December 2007 Waitlist Thread

Thanks. I just called no luck. I will probably cancel on monday.

Hopefully something will open up for you over the weekend. Keep calling though. I got my studio on the 16th, because one opened up while I was talking to MS.

16 days to go and still on the waitlist (until 7 days before) anybody else still hoping?

ok, we cancelled out waitlist this morning.. We leave in 18 days and I was stressing just wondering if it was going to come through on the last minute.. :) I should be very happy though, we are staying at SSR, just were looking for a change.. On a happy note - I'm going to Disney!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

ok, we cancelled out waitlist this morning.. We leave in 18 days and I was stressing just wondering if it was going to come through on the last minute.. :) I should be very happy though, we are staying at SSR, just were looking for a change.. On a happy note - I'm going to Disney!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I'm not cancelling, we have 22 days and I'm more than happy to stay @ SSR. We were just looking for something different.

We were on a wait list forone bedroom at VWL for Dec 16-23rd and finally got it in August. DVC called us today and we now have to move to OKW due to renovations during the time we were to be at the Lodge! Not happy at all. That is the whole point of being wait listed for the VWL because that is WHERE we wanted to stay. They picked a heck of a time to renovate.:mad:

The only good thing is that we have never stayed at Old Key west and it is less points.

I can relate to what you're saying. We were trying for BWV and it was just stressing me out wondering if it would happen or not. I know, it should be an attitude of "if it does, great, if not, oh well", but that's just not my personality (boy, I wish it was). I feel much more relaxed knowing where we'll be staying.

Pixie dust to everyone still waiting!!!

Still waiting... and I'm about 10 days from the 7 day window. December 1 concierge at AKV...

We arrive in exactly 30 days. Even though I have our waitlist extended to 7 days prior to arrival, I've pretty much given up hope in our waitlist coming through.

But as it's been said - at least we'll be at Disney for a week!! :upsidedow

Have a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View and have been waitlisting for a 2 bedroom standard for Early Dec. I booked the one bed day by day at 11 months. Circumstances changed and I really could use the 2 bed for breathing room.

BUT - Im not holding my breath- This is my 5th time on a waitlist with no luck-

Good luck to all and congrats to all whos waitlists have come thru! :goodvibes

We were on a wait list forone bedroom at VWL for Dec 16-23rd and finally got it in August. DVC called us today and we now have to move to OKW due to renovations during the time we were to be at the Lodge! Not happy at all. That is the whole point of being wait listed for the VWL because that is WHERE we wanted to stay. They picked a heck of a time to renovate.

Huh? What renovations are going on at VWL? I hadn't heard of anything. DD15 and I had reserved a studio for 12/26 - 1/1 at the 11 month mark. Then my sister and her DD6 decided to join us. I am waitlisted for a 1BR for the same dates. If the waitlist comes through, it means more space; otherwise we can manage in the studio. I would not be happy to get moved to OKW especially during the holidays!!!

Have a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View and have been waitlisting for a 2 bedroom standard for Early Dec. I booked the one bed day by day at 11 months. Circumstances changed and I really could use the 2 bed for breathing room.

BUT - Im not holding my breath- This is my 5th time on a waitlist with no luck-

Good luck to all and congrats to all whos waitlists have come thru! :goodvibes

Bummer. I have a 2br Standard for 12/9-12/14 and would like a 2br boardwalk view. I would have been happy to trade with you. But who knows, there may still be hope for both of us.

Have Dec 10&13.. studio......on list for the 12 and 14th.....i just called and nothing...made some ADR for the nites we are there......could i do a DVC ressie with a discount and just pay...at this point i would be happy for 3 nites in a ROW......I usually plan way ahead ....i wont go into that tho......

We are waitlisted for the AKV on 12/6 and 12/7 just before our cruise. The odds appear to be slim to none :sad2: particularly now that I've seen this thread with others waitlisted in December.

We have res for AKV (2 bed) for 12/17-12/20 then move to SSR for (2 bed) 12/20-12-28. We are waitlisted for (2bed) 12/20-12/28 for BCV and BWV nothing yet. I call also a few times a week. They probally hate me

Still waiting on a 2br BWV boardwalk view for 12/9-12/14. We're booked in a 2br BWV standard view (which we waitlisted for at 7-months and got back in August) so I can't really complain much if it doesn't come through.

On a scale from 1 to 10 of expectancy for mine to come through at this point... I'm at < 1. The upside is, we'll still be at the BWV and I'll be saving some points.

Next week I'll start calling a couple of times a day since the waitlist ends soon.

Also...I've noticed folks posting about being on the waitlist for any type of unit at any DVC resort for specific dates but not getting anything. Then I noticed a post by someone else who called and got some of those exact dates but the other person is still waitlisted with nothing coming through for them yet. Shouldn't those rooms have gone to those other folks first, not the one that called later and wasn't even waitlisted for those dates?

That's why I still call a few times a week and check....and then ask MS to also check availability for any of my nights...just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter