• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2021

This year late hours are only for deluxe guess right?
Whatever special late hours they come up with will be for deluxe resort guests, but all guests will be able to stay through the regular hours. And I believe the special late hours will only be at certain parks on certain nights, so hopefully all guests will have a chance at later evening hours.

Has anyone created a list of who is going what dates and stay where yet for this thread?

We will be going Dec 19-29

19-21 Beach Club
21-26 Saratoga
26-29 Not 100 percent sure yet, hoping POR will come back soon, if not looking for a DVC

Has anyone created a list of who is going what dates and stay where yet for this thread?

We will be going Dec 19-29

19-21 Beach Club
21-26 Saratoga
26-29 Not 100 percent sure yet, hoping POR will come back soon, if not looking for a DVC
I haven’t started a list, although I started the thread. I mostly did it because I was excited to be going, and no one else had started a thread for December yet.

Celebrating my 50th with the Mouse on his 50th, what could be better!! Dec 8 - 15th offsite (Margaritaville Cottage), since my folks will be coming (their first trip ever). Excited to see all the new Star Wars stuff, last trip was 2017.

I love the Christmas decorations in the resorts and parks. Haven't been in December since 2010.

Going Nov 30 to Dec 7 and staying at POFQ. So looking forward to Christmas decorations in the French Quarter!

BC Dec 26 to 31. We have been to disney numerous times but never been this very busy week. I am nervous about going the week between christmas and NY but its the only time we can manage with school, work, and activities. We are planning on resort hopping to see decorations, ginger bread houses, and a go with the flow attitude. Does anyone have any must do tips to help manage the crowds? Must do holiday things? We are hopping for a christmas party or after hours event. the unknown about this years activities and fast pass's is challenging.

I'm hopeful for the week before Christmas, as long as things are back to "normal". We have to have the parades, fireworks, 'Ohana, and all the other restaurants open. Oh, and no masks (not debating, just don't want to wear them on a Disney Vacation). We would likely stay at POP, or AoA depending on who goes.
My wife and I have purchased several Disney design masks to wear. We figure they will be a novel Holiday accessory and many are on sale now at deep discounts.

BC Dec 26 to 31. We have been to disney numerous times but never been this very busy week. I am nervous about going the week between christmas and NY but its the only time we can manage with school, work, and activities. We are planning on resort hopping to see decorations, ginger bread houses, and a go with the flow attitude. Does anyone have any must do tips to help manage the crowds? Must do holiday things? We are hopping for a christmas party or after hours event. the unknown about this years activities and fast pass's is challenging.
We have been the last two weeks of December for many years. There's no way around it-- the crowds are enormous. We spend 12/25 at Animal Kingdom rather than trying to get into MK where the entrance roads look like parking lots for miles before the actual entrance. Give yourself plenty of travel time--you won't be able to cut things close timewise. But most importantly for us is to go with a que sera, sera attitude knowing the visit can't be like a low or medium crowd time. Prioritize what are must do's, would like to do, can do with or without and don't care activities. We also spend an hour or more at a TS meal around 1:30ish to get out of the crowds and rest, rather than going back to our hotel. Our must do's include CP (hope there is one this year) Christmas dinner at Narcoosses or Boathouse, late dinners at Cape May, Boathouse, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, Sunday brunch at California Grill, at least one meal at Yak & Yeti. Resort hoping to view decorations is very seasonal! Just plan ahead but have a plan B and even plan C for everting.

Christmas After Hours event details from the Disney World website:
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will take place from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM on select nights, from November 8 through December 21, 2021. Tickets will go on sale next month, so continue to check for updates. Event tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM, giving you time to enjoy even more of your park favorites before the event begins. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

Event Highlights
Don’t miss this merriest of evenings, made merrier still when shared with those who brighten your holidays. Highlights include:

• Character sightings
  • Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
  • After-hours access to Magic Kingdom park and less time waiting in line for popular attractions
  • Holiday-themed attraction overlays and Cinderella Castle projections
  • Snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Holiday treats, ice cream, popcorn and bottled beverages—all included with the cost of admission
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Holiday-themed Disney PhotoPass photo opportunities (photos available for purchase)
  • Special lighting, music and more!

Christmas After Hours event details from the Disney World website:
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will take place from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM on select nights, from November 8 through December 21, 2021. Tickets will go on sale next month, so continue to check for updates. Event tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM, giving you time to enjoy even more of your park favorites before the event begins. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

Event Highlights
Don’t miss this merriest of evenings, made merrier still when shared with those who brighten your holidays. Highlights include:

• Character sightings
  • Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
  • After-hours access to Magic Kingdom park and less time waiting in line for popular attractions
  • Holiday-themed attraction overlays and Cinderella Castle projections
  • Snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Holiday treats, ice cream, popcorn and bottled beverages—all included with the cost of admission
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Holiday-themed Disney PhotoPass photo opportunities (photos available for purchase)
  • Special lighting, music and more!

This sounds so fun! I'm definitely going to try and get tickets.

I was so excited to read all of the info about the holiday happenings yesterday that I listened to Christmas music all day! My hubby was ready to commit me to the looney bin until I showed him all the announcements… then he got even more excited for our November/December trip too! It truly is “the most wonderful time of the year” to be at Disney…

We currently have a split stay (Dec 18-20) at A of A Nemo Suites and (Dec 20-30) at Fort Wilderness Campground. To wrap up our trip (and relax!) we are doing 3 nights on Sanibel Island (Dec 30- Jan 2) Would prefer to just drive into FW on Dec 18, but they are completely booked. We added days at the beginning of our trip due to expected crowds. We just adopted 4 children, and we will also be bringing our granddaughter (3). Five kiddos all experiencing Disney for the very first time, and we wanted to be sure they could experience all of the things. I keep calling to see if anyone has dropped their FW plans, but no luck so far.

My sister and I are going Dec 3-10 - going to be our first time going during the holiday season! :D

I'm going a little crazy waiting for more news on everything since I want to get those dang I's and T's dotted and crossed for ADR planning. I got park reservations, but a lot of it is based off historical data on when MVMCP/CP were since those are our big must-dos this trip. The nerd in me has a spreadsheet all made with budgets/historical event prices, ADR goals, crowd calendar data, and ride priorities, and I just want to start filling in the calendar with everything and getting a rough battle plan. What's also going to be fun is that a coworker is going down a few weeks after us, so we're both having a blast planning things and sharing how everything is going.

going december 5th to the 12th!
group of 13 of us staying at ASM in a family suite and a few standard rooms.
10 adults and 3 teens--5 in our group have never been or haven't been in 15+ years!

splitting our days in Disney and Universal since we have big harry potter buffs in our family
hoping to get the party tickets for one of our MK nights but since we don't get first stab at at fingers crossed!

can't wait to see all the decorations again and celebrate some 50th anniversary surprises
like most, just waiting for more and more to be announced so we can have our plans set!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter