December 2013 Check in Thread Post your travel dates and hotel here

Wishing a safe and sound arrival to DLR for melis79, MouseFan Down Under and wvgirl26.

May all of you have a magical time at Disneyland filled with pixie dust wonders and joys.

We will be in Disneyland on 12/29 and 12/30. My DS's band will be marching on 12/29 and then in the Rose Parade on 1/1 :)

We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim and have two day park hoppers.

We are really excited. Honestly, though, I have not planned out anything for our two days at DL and CA. Any tips or advise?

Welcome to the December Check In thread! I have added your travel info to the list. Sounds like a neat trip with your DS playing in a band at DLR and at the Rose Parade.

One tip, the days between Christmas and New Years are VERY busy. Often times Disneyland reaches maximum capacity a few days during this week. When that happens, Disney has to stop admitting guests in until the crowd numbers go down (as per Fire Marshal's orders). I would advise you go early into DL on the 29th and don't leave until you have seen your DS in his band. That way you won't miss seeing your DS's band perform.

You can find more information and advise on the Christmas Superthread. This thread will have pointers on how to manage the crowds and what DLR has to offer during this special time of year. In addition, many DIS'ers are returning from their trips and are posting their experiences and observations. Start with the first page where you find links to answer some of the questions you may have. The link to the thread is below:

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3

Ok I am back. Although I got back early this afternoon, I have been busy with catching up at home! Overall, I had a great time with my Hubby. I got three items of my wish list done. I have to admit, my wish list ain't that long, so that is easy to accomplish.

Thanks Bret and mom2rtk for the well wishes.

I hope tksbaskets is having a good time. BTW, tksbaskets, we had a Villa facing Park Side with a good view of the WoC. Hubby said they were testing the flame feature from the WoC all night last night. He said the flames were getting pretty high. I wonder if they will test or try other features tonight.

Having a blast! The crowds were very manageable yesterday and the weather beautiful. Got our first good look at BVS and Carsland and were most impressed with both. Extra magic morning today at DL.

Glad you're home safe and sound and had a good trip.

Only one DIS'er leaving for DLR tomorrow. Wishing godspeed and easy travels to lucysmom.

May your Christmas Holiday in the Disneyland Resort be filled with wondrous joy and pixie dust magic!

Having a blast! The crowds were very manageable yesterday and the weather beautiful. Got our first good look at BVS and Carsland and were most impressed with both. Extra magic morning today at DL.

Glad you're home safe and sound and had a good trip.

Happy to hear you having a blast! BVS and Cars Land are a few of my top favorites for Christmas decor. Glad you are impressed with them. :thumbsup2

We leave in the morning! Have I packed? Nope. :lmao: I'm so excited though even with the rainy forecast for Thursday. Hoping it'll keep the crowds away.

Sending pixie dust to ensure safe travel for rentayenta, dancemom1, and tipovertiff.

May your Disney Holiday vacations be full of the best this Disney Holiday season brings.

Going a bit earlier than the original plan. Can't wait!! Thanks everyone for your tips and guidance. Happy holidays to all!

pixiedust::santa:pixiedust:

Sending pixie dust to ensure safe travel for rentayenta, dancemom1, and tipovertiff.

May your Disney Holiday vacations be full of the best this Disney Holiday season brings.

Going a bit earlier than the original plan. Can't wait!! Thanks everyone for your tips and guidance. Happy holidays to all!

pixiedust::santa:pixiedust:

Safe travels and a magical holiday to you, twinky

May you find pixie dust magic in all you do during your trip!

tinkbyday, nicolispicoli, patron4806 and nickapoohiluvu will soon be off to Disneyland. Sending you godspeed and safe travels on your journeys.

May you have a glorious Disney Holiday filled with Christmas joy and laughter!

Wishing to safe travels to dreeger and momtothreeinfinity.
May you have a rocking Disney vacation with lots of happy fun memories that last a lifetime.

Wishing to safe travels to dreeger and momtothreeinfinity. May you have a rocking Disney vacation with lots of happy fun memories that last a lifetime.

Thanks so much! Sitting at our gate waiting for take off now. Just want to thank everyone on DISboards for answering my many questions. Cheers to everyone and I hope you all have a safe and very Merry Christmas with your friends and loved ones.

Wishing Nsmuppetmom, larina, Franrose, CassieScraps, barngro, blue888, and Cheshirecatty fast and safe travels to So Cal. May your Holiday vacations be filled with laughter and festive Disney memories.

Leaving tomorrow!!! Woohoo!

Can't wait!

I will be at PPH with my 3 kiddos and family! I will have my baby in a wrap carrier, so pretty easy to spot.

I'll be visiting tomorrow but I will not stay on property (Grand California) until December 29.

funatdisney said:
Wishing Nsmuppetmom, larina, Franrose, CassieScraps, barngro, blue888, and Cheshirecatty fast and safe travels to So Cal. May your Holiday vacations be filled with laughter and festive Disney memories.

Thank you! We are jumping out of our skin over here. Hit the road at 6 a.m. yay!!!

To Schubfun, darph nader, Pesky, cougarfan84, Fragilistic, tksbaskets , dizneefan13, NewbieMouse, love2go2disney2 and Ahhhhshley, Wishing you swift and safe journeys to the Happiest Place On Earth. May you find Disney magic and merriment in every activity during your stay.

Thank you!! We had an amazing trip! My two year old can't stop talking about all the characters and his favorite rides! I hope your trip was wonderful!

Four DIS'ers on their way to a Disneyland Holiday tomorrow. Wishing junmatno, vacamomma, 626Mom, and Camela safe and swift travels to So Cal.

May you find your Holiday revelry be filled with Disney joy and laughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter