Debt Dumpers - 2019

I'm so sure this was my first movie in theaters and that I went twice, once with cousins and once with a family friend and their kids... but I'm looking at the release date and I would have been just shy of 4. Did I really see a movie at 3 years old twice without my parents? :laughing:

Sounds like way too much screen time to me. Who was paying for this????

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so sure this was my first movie in theaters and that I went twice, once with cousins and once with a family friend and their kids... but I'm looking at the release date and I would have been just shy of 4. Did I really see a movie at 3 years old twice without my parents? :laughing:

Sounds like way too much screen time to me. Who was paying for this????

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The 90s were a different time. Obviously all us kids were off from our factory jobs that day. Someone had to pay for those tickets to rot our minds with too much screen time.

Interestingly, Dora the Explorer has a movie coming out in August, not animated. Looks like a fun movie lineup this summer, even Secret Life of Pets 2, or Angry Birds 2, but can't see them all in theaters.

If anyone notices more movie theater gift card deals soon, please pass on. I typically purchase tickets through Fandango, Regal is closest to us, AMC has a bit of a better theater though.

But here's some Disney movie theater releases this summer:
Aladdin 5/24
Toy Story *4* 6/21
Lion King 7/19

We still needed one night for our trip in October. I booked a reservation at Port Orleans French Quarter as a backup, but I really wanted to book either Poly or AKV for that last night, since we are staying at Poly and will be doing AK on that last day. I have been checking on the DVC site every day looking for availability and today there was an available studio with savanna view room at Jambo House. Since I needed to buy one time use points in order to book it, I nervously waited on hold hoping that the room wouldn't disappear before I got a rep on the line. Well, I was able to snag it and it only cost us $21.50 more than the reservation at Port Orleans! I am so thrilled and now even more excited for our October trip! Dining reservations open for us on April 15. We will have 9 people in our party and I have never had to try for reservations with such a large group, so hoping that all goes relatively smooth. I get so much excitement from the anticipation of planning an awesome trip. :D

We still needed one night for our trip in October. I booked a reservation at Port Orleans French Quarter as a backup, but I really wanted to book either Poly or AKV for that last night, since we are staying at Poly and will be doing AK on that last day. I have been checking on the DVC site every day looking for availability and today there was an available studio with savanna view room at Jambo House. Since I needed to buy one time use points in order to book it, I nervously waited on hold hoping that the room wouldn't disappear before I got a rep on the line. Well, I was able to snag it and it only cost us $21.50 more than the reservation at Port Orleans! I am so thrilled and now even more excited for our October trip! Dining reservations open for us on April 15. We will have 9 people in our party and I have never had to try for reservations with such a large group, so hoping that all goes relatively smooth. I get so much excitement from the anticipation of planning an awesome trip. :D
I very much want to stay at AKL one day! Sounds like a great trip!

Jen...I have booked ADR's for as many as 12....i had the best luck with us all sitting together was at Trattoria al forno on the Boardwalk, Marakeesh in Epcot...at one time we even did Boma's but that was a few years back...good luck with your plans...

Sold another sewing machine and got nearly $200 to put towards the trailer loan. The loan is now down to $11,380! Unfortunately, my friend is almost out of these machines and plans to sell the last few at her shop, so no more eBay sales income. But I made about $2000 in the past 13 months from my friend's generous offer and am so thankful to her. It really helped me knock down this loan faster. I looked at my upcoming summer travel and I have 9 trips from now until August. I should have a very large chunk of money from travel per diem to put towards the trailer so I think that we will probably get below that $10k mark well before Oct.

On Sunday we were driving on the highway and the tire of a semi came completely off and hit the back end of our van. We have one payment of $324 left. We are still waiting to hear if its totaled or not but its not looking good. I seriously want to cry. We are two years ahead on the loan and was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel only to probably end up with another loan. :sad::sad:

On Sunday we were driving on the highway and the tire of a semi came completely off and hit the back end of our van. We have one payment of $324 left. We are still waiting to hear if its totaled or not but its not looking good. I seriously want to cry. We are two years ahead on the loan and was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel only to probably end up with another loan. :sad::sad:

My fiance had the same thing happen to him, except it hit the front of his car. Completely totaled it. Did you get info from the semi for insurance? You might get lucky and get some kind of compensation from them.

Sorry this happened. Sounds like no one was hurt, so glad for that. I hope you can work things out regarding the car.

Hello everyone! Just made it through the thread of the last week. I love April soooo much!! It's my DD's birthday month as well as my own! And the weather gets better and I get to go to Disney!! Less that two weeks!! I really need a break from work- so do the kids- that's the down side to such a late Easter. I'm so excited for Flower and Garden- I never thought in a million years I would get to go to Disney in the spring.

Not too much of the spendies this week- except for my CL FP's. I know I don't need them but I like to take advantage of opportunities when presented. It also reminds me that I can't complain when DD gives me the photo package envelope and asks me to put a check in it! She isn't asking or expecting much for her birthday. She does want to go out to dinner and visit the florist so she can pick out her flowers (I think they carry them like a bouquet?).

This week shouldn't be too bad... We have to eat out on Tuesday because it's NHS induction and seniors have to attend and I have a meeting after school- gonna be a busy night for us.

I hope everyone has a great week!

It has now been 4 weeks since starting weight watchers. I am down 9 lbs. and DH has lost 9.5 lbs. We had to go shopping for DH yesterday. He took DD to swim class and his swim trunks were almost falling off him. We went to Old Navy and they had a time of stuff on clearance, so DH got some workout clothes too. 3 pairs of shorts, 1 pair swim trunks, 1 pair jeans, and 3 shirts for $65. My jeans are getting super baggy, so I need to go through my closet and try on some of my smaller sizes to figure out what will work. I really don't want to buy anything new at this stage as I would rather wait until I loose more and then buy some nice items from Trunk Club.

And in budget news, we added on some new debt, but it is at 0%. We decided to get a new camera. Our older one is bulky and heavy, so we never ended up actually taking it with us anything. I don't want to keep relying on my cellphone for pictures because it just doesn't take pictures as well as I would like. We settled on a Sony A6500. It cost us $1300 for the camera and lens. We put it on the card that has 0% until June 2020. I sold our old camera for $200 on Facebook marketplace and put that money towards the cost of the new camera. I also plan to sell a canon color printer, hopefully for $100-200 and will put that towards the camera too. And DH and I have agreed that the gift money that my mom always gives DH and I for our birthdays and Hanukkah, which we use as personal fun money, will all go towards the camera this year. That would have us pay off the camera in full by the end of the year without incurring any in interest.

And we settled on Labor Day plans for this year. Last year we went to northern Michigan and loved it, but DH doesn't have enough vacation time to take any days off, so we will have just Friday after work through Monday. We decided to go to Columbus to visit the children's museum, zoo, botanical gardens and do some biking. I booked us at a Residence Inn on points and we plan to pack all of our food for the weekend, so it should cost us just gas, activities and bird sitter fees.

It has now been 4 weeks since starting weight watchers. I am down 9 lbs. and DH has lost 9.5 lbs. We had to go shopping for DH yesterday. He took DD to swim class and his swim trunks were almost falling off him. We went to Old Navy and they had a time of stuff on clearance, so DH got some workout clothes too. 3 pairs of shorts, 1 pair swim trunks, 1 pair jeans, and 3 shirts for $65. My jeans are getting super baggy, so I need to go through my closet and try on some of my smaller sizes to figure out what will work. I really don't want to buy anything new at this stage as I would rather wait until I loose more and then buy some nice items from Trunk Club.

And in budget news, we added on some new debt, but it is at 0%. We decided to get a new camera. Our older one is bulky and heavy, so we never ended up actually taking it with us anything. I don't want to keep relying on my cellphone for pictures because it just doesn't take pictures as well as I would like. We settled on a Sony A6500. It cost us $1300 for the camera and lens. We put it on the card that has 0% until June 2020. I sold our old camera for $200 on Facebook marketplace and put that money towards the cost of the new camera. I also plan to sell a canon color printer, hopefully for $100-200 and will put that towards the camera too. And DH and I have agreed that the gift money that my mom always gives DH and I for our birthdays and Hanukkah, which we use as personal fun money, will all go towards the camera this year. That would have us pay off the camera in full by the end of the year without incurring any in interest.

And we settled on Labor Day plans for this year. Last year we went to northern Michigan and loved it, but DH doesn't have enough vacation time to take any days off, so we will have just Friday after work through Monday. We decided to go to Columbus to visit the children's museum, zoo, botanical gardens and do some biking. I booked us at a Residence Inn on points and we plan to pack all of our food for the weekend, so it should cost us just gas, activities and bird sitter fees.
That's great on ww! As for Labor Day, we don't do anything. However, I'm already thinking of New Year's plans, is that silly? I'm thinking about booking Great Wolf Lodge this would probably be the last year with the ages of kids that they'd enjoy it. The down part is that one has to pay a lot up front, and I don't like the refund policy.

Well, we are soon off to WDW! I don't post specific dates of my travel prior to, that's just what I'm used to doing. But, I will certainly post about how Disney goes! I'm excited and need to decide what we are doing on our non-park days! We are going to Sea World one day, it's free for us, the other two days not so sure, Disney Springs, mini-golf, sleep in.

Just scheduled my $1000 student loan payment! It won't officially post to my account until 4/13. By that time, my regular payment will have come out and then I'll be able to get my final payoff number to go ahead and send that in. Should be right around $525.
I just read the terrible news about PSLF. Less than one percent of the over 30,000 people who applied were actually approved. You are smart to be paying off your private loans as fast as possible.

Chugging along here. DH had to have $1700 worth of dental work last week. We also planned one last trip to WDW in May to use our APs which expire in June. Needless to say we have put our aggressive savings plan on hold to enjoy life a bit.

My paycheck on Friday will reflect my raise and back pay so we should be fine.
Our spring break trip out west is finally here. But first we are seeing Hamilton in NYC. Weather is finally getting better too.

Weight loss is still going. Not losing as fast but still one pound a week. I want to hit my goal by September which is totally reasonable.

Progress as of 4/7/19:
Car Loans - $0 + $29152 = $29,152 - $12,397 change from the beginning of the year
House Fund = $18,694 - $1,044 change from the beginning of the year
Emergency Fund = $2,906 - $627 change from the beginning of the year

First car is not officially paid off, but currently that money is set aside and earning interest (~$1800 left). We made some big payments on the other car this past week, and still have another $3000 or so to put towards it this month. I was waiting for a new credit card to come to make the remaining payments. DH is also supposed to get his commission for another job this month, so hopefully we can continue these big leaps.

We were very close on our eating out budget last month, and then right at the end DHs friend wanted to meet for dinner. He lives up in the mountains a bit (we're in the north Denver metro) and also works opposite schedule (nights/weekends and 3-4 12hr days) so we went over a bit for that. And we're floating a little from DHs work travels because he doesn't get his expense check for last month until the 10th (and he also has traveled the first three days of this month now).

I have zero updates on the whole weight/exercise stuff, but we have our upcoming week planned out including dinners and gym time. Also now that it is nice out (and dry, the biggest thing) I'm going to attempt taking the dogs for walks some, as that is the most enjoyable type of exercise to me. The hard things here are we live on dirt roads, so when it's wet it's a muddy mess, there are 3 dogs and one is a good walker, one is passable, and one is horrible so walking all at once alone or even with DH doesn't go well, DHs family has never been big dog walkers so it's weird to him (they swim them in the pool everyday in the summer)... It's nice today so maybe when I get home from work!

In more exciting news, we're taking a trip for Flower and Garden! I'm so excited, I wanted to go 2 years ago when we had APs for a long weekend but couldn't really make it work with saving $$ and PTO for the wedding/honeymoon and paying down student loans aggressively. We were determined to go this year but weren't sure when because of DHs work travels, but we finally narrowed it down (only about three weeks out :laughing:). Right now we're at just under $200 cash for flights/hotels after leveraging some credit card points. Now we just need to decide 1. come home Mon night or Tues morning, it's all on cc points so $0 OOP it just uses a few more of them, 2. do I $0 out the current cash cost with some cc cashback or pull it from our travel budget, and 3. do I use the travel budget or my Disney GC stash for food (I've got ~$1k in the GC stash, which is about what I predicted we'd need for extras on our cruise in June, but on the other hand I have 2.5mths to make it up if we use some on this trip... I'll probably do some of both).

2019 starting balances:
Car Loans - $7616 + $33933 = $41,549
House Fund = $17,650
Emergency Fund = $2,279

Progress as of 1/30/19:
Car Loans - $5216 + $33485 = $37,746 - $3,803 change from the beginning of the year
House Fund = $17,650 - $0 change from the beginning of the year
Emergency Fund = $2,323 - $44 change from the beginning of the year
Weight goal - 0%, 20 weeks to go

Progress as of 3/4/19:
Car Loans - $0 + $33024 = $33,024 - $8,525 change from the beginning of the year
House Fund = $18,290 - $640 change from the beginning of the year
Emergency Fund = $2,704 - $425 change from the beginning of the year
Weight goal - ?%, 16 weeks to go (need to weigh myself...)

I just read the terrible news about PSLF. Less than one percent of the over 30,000 people who applied were actually approved. You are smart to be paying off your private loans as fast as possible.

As long as you have it consolidated into the correct place you should be fine. The people that were denied did not consolidate correctly. I can't imagine thinking that you've been paying into it the whole time only to realize you didn't do direct loans and you get denied. What a horrible feeling.

In budget news, I my parents came and I spent quite a bit on food in preparation for them, but they paid for everything else! They even bought me a plane ticket to go visit family this summer. So I actually came in less than budgeted for for the last two weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter