• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****December 2020 Thread****

I have a package booked for Christmas week. I see that in a few days I should be able to make park reservations. I have no idea where to begin, any advice? I typically avoid EMH, I am not sure if they will be offering them (or even if this trip will happen). Thanks.
I would just book the parks you want to go to at this point. I’m going to try to book Epcot on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day because that’s where we like to be. :)

Hi everyone! Right now I'm planning to visit 12/9-12/13. I have Saratoga Springs booked for the 11th to the 13th. Hoping that value resorts open soon for my first 2 nights. I'm super excited to get back to the parks!

Hi everyone! Right now I'm planning to visit 12/9-12/13. I have Saratoga Springs booked for the 11th to the 13th. Hoping that value resorts open soon for my first 2 nights. I'm super excited to get back to the parks!
Acording to other sites CMs said only DVC resorts open the rest of the year. Kennys site is usally good for info so im inclinded ot believe it

Acording to other sites CMs said only DVC resorts open the rest of the year. Kennys site is usally good for info so im inclinded ot believe it

I'm betting that unless they are releasing the info today, cast members do not have this information. Stuff like that is kept at the very highest levels and given to the lowly CMs on a need to know basis. Even yesterday's mess of announcements with AP extensions and refunds caught the cast members by surprise.

Bummer! I don't know if I can swing rack rate DVC prices for this trip. My plan is to attempt to make park reservations on Monday for my SSR reservation and then attempt to reserve the other 2 days when it becomes available for AP holders on the 26th. I can book a hotel on or off-site later once Disney has more information available.

I'm betting that unless they are releasing the info today, cast members do not have this information. Stuff like that is kept at the very highest levels and given to the lowly CMs on a need to know basis. Even yesterday's mess of announcements with AP extensions and refunds caught the cast members by surprise.
That's how call centers work. Hence why asking them for any information should be taken with a grain of salt.

Does anyone know when park hours for December will be posted? The last info I had from TouringPlans said MK would close at 4:30 on December 1st but with no hopping and such I want to know if I should avoid MK that day? I understand it may still be conjecture at this point. Also, any idea if non-DVC hotels will be open? We have POFQ and I don’t want to be moved to the cabins or Saratoga Springs. Stay safe and healthy fellow Disney people!

Does anyone know when park hours for December will be posted? The last info I had from TouringPlans said MK would close at 4:30 on December 1st but with no hopping and such I want to know if I should avoid MK that day? I understand it may still be conjecture at this point. Also, any idea if non-DVC hotels will be open? We have POFQ and I don’t want to be moved to the cabins or Saratoga Springs. Stay safe and healthy fellow Disney people!
Even Disney isn't sure at this point. Those early close hours were indicative of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties running at night, which may not happen.

After going back and forth about it, I decided to just go in December instead of trying to move to April. It seemed less complicated and I need to end the year on a good note. Besides, it will be easier to wear a mask in December than it will in April. I am also hoping that by December they allow Park hopping. I am going to book my days and leave the Thursday unbooked for the MVMCP. If it doesn't happen, I will try to add a day to my ticket and see if I can get in a park. I just need to figure out what days to go where. I have a 5 day hopper, so my original plan was the party would be my second day at MK but with that up in the air, not sure if I should stay with my original 1 HS, 1 AK, 1 MK and 2 EP and hope I can either go to party or add a day at MK or do 2 at MK and 1 EP and hope to add the second day at EP. Decisions, decisions.....

After going back and forth about it, I decided to just go in December instead of trying to move to April. It seemed less complicated and I need to end the year on a good note. Besides, it will be easier to wear a mask in December than it will in April. I am also hoping that by December they allow Park hopping. I am going to book my days and leave the Thursday unbooked for the MVMCP. If it doesn't happen, I will try to add a day to my ticket and see if I can get in a park. I just need to figure out what days to go where. I have a 5 day hopper, so my original plan was the party would be my second day at MK but with that up in the air, not sure if I should stay with my original 1 HS, 1 AK, 1 MK and 2 EP and hope I can either go to party or add a day at MK or do 2 at MK and 1 EP and hope to add the second day at EP. Decisions, decisions.....

We cancelled our December trip today. Going to just back it up to December 2021 and hope things are back to normal. :-(

I'm seeing more open days in the DVC reservation system for December than we had before (it was booked near solid). I think a lot of folk are upset with the way Disney will restrict park entry and have decided to cancel.

Should make for peaceful hotels if it keeps up.

We cancelled our December trip today. Going to just back it up to December 2021 and hope things are back to normal. :-(
We are about to cancel ours :( This will be our first year since 2011 that we haven't gone. Going to have major Disney withdrawals but hopefully we can get a trip in next spring if everything is back to normal.

I still can't log in even now to the website, but fortunately my wife was finally able to get in around 8:50 am EST and book the parks we wanted for all 10 of our days. Still hanging on to our park hoppers, though, hoping that they might allow park hopping again by December.

Last edited:
I still can't log in even now to the website, but fortunately my wife was finally able to get in around 8:50 am PST and book the parks we wanted for all 10 of our days. Still hanging on to our park hoppers, though, hoping that they might allow park hopping again by December.
I was on since 6am - in case it opened early and was only able to book 1 day out of 14 days (10 day ticket), i am glad you had luck.

I got in at 8:40 am and was able to book Park passes for all 8 days with our 8-day PH tickets and I sure hope we will be able to park hop by that time as we usually hop to Epcot for dining and now we can't. Pixie dust please!!

I got in at 8:40 am and was able to book Park passes for all 8 days with our 8-day PH tickets and I sure hope we will be able to park hop by that time as we usually hop to Epcot for dining and now we can't. Pixie dust please!!
I'm hoping for park hopping to come back too, at least for those of us staying on site.

I was able to book my park days for Christmas week today. I am happy I got to book them but some of my arrival times are not until 11:00. I am not happy about this. I will have to see how it goes. I am a rope drop to park close kind of person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter