Debt Dumpers 2020

I should not have clicked this link :rotfl: I love travel bags and accessories! Packing cubes, organized travel purses, everything. I'm working on paring down to the stuff I actually use each trip...

I pulled a ton of stuff out this weekend to get rid of. Now I need to decide if I just want to haul it off to the thrift store to get rid of it, or if there is anything that could be worth selling... we have minimal space for storing stuff.
I also love travel bags and accessories! It can be a problem! Haha. I received mine over the weekend and I love them. The pattern I chose wasn't as vibrant as I thought it was going to be, but I figure it's probably just how the fabric is. I'm not sure exactly what i'm going to use them for just yet, but I do have the smallest one set aside for holding our passports. I have an Amazon hanging travel organizer that I don't really care for so i'm thinking I need to try and sell it since it just takes up space.

Productive weekend! Had a $13 home office makeover, and that $13 was only for new paint for the baseboards which we'll also use for touch-ups around the house. I did end up eating out but it was only $36 to feed the four of us and I could barely move after painting, so I call it a win. :rotfl2: And there were leftovers for lunch the next day for two of us.

Next on the agenda is a bathroom makeover. DH and I used our gift cards and so the cost is zero for now. I am going to try to repaint the countertop with a DIY chalkboard paint/looks-like-slate, so there will be a cost in the future for the paint and sealer. I believe, in total, it'll cost us less than $50.

Had a couple of medical bills come in. Nothing that deterred the payment plan. I pulled up the snowball this morning and scheduled payments accordingly. Feels good to be on track!

We have been planning to return to Disney in December 2021 with myself, my husband, my mother in law (her first time), my daughter and her husband or whatever is happening with her at that moment, and our nephew. My mom texted me last night and said her husband wants to go back in 2021 but likely in September or October. We went with them in March/April 2019 and stayed off site at a house they rented. My husband and I had already planned to go in December 2019 so we got annual passes and went two times in one year for the first time ever. I would really like to go both times but I do not see how that is going to be possible financially!!! I am trying to convince my mom that September/October 2021 will be super busy due to the 50th so they should go in 2022!!

I need to be wealthy so I can travel when I want to!

We have been planning to return to Disney in December 2021 with myself, my husband, my mother in law (her first time), my daughter and her husband or whatever is happening with her at that moment, and our nephew. My mom texted me last night and said her husband wants to go back in 2021 but likely in September or October. We went with them in March/April 2019 and stayed off site at a house they rented. My husband and I had already planned to go in December 2019 so we got annual passes and went two times in one year for the first time ever. I would really like to go both times but I do not see how that is going to be possible financially!!! I am trying to convince my mom that September/October 2021 will be super busy due to the 50th so they should go in 2022!!

Disney is expensive. Might be cheaper to go to DL over a weekend than try to do WDW twice.

This is my "why" for getting out of debt and saving as much money as possible. I love to travel and when I have no debt I will be able to travel more. I have a good job that pays well and gives me enough vacation time but I don't have the funds. I have lots of vacations planned in my head! LOL

Enjoy your trip! Just curious on the cc points you mentioned, are you using these for hotel, tickets, flights, dining, cash back, or something else towards your trip? Interesting to hear different ways people are able to use points towards WDW. I've just been using points on SW flights, one AA coming up, and also towards a cruise through Chase travel.

we opened a couple of CCs last year for their long 0% interest periods but they both came with $150 bonus for minimum spends. We easily met the minimum spends (new house etc) so I’m just going to apply the bonuses as statement credits to whatever we charge for once we’re at Disney. My in-laws are DVC members and they are covering our room and we fly cheaply with Frontier.

This is my "why" for getting out of debt and saving as much money as possible. I love to travel and when I have no debt I will be able to travel more. I have a good job that pays well and gives me enough vacation time but I don't have the funds. I have lots of vacations planned in my head! LOL

Me too! This is a big reason I am trying to pay off my mortgage in 7 years rather than 27. Then those payments can go towards trips (and amping up savings that much more). I had my oldest when I was 19 and met DH 2 years later. We’ve rarely just had “us” time and didn’t get to “enjoy our 20’s”, so to speak, so we are looking to hopefully do that in our 50’s.

The retirement savings thread going on in Community right now is an interesting read on that subject.

we opened a couple of CCs last year for their long 0% interest periods but they both came with $150 bonus for minimum spends. We easily met the minimum spends (new house etc) so I’m just going to apply the bonuses as statement credits to whatever we charge for once we’re at Disney. My in-laws are DVC members and they are covering our room and we fly cheaply with Frontier.
That's nice they have DVC. With family that has and allows use of DVC rooms, that could make a vacation there that much more affordable.

Does anyone else here use Credit Karma? If so, have you ever had a HUGE credit score increase? I logged in yesterday and, after 2 years of a 1 point increase here and there, my credit score had increased 56 points on Equifax and 61 points on Transunion. 👀 !!?!?!?! The only "recent changes" listed since last week were a $3000 credit increase on one credit card and I had paid down about $1000 on car note and a couple of credit cards. Any one have any thoughts??

Last edited:
Does anyone else here use Credit Karma? If so, have you ever had a HUGE credit score increase? I logged in yesterday and, after 2 years of a 1 point increase here and there, my credit score had increased 56 points on Equifax and 61 points on Transunion. 👀 !!?!?!?! The only "recent changes" listed since last week were a $3000 credit increase on one credit card and I had paid down about $1000 on car note and a couple of credit cards. Any one have any thoughts??
my guess would be because your debt to income ratio changed. Your available credit went up while the debt you owe went down.

Me too! I have a good job with great vacation benefits but lack the money to travel spontaneously or extensively!

Stuff stays on your report 7 years, did you have any closed cards or something else fall off? If you had a card for a short period of time fall off your average age of credit could have also changed and that along with the changes you mentioned could be it. Seems like a big jump for just a 4k increased in credit but I'm basing it off how long it took me to go from 750+ to 800+.

Hmm maybe it was targeted. I got an email this morning about it that it was rolling out.

I got an email last month that it would be coming in January. I haven't heard anything since and it's not live on my account. Is it live on yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter