the long term parking lot in lot c12- just in case you wanted to know. LOL!

IMG_08302.jpg

We booked it over to the tram to take us to the airport and, of course, one was already there! We ran/walked as quickly as we could while rolling our luggage behind us! We luckily made it and loaded everything on the bus. I’m really not a fan of giving my luggage to someone else to lift onto the tram just so I can give them a dollar. I’m sorry, but I am perfectly capable of lifting a 50 lbs suitcase onto a table! :snooty: I like to do things myself without having to rely on other people for things who are just looking for a tip! Ok, ok, first rant of the TR, but I promise this rant is over! LOL! When we were on the tram, there was music playing at the song “Good Life” that is on the Disney commercials! How cool!! That definitely got us more excited!!!

We went to wait in a looooong line to check in for our flight. It moved pretty quickly, and soon we said goodbye to our luggage and made our way to security. Security was pretty smooth and we got to the terminal with only 30 minutes until boarding. We wanted some real food in our bellies, so I went looking for a place that was open at 7:00 in the morning! There was a Dunkin’ Donuts, but let me tell you it was MOBBED!!!! OMG that line was so long!! There was also a restaurant/bar that was selling breakfast food with a shorter line. Well, maybe everyone didn’t want to eat there because the service was soooooooo slooooooowwwwww!!!!!! It took so long to get through to order and to actually get my food! When I finally received my bagel with egg, cheese, and ham, and my water, I booked it back to the terminal where my mom was waiting for me! I was back right in time to get lined up for boarding. We had paid for early bird check in which means that we could pick our seats before the general boarding. Our numbers were A44 and A45. While we were in line, we started talking to a young man who was going home to Orlando! He was on vacation in New Hampshire, and we were leaving New England to go on vacation to Orlando! He hated living in Florida! Too hot, too crowded, too many tourists he said…he’s crazy!

We boarded the plane by 7:15am, and got seats together! I got the window seat, and mom was in the middle. Ironically the guy we were talking to in line, switched with some guy who was sitting in our aisle seat whose family was behind him.

Once seated and situated, I unwrapped this beauty and Mom and I shared a delicious breakfast.

IMG_08332.jpg

I love Southwest! <3

IMG_08342.jpg

When I could, I turned on my electronic devices and listened to my Disney podcasts and music to get in the ZONE! They handed out vanilla wafers for a snack instead of peanuts because there was a peanut allergy on board.

IMG_08372.jpg

Our stewardess was HILARIOUS!!!! She kept making jokes during the safety spiel. My personal favorite was when she was explaining how to use the oxygen mask. “If you are travelling with more than one child and have to use the oxygen mask, attend to the one who has the most potential first.” LOL! I died!! There were so many joke that I just can’t remember! Our captain was really nice too! When he came across the speakers, he said that we were “going to where Mickey lives!” Eeeee!!!!! Yay!!! We were so close!

So, I’m basically obsessed with the view from the plane- the clouds are so beautiful!!!

IMG_08382.jpg

They’re all patchy and SO COOL LOOKING!

IMG_08392.jpg

IMG_08402.jpg

Ok, last one I promise!!

IMG_08422.jpg

The ride was very smooth, and we started descending at 9:30am!

IMG_08412.jpg

We landed at 10:30, and we ran off the plane,

IMG_08432.jpg

onto the fake monorail,

IMG_08442.jpg

through the airport,

IMG_08462.jpg

and down the stairs to Disney’s Magical Express!

IMG_08472.jpg

To the left! To the left!
IMG_08492.jpg

Ok, so we waited SO LONG for a bus! First, we walked right through the line and right out the door to the bus waiting for us! Well, it was too full, so we had to wait with this other family up on benches beside the window. I’m pretty sure every other line got on a bus while we were sitting there. It was awful!! Well, we finally reminded the CM about us, and were ushered to our bus. It was a real one too!!

IMG_08502.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Those seats were NOT made for tall people!! I was in the aisle seat, and every time someone would walk by, I’d get smacked with their bag because my legs had a really hard time fitting in the seat! LOL it was uncomfortable!

Our driver was Darrell Myles and he wasn’t very animated, but he was very nice! I just couldn’t wait to get there!!!!

IMG_08532.jpg

We finally left MCO by 11:00am, and we realized how HUNGRY we were!!!! We passed under the beautiful signs, but sadly this is the best picture I could get because my phone was acting up and we weren’t very close to the front!

IMG_08572.jpg

IMG_08582.jpg

We stopped at Caribbean Beach first, and then Pop was the next stop!!

IMG_08602.jpg

Stay tuned for more!!

I think I see a hidden Mickey cloud in one of your plane window pictures! :lmao:

Seeing your picture of the MCO atrium reminded me - last trip was the first time I realized that those windows and balconies were actually hotel rooms! I reeeeealy don't have the desire to have the inside of the airport, especially the security entrance area, as my hotel room view! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter