Debt Dumpers 2021

Well, went into about $4000 more in debt on Monday. But I think it's worth it. We are both doing amazing despite some struggles during/after birth.

The downside? Both mine and hubby's loa has *yet* to be updated regarding the leave starting Monday and if it isn't updated by tomorrow, our checks are going to be reallllly bad.

But, in happy news, here's a picture of our newest family member! View attachment 589816

Congratulations!!!!!

Well, went into about $4000 more in debt on Monday. But I think it's worth it. We are both doing amazing despite some struggles during/after birth.

The downside? Both mine and hubby's loa has *yet* to be updated regarding the leave starting Monday and if it isn't updated by tomorrow, our checks are going to be reallllly bad.

But, in happy news, here's a picture of our newest family member! View attachment 589816

Congratulations!!!

Today was not my day. My car died on the way to the dentist. Free towing through AAA, turned out to be the alternator, which killed the battery plus the AC was low and it needed some other routine flushes while it was there. Lots of money. Was able to get into the dentist later in the day, which was great but then the crown they were fitting me cracked so they had to do a new impression and put the temp back on. Crown is paid for and I won’t have to pay for another one, but still, I’ve been dealing with this tooth for literally about nine months now. Still need to buy a bunch of stuff for DS18 for college, still paying for the new fence. When it rains it pours. My patience is done.

Today was not my day. My car died on the way to the dentist. Free towing through AAA, turned out to be the alternator, which killed the battery plus the AC was low and it needed some other routine flushes while it was there. Lots of money. Was able to get into the dentist later in the day, which was great but then the crown they were fitting me cracked so they had to do a new impression and put the temp back on. Crown is paid for and I won’t have to pay for another one, but still, I’ve been dealing with this tooth for literally about nine months now. Still need to buy a bunch of stuff for DS18 for college, still paying for the new fence. When it rains it pours. My patience is done.
That is quite a day! And none of that sounds like small costs at all!

Luckily my car is running great, and it better be as it's a 2019. Interestingly in KBB today my car is showing 4k more than it was just a few months ago. Perhaps purported used car demand in some locations true or not, unknown, but interesting to me it is up in value.

:hug: :shamrock:
I hope things begin to turn around for you.

The bad: Speaking of our roommate he was supposed to be out this weekend, but his apartment isn't ready yet so he'll be moving out next weekend. I'm annoyed it was pushed back by a week, but honestly we have bigger issues than him at the moment. Speaking of those bigger issues this whole roof and solar project has been nothing but a headache. To try and make a long story short: I know I mentioned previously that they told us we needed to upgrade and relocate our current electrical panel, but that isn't exactly an option for us since we are in a neighborhood that still has above ground power lines vs. underground. So the company reached out to SMUD (our electric company) to see what our options are and SMUD basically came back to say that our only option is to move our power underground because our power line cuts the corner of our pool which is against current codes. Well we refuse to do this as this would more than likely cost us 10s of 1000s of dollars since we'd end up needing to rip up our backyard. So the company ordered a main breaker replacement part that they hope will work with our current panel and will allow us to still do the solar. Honestly at this point I just want to pull the plug on the solar portion since I'm over the whole thing, but I think that if we try and do that now they will end up charging us a cancellation fee. The roof has already been replaced (and it looks great), but I also wish we would have put a pause on the whole thing until we got the solar stuff figured out. But you know...hindsight. So if the solar doesn't end up working out then we're going to have to figure out how we want to pay for the roof since I'd rather not use their financing company for it.

Update to our solar woes: The main breaker replacement part that the company ordered will work for our panel so we're moving forward with the solar as planned. I have mixed feelings about this since we've had so many issues up until now. I'm really hoping that we run into no other issues and that the city and/or SMUD will sign off on the panels once everything is installed. The panels were delivered to my house this morning and are set to be installed tomorrow. So hopefully I'll have another update next week. Also, our roommate should be moving out this weekend as planned and I'm soooo unbelievably excited by this. The room he's in is going to need a deep clean so if he actually leaves tomorrow then that's probably what I'm going to be doing on Saturday.

@pblack Exciting on all fronts! What are you going to do with the room that you are getting back? How long have you been without it? I hope that all the plans for tomorrow and the weekend go smoothly.

@pblack Exciting on all fronts! What are you going to do with the room that you are getting back? How long have you been without it? I hope that all the plans for tomorrow and the weekend go smoothly.
In a surprising move, the solar panels are actually being installed today. I didn't know this was the plan until the guys showed up. This company has really lacked on the communication front.

We've been without that room since we first bought our house (about 3.5 years ago). Our plan is to turn it into a workout/gaming room. I'm going to move the exercise bike/elliptical that's currently in our spare bedroom into this room and then I'm also moving an 8-cube organizer I'm currently using behind the couch into this room. I plan on moving our spare TV in there and then moving all of our extra gaming systems (Xbox 360, super Nintendo, N64) to the cube storage. We have our eye on a couple chairs from Ikea to go in here also. I've ordered a "buffet" (really it's a TV stand but it doesn't completely look like a TV stand) to put behind the couch in place of the 8-cube organizer. I'm actually really excited about this since I don't have enough storage for kitchen items that I only use a few times a year. I'm currently storing some of them in my coat closet. :rotfl2:

Your getting the room back sounds like it is really going to help you out in so many ways. That is awesome! Recreation, storage, healthy exercise....Even the cleaning will be rewarding to get that happening. Glad the solar company showed up early, too. 👍

Just dropping in. I'm trying to get back into the groove of things over here. My life since my dad passed has pretty much just been chaos, so I'm hoping it calms down soon. Both my husband and mom have been in the ER in the span of two weeks, major house issues, etc. I'm ready for things to calm down and just to catch my breath. We're taking a little bit of an impromptu trip to Disney next week. We planned it several months ago, but it was originally going to be a pretty laidback trip. Well, now we're going all out with parkhoppers so we can see HEA one last time and doing several meals. I'm really looking forward to it and a couple days away from the madness here!

@DisneyMandC I always imagine your name is "Marie" and I think of you as "Disney-Marie" (although that name is too old for you I am sure--haha). Anyway, I am really sorry to hear that all the difficulty has continued since your dad's accident. I hope that your mom and hubby are doing better now and that you can thoroughly enjoy your upcoming get-away vacation. Hugs to you!

@DisneyMandC I always imagine your name is "Marie" and I think of you as "Disney-Marie" (although that name is too old for you I am sure--haha). Anyway, I am really sorry to hear that all the difficulty has continued since your dad's accident. I hope that your mom and hubby are doing better now and that you can thoroughly enjoy your upcoming get-away vacation. Hugs to you!

I always see the MandC and think of her as Disney Mac & Cheese :-)

The savings that we built up over the pandemic is slowing going away. DD was back in the ER on Monday with a possible appendicitis. It is not thankfully. She has injured her abdominal wall most likely working out with the high school soccer team. While in the ER she had an ultrasounds and a CT scan. Then doctors appointments this week to follow up.

This was the 3rd visit to the ER since Memorial day weekend. The second trip insurance rejected as not an emergency. So now I have to appeal that. She was coughing without stopping for an hour before I took her. Couldn't catch her breath and has having a hard time breathing. She was in the ER the day before this for the same thing and it was covered. So now I am appealing it and hoping everything gets covered from the visit this week. I have a feeling the CT scan won't be. The Dr. gave us a choice of going home and waiting to see what happens (appendicitis was ruled out at this point) and come back if it gets worse or do the CT scan. He did not recommend the CT scan because of the high radiation. We choose to have the CT scan instead of waiting for a life threating emergency. He put in his notes this. I hope it gets covered.

Just dropping in. I'm trying to get back into the groove of things over here. My life since my dad passed has pretty much just been chaos, so I'm hoping it calms down soon. Both my husband and mom have been in the ER in the span of two weeks, major house issues, etc. I'm ready for things to calm down and just to catch my breath. We're taking a little bit of an impromptu trip to Disney next week. We planned it several months ago, but it was originally going to be a pretty laidback trip. Well, now we're going all out with parkhoppers so we can see HEA one last time and doing several meals. I'm really looking forward to it and a couple days away from the madness here!
Have fun at Disney, and I personally can't imagine going without park hoppers if available! I'd absolutely do park hoppers. It sounds like so much going on and still trying to grieve, here's to hoping you get some peace in things!
The savings that we built up over the pandemic is slowing going away. DD was back in the ER on Monday with a possible appendicitis. It is not thankfully. She has injured her abdominal wall most likely working out with the high school soccer team. While in the ER she had an ultrasounds and a CT scan. Then doctors appointments this week to follow up.

This was the 3rd visit to the ER since Memorial day weekend. The second trip insurance rejected as not an emergency. So now I have to appeal that. She was coughing without stopping for an hour before I took her. Couldn't catch her breath and has having a hard time breathing. She was in the ER the day before this for the same thing and it was covered. So now I am appealing it and hoping everything gets covered from the visit this week. I have a feeling the CT scan won't be. The Dr. gave us a choice of going home and waiting to see what happens (appendicitis was ruled out at this point) and come back if it gets worse or do the CT scan. He did not recommend the CT scan because of the high radiation. We choose to have the CT scan instead of waiting for a life threating emergency. He put in his notes this. I hope it gets covered.
That's awful they denied it and hope you get the appeal, and that they cover the CT! And hopefully nothing serious in your DD's health! One of mine had appendicitis it was like boom, same night admitted to hospital and surgery first thing in am. Sometimes you have to do the tests to rule things out, it can be scary to feel you have a symptom and not getting relief.

I always see the MandC and think of her as Disney Mac & Cheese :-)

Ha! Not a Marie and not a Mac and Cheese. Though I am really looking forward to some Homecomin' mac and cheese next week!

Used my husband's overtime money to buy two fans and another blind that we want to replace. Going to a cabin with the inlaws this weekend but we have a budget and a plan. Shouldn't be too bad. Did August budget and should be able to pay off a credit card. Waiting for Christmas party tickets to go on sale for Disney in December. Bought daughter a plane ticket to come home for Thanksgiving but she will be paying that back. We have been really good the last several months using cash, no credit cards and paying back our savings if/when we use it.

Our ctc payment got sent to a closed account. I updated the info in the portal to the new account, but wasn't expecting to see anything until August. The irs portal is showing a deposit scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see if it goes in. If it does, half will go to paying off one loan and the rest will go towards booking Bug's 5th birthday Disney trip this fall.

Speaking of that trip, has anyone stayed in the All Star Music family suites before? Wondering if it's worth the cost for the extra space and kitchen area. We're driving so we'd just drive to the parks anyway no matter where we stay. It's that or Pop Century.

Speaking of that trip, has anyone stayed in the All Star Music family suites before? Wondering if it's worth the cost for the extra space and kitchen area. We're driving so we'd just drive to the parks anyway no matter where we stay. It's that or Pop Century.
I haven't stayed in the family suites, but the regular rooms are tight. I stayed there with a coworker in a two queen room and we both thought it was small. But we also didn't care because we only were there to sleep and shower. :rotfl2: (best business trip ever!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter