• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debt Dumpers - 2019

Crappiest day of my life. My mom died in her sleep today. :sad::sad::sad: I still can't believe it.
She has been sick for so long and her quality of life just getting worse so it's totally selfish of me but at least then I could say hi to her, hug her, and talk to her. She is at peace now.:littleangel:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Crappiest day of my life. My mom died in her sleep today. :sad::sad::sad: I still can't believe it.
She has been sick for so long and her quality of life just getting worse so it's totally selfish of me but at least then I could say hi to her, hug her, and talk to her. She is at peace now.:littleangel:
My condolences on the loss of your mom. May she rest in perfect peace.

Hi Hon
No not selfish hon just normal reaction sweetie. I lost my mom a number of years ago and still miss her,I keep a beautiful photo of her beside my computer so that I remember she is always watching over me.
Your mom will always be watching over you,,and you carry her love in your heart.

Sending healing hugs your way.
Hugs
Mel

I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh, I am so sorry :(

I was doing some things around the house this morning and the oven started beeping with an error code. If I hit the clear button, it stops beeping, but then starts up again a few minutes later. I called for appliance repair and they said the soonest appoint isn't until tomorrow. I also called my mom and she said to turn it off at the breaker and wait 30 minutes, then turn it back on and see if it is still giving an error code. Hoping that does the trick and we don't have an expensive repair. :headache:

ETA: Still showing the error message, so I guess we are looking at a repair bill.

Last edited:
I was doing some things around the house this morning and the oven started beeping with an error code. If I hit the clear button, it stops beeping, but then starts up again a few minutes later. I called for appliance repair and they said the soonest appoint isn't until tomorrow. I also called my mom and she said to turn it off at the breaker and wait 30 minutes, then turn it back on and see if it is still giving an error code. Hoping that does the trick and we don't have an expensive repair. :headache:

ETA: Still showing the error message, so I guess we are looking at a repair bill.
We had something like this happen with our oven a few months ago, and got an error code while it did that. We googled the code and followed whatever it had said. Very annoying, we ended up cutting power also, pressed some buttons, debated if we needed to replace the clock assembly, I think we even looked at something on there, man I forgot what exactly we did but it seemed to work. Didn't have to call anyone in, luckily. Haven't had the problem since! Gas top stove, Kenmore brand.

We had something like this happen with our oven a few months ago, and got an error code while it did that. We googled the code and followed whatever it had said. Very annoying, we ended up cutting power also, pressed some buttons, debated if we needed to replace the clock assembly, I think we even looked at something on there, man I forgot what exactly we did but it seemed to work. Didn't have to call anyone in, luckily. Haven't had the problem since! Gas top stove, Kenmore brand.

I went to GE's site and followed the directions on their site to reset the code, but it didn't work which means that it is likely some kind of electronic control board that isn't functioning properly. I was able to get the constant beeping to stop though, so will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow when they come. We really like our stove/oven and don't want to replace it, so hoping the fix isn't super expensive.

And we just had the housekeeper come yesterday. This was the second visit from the new company and I was really underwhelmed. They didn't clean half of the kitchen sink because they didn't bother to lift the dish drainer. The floor also didn't look like it had been mopped, which for me is my biggest pet peeve and the reason that we looked for a new company. And then the upstairs toilet didn't really look clean either. I called the company yesterday to speak with them about my disappointment. They sent out a new crew today to address the problems. When the new crew arrived, they said that the floor definitely didn't look like it had been mopped at all. They also noticed issues with the bannister not being properly cleaned and some of the fixtures. I am glad that they sent people out to address the issues so quickly. They said that next month we will have a new crew and so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will be able to make it right going forward.

I went to GE's site and followed the directions on their site to reset the code, but it didn't work which means that it is likely some kind of electronic control board that isn't functioning properly. I was able to get the constant beeping to stop though, so will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow when they come. We really like our stove/oven and don't want to replace it, so hoping the fix isn't super expensive.
Hopefully it's a cheap fix, luckily ours worked after messing around with some things we read to do online after googling the problem. Hope that new cleaning crew works better!

Mid-May check in. Doing pretty well this month! DH got his bonus in his last paycheck and our savings account is now fully funded for a year's worth of mortgage payments! Our budget is looking pretty good for the month. We haven't eaten out AT ALL yet, which is huge for us! DH is traveling for work all this week so all of his expenses are covered on the company credit card. I paid our personal property taxes yesterday and a horse show fee for one of our horses, which was about $600 altogether. We probably have about $800 of work that needs to be done on DH's car soon too. And I need to buy hay for the year for my horses soon. So hopefully we can continue the trend of not eating out and I can transfer all of that budgeted money to the horse or car fund!

The only high-budget item so far this month is gas. Gas continues to go up in our area, even though I know it's lower than many parts of the country. I couldn't figure out why we had already spent $150 on gas this month when we've just had our normal commutes. Unfortunately, it's $40 to fill up my car right now. I've filled up twice and DH has filled up twice. At least his car is parked at the airport right now until late Friday night, so no gas used there.

And we just had the housekeeper come yesterday. This was the second visit from the new company and I was really underwhelmed. They didn't clean half of the kitchen sink because they didn't bother to lift the dish drainer.

My cleaning lady is sweet and does a really good job, but she won't lift the dish drainer either - I usually try to remember to take it out and set it in the top rack of the dishwasher on cleaning days so that she will remember to clean under it :-)

Mid-May check in. Doing pretty well this month! DH got his bonus in his last paycheck and our savings account is now fully funded for a year's worth of mortgage payments!

The only high-budget item so far this month is gas. Gas continues to go up in our area, even though I know it's lower than many parts of the country. I couldn't figure out why we had already spent $150 on gas this month when we've just had our normal commutes. Unfortunately, it's $40 to fill up my car right now. I've filled up twice and DH has filled up twice. At least his car is parked at the airport right now until late Friday night, so no gas used there.

That is so exciting! Congrats! I feel you on the gas front. :crazy2: Being in CA we're notoriously known for our extravagant gas prices. I think most places around me are just under or just over $4/gal. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

That is so exciting! Congrats! I feel you on the gas front. :crazy2: Being in CA we're notoriously known for our extravagant gas prices. I think most places around me are just under or just over $4/gal. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Ugh...I pay on average $4.25/gallon. My husband's car needs premium so it's like $4.75...

My husband's car needs premium so it's like $4.75...

:eek::eek::eek::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: I guess I should be glad my car doesn't need premium. Your in SoCal right? At least in NorCal (where I am) we generally have slightly cheaper prices than other parts of CA. Except for the bay area where gas will always cost you a ridiculous amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter