• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

BOOOO last day. Ugh, the breakfast at Sunshine Seasons is just... BLECCCCH. I've actually determined that IT is what made me sick that time in Dec. 2011. :( LAME-O.

Hooray for FP pixie dust!!! Aww, all your Mexico pictures are making me happy. Love that pavilion!!!

I can totally see why you must have been annoyed with the rain. I hope your upcoming trip is RAIN FREE!

I know! It's the worst! At least you'll be in Disney TOMORROW!

Hmm, I wonder why it's so yucky! :crazy2:

Yay! I love that pavilion too!! :goodvibes It's so great!

I do too! Rain is so annoying!

Great pics! :)

Thank you!!

I am all caught up on your TR as I was woefully behind. I just love all your pictures and all the fun you and your mom are having despite the fact that it appears to be raining in all your recent pictures.

I absolutely love Boma. I will be staying at AKL for part of my October trip so I am just soaking up all the AKL pictures I can find.

Congrats on finishing your sophomore year and having a Disney vacation to look forward to. That's awesome!

Yay! I completely understand! I get so far behind on everyone's reports! It's bad! Thank you! We loved the trip even though it was rainy!

I'm glad you love Boma! My mom does too! I wish I liked it more! AKL is fantastic! I really want to stay there soon!

Thank you! I'm really so excited!!!

Oui Oui Monsieur
June 25, 2012

We moved on to France where our ADR was- CHEFS! It was still only like 11:30am, so we decided to shop around a bit before checking in.

Can I just live here?? It’s just such a cute little area!

I loved this!

Les Chefs
June 25, 2012

We checked in at Chefs at 12, and were let immediately in! We had a window seat which was really nice. Of course the rain began to clear up when we got inside.

Our server, Jeremy, was very nice! He’s from Paris and he and my mom spoke back and forth a lot. I just listened! I know French a lot better than actually speaking it. He asked my mom how she knew French, and she told him that she was born in Quebec, and I don’t think he understood that we don’t live there! LOL! When our meal was over, he told us to have a safe trip back to Canada! LOL!!

Anyway, the food was delicious! We started with baguettes and butter which was yummy!!

For my appetizer, I ordered the French Onion Soup which was sooo good, but OMG was it HOT! It took me soooo long to eat because it was literally hot lava! The cheese was amazing! OMG, I just love it!

Mom had the house salad with a vinaigrette dressing for her appetizer. I mean, it’s a salad…

For my entrée, I ordered the Croque Monsieur which is basically a ham and cheese sandwich. OMG. IT. WAS. SO. GOOD. The bread crust was like so hard to eat because it was so crunchy, but OMG the ham and the cheese! YUM! The ham was like real ham, and not thin deli meat!! It was so good!

Mom got the Demi-poulet roti which is chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli. She said it was really good!

We could see the entertainment from our table!

For dessert I ordered the crème brulee which was so good, but I was so full!!!

Mom got the Profiteroles which is a cream puff and ice cream. OMG this was delicious!!!

Remy came to visit during the meal…it was kind of strange! LOL! It was cute, though!

Overall, the meal was delicious! The service was great, and even though it was weird seeing a rat on a tray, it was cute and added to the experience. The only thing that kind of bothered us about the meal is that it took SO LONG. I know it’s preferable not to be rushed out, but it was our last day, and we wanted to be out in the park! Like literally it took two hours for us to eat our meal…it was a little much!! The food was super good though! I would definitely come back!

Just read the TR and it seems like you had a lot of rain that week. Boo on that. And as for AKL I will have to let you know how it is. I am staying there for two nights in June. :) Can't wait to read more!

A slow lunch doesn't sound great but at least it was super yummy! Remy is just the cutest thing!

I know...killing my park time!!! ;) It was so good!! It totally made up for it!

Just read the TR and it seems like you had a lot of rain that week. Boo on that. And as for AKL I will have to let you know how it is. I am staying there for two nights in June. :) Can't wait to read more!

We did! It was awful, but we made the best of it and still had fun!! :goodvibes OMG 13 Days!! That's so exciting!!!!!! :hyper: We'll be in the world in 19 days!!! AHHHH!!!!! Have a wonderful time at AKL!! Please let me know what it's like!! Do a TR!! :bitelip:

My word did you two get a lot of rain on that trip. Yikes! So soggy at AKL..Epcot...all over. Flip Flops + rain...not a great combo :sad1:

Boma does have a lot of curry, plenty of other options too but I think sometimes it can be hard for folks to tell what is what. I love it but it's not for everyone for sure.

Your lunch however looks perfect! My idea of a Les Chefs lunch plus Remy to boot.

Shouldn't take two hours though.

Wow! Didn't realize how far behind I was!!! GREAT updates!!!! And question #1....how in the world did you get all of those souvenirs back on the plane?????:confused3 :laughing:

The rain?!!! Good grief! I totally know the frustration....remember we were there at the exact same time! And I could just kick myself for not meeting up with y'all! Of course I didn't realize that you were there until after the fact.... When I read your AKL June 24th post, I couldn't believe it. Y'all were showing up, and we were leaving for the Dream. The resort is really quite awesome!! I totally agree with you. The pool is probably one of my favorites. And Boma....like you, I wasn't overly impressed. We've done breakfast there, and prefer that. It was super crowded for us, too. I think one of their problems is the seating. If they would remove a fourth of the tables, it would make a more comfortable dining experience.

Don't ya hate last days?! Of course you know you'll be returning, so that eases the pain a bit ;) It didn't look too crowded, either...maybe the rain kept people away :laughing:

Looking forward to your next TR!!!!! :cheer2:
Heather

My word did you two get a lot of rain on that trip. Yikes! So soggy at AKL..Epcot...all over. Flip Flops + rain...not a great combo :sad1:

Boma does have a lot of curry, plenty of other options too but I think sometimes it can be hard for folks to tell what is what. I love it but it's not for everyone for sure.

Your lunch however looks perfect! My idea of a Les Chefs lunch plus Remy to boot.

Shouldn't take two hours though.

We really did! I hope it's not as soggy this time!!

I really wish I liked curry! Everything looked really good and my mom loved it!! I like to think I'm an adventurous eater....:rolleyes: :rotfl:

OMG it was so good!!! I really can't say anything bad about the food at all! They were just taking up our precious park tim!e!! ;)

Wow! Didn't realize how far behind I was!!! GREAT updates!!!! And question #1....how in the world did you get all of those souvenirs back on the plane?????:confused3 :laughing:

The rain?!!! Good grief! I totally know the frustration....remember we were there at the exact same time! And I could just kick myself for not meeting up with y'all! Of course I didn't realize that you were there until after the fact.... When I read your AKL June 24th post, I couldn't believe it. Y'all were showing up, and we were leaving for the Dream. The resort is really quite awesome!! I totally agree with you. The pool is probably one of my favorites. And Boma....like you, I wasn't overly impressed. We've done breakfast there, and prefer that. It was super crowded for us, too. I think one of their problems is the seating. If they would remove a fourth of the tables, it would make a more comfortable dining experience.

Don't ya hate last days?! Of course you know you'll be returning, so that eases the pain a bit ;) It didn't look too crowded, either...maybe the rain kept people away :laughing:

Looking forward to your next TR!!!!! :cheer2:
Heather

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I don't even know how we did that!!

I know, the rain was SUCH a bummer!! I just hope it doesn't rain this June!!

I really wish we could've met up!! Darn!! That would've been perfect timing too!

Boma definitely looks better for breakfast- I've never been, but it looks yummy!! I do wish I liked it better, though!

Last days are always the worst! :guilty: I just can't believe we will be back so soon! :dance3: The crowds actually weren't bad that day!

AHHH!!! I'm so excited!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Goodbye World Showcase!
June 25, 2012

After we stuffed ourselves silly, we went back into France to continue shopping and perfume smelling!

We went back out of the WS the way we came…

Too funny!

…and stopped in Mousegears.

It was about 2:30pm, so we decided to go back to POFQ. We were acting pretty silly at that time because we were so tired! We spoke in a British dialect the entire way back from Mousegears to the resort! It was so funny!

I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE.
June 25, 2012

Don't miss the update on the previous page!! :goodvibes

We spotted Daisy on our way out, so we hopped in line for a picture!!

When we got back to POFQ, we looked around in the gift shop for a while, pin traded, and hung out in the food court.

The pins I traded for today!

We went to luggage services to pick up our carry-ons and waited for the Magical Express which was supposed to come at 4:30pm, but it never showed up until 4:55!!!!

:(

Then we stopped at OKW and SSR before leaving. It took soooo long!! We got to the airport by 6:00pm, went through security smoothy and ate at Sbarro.

It was yucky compared to Disney food!!! Wah!

Even thought the weather was crappy, the flight was still on time which was nice! The flight was uneventful- I fell asleep for most of it. When I woke up there was a lightning storm happening under us which was so cool to watch!!

Ok, ok, ok, enough cloud pictures! I’m sorry, I just think they are so cool!!!

We landing around 10:20ish, claimed our bags which seemed like it took forever, got the car, and started our long drive home! We arrived home at roughly 1:00am!

Thank you so much to everyone who stuck through this entire report! It wasn’t a long trip, but it seemed to take me forever to write! I think I was trying to lengthen it out as much as possible because I didn’t know when I’d be back! Now that I know we’ll be back next week(strangely almost exactly a year later), I’m super excited and I’m ok with this ending. It’s going to be a big trip with my mom moving, so hopefully Mom can have some posts about the moving process too! I will most definitely be sharing a TR for this trip coming up in 5 DAYS!!!! What? This is so exciting!

Just in case you didn’t see my PTR link before here it is:

“Help Me Move to Florida… You Can Go To Disney!”

Also, as we embark on our incredible journey, I will be updating mostly on social media...Twitter, Instagram, etc. If you have an account and would like to follow our adventure you are more than welcome to tag along! It should be a ton of fun, and I'm really excited about sharing this experience.

Twitter: emma212010
Instagram: emma212010

Thank you again to everyone! I really hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing and reliving it!

Until next time!! <3

Awwww, so sad that our TR is over!! But SOOOO excited for what's coming up in the next few days! :goodvibes

Great job on this report, love, it was so much fun reliving our trip - we had such a good time!!!! :cheer2:

What a lovely trip! It stresses me out when DME is late like that, guess they give themselves 3 hours for a reason!

Next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:( Over....however.......there's another TR coming up soon :teeth: Right??!!! It's always great to follow along with you and Nancy, too. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures and cute stories!!!

Heather

Great update! :)

Thank you!!

What a lovely trip! It stresses me out when DME is late like that, guess they give themselves 3 hours for a reason!

Next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thank you! I know, it is so stressful!! But I am so glad we were still early, even if that means missing out on more Disney time!

Great trip report girl! I loved following along! I'll be stalking your twitter when you leave! :laughing:

Thanks!! I'm so excited for the next one!

:( Over....however.......there's another TR coming up soon :teeth: Right??!!! It's always great to follow along with you and Nancy, too. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures and cute stories!!!

Heather

YES!! I'm so excited for it!!!! :hyper: Thank you so much for following along! We love having you aboard!! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!!

I am soooo sorry it has taken me this long to get over here and post the link to my TR, but here it is!!

"It's a Nice Song, But They Won't Stop Singing!!"

We had a fabulous time, and I was so excited to introduce DBF to the World! It was successful, but you'll have to read it to find out more!! ;)

Again, thank you so much to everyone who has suck around this whole time, and I PROMISE I will make it over to your TR and do some insane catch up!!!​

I'm so sorry I missed the end of your TR. Life has just been rather hectic this year and kept me away. But, I got all caught up and enjoyed hearing about the end of your TR. I hate it that y'all had so much rain but y'all were such troopers and seemed to really still manage to have lots of fun! :thumbsup2

I just got back to finish your report. I loved the cloud pics on your last day. Those from the plane were very cool. Now to make it over to your next report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter