Debt Dumpers 2021

Bit the bullet and bought the oldest her college supplies before she goes. Just concerned with her limited budget that she'll be priced out of supplies.
I've been trying to convince my guys to take some of the notebooks etc. we have here. Every year I'd get a stash when they were on super sales and still have a lot leftover. I think DS20 took a few last year but mainly takes notes on his laptop. But DS18 is only just starting so I don't think he knows what he's going to do, but he likes money and probably won't want to spend more than he has to.

Ya'll, prices are going up everywhere! I had to buy dog and cat food and paid nearly $20 MORE than normal last week. I've never been more grateful that we worked hard to get to our zero CC debt this year. Going to have to start measuring portions per kibble soon. :rotfl2: :dog::cat:
Has anyone else noticed where they are that cat food is seriously out of stock? I'm having a hard time finding a store with much of anything. The Friskies pouches our 18-yr-old old lady cat likes are nowhere to be found and even out of stock at Chewy. I've had to scrounge and find alternatives where/when I can (it's been fun (not!) trying to see what she'll eat and what she doesn't like). I ordered some other ones from Chewy this week that she seems to like ok, but hope the normal stuff will be back in stock soon.

DD used the five star products brand for classes, always the same color for the same subjects, there are a plastic folder. And of course matching notebook.
After the class was over she would transfer the material into 15cent paper folders and reuse
The plastic one for the next class. So far for all 4 years of college. Masters to go.
She told me- they are in perfect shape and too expensive to buy ever year. :)
She told DS you are going to do the same. He said “fine” but I am the one who brings him the folders to trade out.

Has anyone else noticed where they are that cat food is seriously out of stock? I'm having a hard time finding a store with much of anything. The Friskies pouches our 18-yr-old old lady cat likes are nowhere to be found and even out of stock at Chewy. I've had to scrounge and find alternatives where/when I can (it's been fun (not!) trying to see what she'll eat and what she doesn't like). I ordered some other ones from Chewy this week that she seems to like ok, but hope the normal stuff will be back in stock soon.
I have an auto-ship set up with chewy and when I went to order my dog food and was looking to get a bigger size bag I noticed that the bags I normally order said they were back ordered. However I selected to have my auto-ship to be shipped a bit early and I got the kibble that said it wasn’t in stock. I think they hold inventory for their auto-ship customers even though it show unavailable on the site. So if you do find it in stock set up an auto shipment to hopefully have access to the limited inventory in the future.

I've been trying to convince my guys to take some of the notebooks etc. we have here. Every year I'd get a stash when they were on super sales and still have a lot leftover. I think DS20 took a few last year but mainly takes notes on his laptop. But DS18 is only just starting so I don't think he knows what he's going to do, but he likes money and probably won't want to spend more than he has to.
She lives a few states away for college, so I'm sending shelf stable groceries, laundry stuff, and paper products. And the special scientific notebooks that are double the price on campus. Seems like shipping is even slow right now, so I'm hoping it all gets here in time.

I think I'll go grab an extra bag of food for the animals today.

Anyone else wish it was time to decorate? It's so smoky where I live (wildfires, and I'm fine) that I eyeballed my fall decor yesterday.

I have noticed cat food and other random things being out of stock. I have a subscribe and save order on Amazon for paper plates and it wasn't able to be filled this time due to no stock.

I have also noticed lots of empty spots in the grocery store- we are a high tourism area so I'm hopeful it is just temporary for the season.

I've also had problems finding the wet cat food my cat likes in the last 6 months or so. I finally found some on clearance at target and bought all they had. Then I got lucky and found it on walmarts website and ordered a couple cases. I also usually use chewy and it's been in and out of stock on there.

When I was in costco on Monday I noticed lots of empty overhead rack, but I didn't really notice anything specific out of stock. I definitely think there are some supply issues going on with lots of products.

I'm real glad I use cloth diapers 90% of the time. Diapers went up in price too.

Planning on using some of tomorrow's ctc payment and buying a few extra things from Sam's to continue stocking the pantry/freezer. Last month we actually got a decent little stock up going and have only eaten out twice. I'd like to keep that up.

Yes - definitely. For at least 6 months, Kroger has had almost no wet cat food. Our cats like Meow Mix Simple Servings the best and I have to stalk Chewy to get it. Last time they had it in stock, I ordered 6 boxes so hopefully that will last a little bit of time.

I have an auto-ship set up with chewy and when I went to order my dog food and was looking to get a bigger size bag I noticed that the bags I normally order said they were back ordered. However I selected to have my auto-ship to be shipped a bit early and I got the kibble that said it wasn’t in stock. I think they hold inventory for their auto-ship customers even though it show unavailable on the site. So if you do find it in stock set up an auto shipment to hopefully have access to the limited inventory in the future.
I did auto ship for awhile and then we were able to find it for awhile in local stores so I cancelled my auto ship. Maybe I shouldn’t have.

She lives a few states away for college, so I'm sending shelf stable groceries, laundry stuff, and paper products. And the special scientific notebooks that are double the price on campus. Seems like shipping is even slow right now, so I'm hoping it all gets here in time.

I think I'll go grab an extra bag of food for the animals today.

Anyone else wish it was time to decorate? It's so smoky where I live (wildfires, and I'm fine) that I eyeballed my fall decor yesterday.
My guys only go to school an hour away and even then I have a lot of stuff piled up for DS20 who lives off campus. He does shop for food, but this weekend wants me to take him to the small market/butcher where we go for meat - he knows I’ll buy him whatever he wants to take back, lol.

How much of a pain in the butt is it to drive from Universal to Disney? We've been debating between staying at Disney and driving to Universal for the 2 days we're going, but I looked and we would save almost $2k to stay at Universal's Dockside in a 2 bedroom room over the family suite at AsMu. So I'm kinda leaning that way. But battling driving to Disney for 4 or 5 days has me debating if the savings are worth the hassle.

we've stayed at disney and done a couple of days at universal as well as stayed at universal and done a couple at disney. the drive wasn't terrible. the only downside is if you want to be able to break up days by going back to the room or to the hotel for a swim. that said-i really enjoyed our stay on property at universal in 2019. the rooms were larger (and much less expensive), the pools were nice (we pool hopped), there was city walk with allot of options in dining that were really great (and less expensive than disney so we saved $$$), and the staff seemed so much more relaxed, they were very professional and attentive but more relaxed. i almost feel hovered over at a disney property with the 'cast member' staff, this was lower key.

we've stayed at disney and done a couple of days at universal as well as stayed at universal and done a couple at disney. the drive wasn't terrible. the only downside is if you want to be able to break up days by going back to the room or to the hotel for a swim. that said-i really enjoyed our stay on property at universal in 2019. the rooms were larger (and much less expensive), the pools were nice (we pool hopped), there was city walk with allot of options in dining that were really great (and less expensive than disney so we saved $$$), and the staff seemed so much more relaxed, they were very professional and attentive but more relaxed. i almost feel hovered over at a disney property with the 'cast member' staff, this was lower key.

Universal is why I go to FL these days. Much cheaper than WDW. And their rooms are much nicer.

How much of a pain in the butt is it to drive from Universal to Disney? We've been debating between staying at Disney and driving to Universal for the 2 days we're going, but I looked and we would save almost $2k to stay at Universal's Dockside in a 2 bedroom room over the family suite at AsMu. So I'm kinda leaning that way. But battling driving to Disney for 4 or 5 days has me debating if the savings are worth the hassle.
We did it when the kids were 10 and 12. There was traffic but it wasn’t that bad.

It’s about a 20-30 minute drive between the two on I-4 with normal traffic. We are DVC members so we always stay at Disney and drive to universal, if you are planning universal rope drop or MK plan for 20 extra minutes to navigate the parking garage & security at US and the walk to the front of either park. For MK it’s the usual TTC monorail or ferry time.

20-30 mins isn't bad at all. I'm going to crunch some numbers and see what the best way to go will be. I think I'm leaning towards staying at Universal now and driving over to Disney for the 4 or 5 days. We'll be there 10 nights, so I'm thinking with it being right on I drive, we'll have so many more options for food and entertainment on our non park days.

Plus if we can pool hop, we could go over to Cabana Bay and lounge in the lazy river!

We'll be there 10 nights, so I'm thinking with it being right on I drive, we'll have so many more options for food and entertainment on our non park days.

we saved allot on food by venturing out (or sending dh to go and do pickup for us). there are chain restaurants back there that are not local to us that we enjoy-fuddruckers being one. dh and ds went one night to dave & busters to game their brains out and brought the rest of us back great pub grub. we did cheesecake factory (with extra dessert for back in the room). i checked all the places we were interested in to see if they had any online clubs to join for free-we ended up with free appetizers, desserts or outright discounts (bubba gumps at universal had a good one if memory serves). if you pursue doing this i reccomend not signing up for any more than 2 weeks in advance (of the travel dates, not the departure date) because some will send an offer that's only good for a week or so out from issuance.

I love Universal, but with little kids, I would definitely consider a split stay just for the ease of mid-day breaks. I-4 isn't terrible driving (usually), but you aren't going to want to do it more than once a day.

Also, be aware that the suites at Dockside are two ROOM suites, not two bedrooms. There are a lot of photos online that show you the set-up, but there are two beds in the main room and then one small bedroom. Cabana Bay has two bedroom suites, but they are usually stupid expensive.

20-30 mins isn't bad at all. I'm going to crunch some numbers and see what the best way to go will be. I think I'm leaning towards staying at Universal now and driving over to Disney for the 4 or 5 days. We'll be there 10 nights, so I'm thinking with it being right on I drive, we'll have so many more options for food and entertainment on our non park days.

Plus if we can pool hop, we could go over to Cabana Bay and lounge in the lazy river!

You cannot pool hop if you are staying at Dockside. It has never been allowed from either of the value hotels (Surfside and Dockside). All of the other hotels do allow it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter