December 2021

Trying to make dining reservations was a bust this morning. Website acting up and app no better. Had time slots show up for Space 220 and then when I went to confirm, there was an error. BOOOOOO......

Trying to make dining reservations was a bust this morning. Website acting up and app no better. Had time slots show up for Space 220 and then when I went to confirm, there was an error. BOOOOOO......

So sorry to read this. Hopefully there will be some cancellations you can snag later.

My date is coming. . . .. 22nd. And I am really dreading it. Kind of wish I had done our vacation in reverse. . . .WDW first, then Universal. So our ADR date would have been sooner.

So sorry to read this. Hopefully there will be some cancellations you can snag later.

My date is coming. . . .. 22nd. And I am really dreading it. Kind of wish I had done our vacation in reverse. . . .WDW first, then Universal. So our ADR date would have been sooner.

Thank you. I actually was able to get all of the rest of my ADR's later yesterday morning, but I think Space 220 is probably not going to happen. That said, I will keep trying several times a day up until the day we leave and try to snag it!

thinking about making a quick trip the beginning of December, but am very nervous about booking a flight and having it be cancelled! Anyone else have this fear? I would be super excited to see the Christmas decorations though. I haven't been at Christmas time since 2008!!! Love seeing all the decorations!

I woke up this morning to an email that I had a new flight itinerary. Uh oh. Then upon looking closer, they switched us to the non stop that costs more than double what I paid for a flight with a 2 hour connection. We no longer have to get to the airport at 5:30AM (now about 7:45/8:00) and we are getting there an hour earlier! We are now about 10 rows further back on the plane, but I’ll take it. That was a great surprise!

thinking about making a quick trip the beginning of December, but am very nervous about booking a flight and having it be cancelled! Anyone else have this fear? I would be super excited to see the Christmas decorations though. I haven't been at Christmas time since 2008!!! Love seeing all the decorations!
I'm a little nervous about airport schedule instability come December but there's nothing we can do about it, so I booked our flights and am thinking positive and just planning as if everything will go according to plan. Go for it!

I woke up this morning to an email that I had a new flight itinerary. Uh oh. Then upon looking closer, they switched us to the non stop that costs more than double what I paid for a flight with a 2 hour connection. We no longer have to get to the airport at 5:30AM (now about 7:45/8:00) and we are getting there an hour earlier! We are now about 10 rows further back on the plane, but I’ll take it. That was a great surprise!

I got a flight itinerary change email twice already.... Had a 2pm direct flight booked. They pushed us to 6:30am, so now we'd land around 9. This morning, now we're leaving at 6:10am... Normally, I'd be fine with this but this is our first trip to WDW with our toddler and that 3:30am wakeup call is going to be rough on all of us.

I got a flight itinerary change email twice already.... Had a 2pm direct flight booked. They pushed us to 6:30am, so now we'd land around 9. This morning, now we're leaving at 6:10am... Normally, I'd be fine with this but this is our first trip to WDW with our toddler and that 3:30am wakeup call is going to be rough on all of us.
Oh boy!! We had a couple small changes already but this was a big one. It’s crazy how much the airlines change times around

Oh boy!! We had a couple small changes already but this was a big one. It’s crazy how much the airlines change times around
It's honestly incredibly frustrating. My husband has to find someone to cover his shift at work now because of this.

I'm curious (and a little nervous) about hearing tweaks to flight schedules. Which airlines are making these changes?

TIA!

I'm curious (and a little nervous) about hearing tweaks to flight schedules. Which airlines are making these changes?

TIA!
I've had changes to both flights, the big shift was on Spirit. The way home we are flying Southwest, and had a small time change there too. I guess this is what happens when I don't want to pay $1k+ for the 3 of us to fly to MCO...

Wow what airline?

Today was my ADR date. I got everything I needed, and at the times I wanted - except Ohana for breakfast on our check out date. :( For now, I booked Boma (since we are staying at AKL), but will keep checking for Ohana. It was always a family tradition to eat there after we check out, so want to at least try to replicate that - if possible.

I did get CRT for breakfast on the 24th, which was one I was nervous about. It and HDDR were my daughters hopes for Christmas eve. Course, HDDR isn't open - so snagged Narcoosees for dinner, with the thought if HDDR should reopen, I'll change. . .or if 1900 PF should open.

Anyhow - 58 days for Universal & 60 days to WDW. :jumping1:

Today was my ADR date. I got everything I needed, and at the times I wanted - except Ohana for breakfast on our check out date. :( For now, I booked Boma (since we are staying at AKL), but will keep checking for Ohana. It was always a family tradition to eat there after we check out, so want to at least try to replicate that - if possible.

I did get CRT for breakfast on the 24th, which was one I was nervous about. It and HDDR were my daughters hopes for Christmas eve. Course, HDDR isn't open - so snagged Narcoosees for dinner, with the thought if HDDR should reopen, I'll change. . .or if 1900 PF should open.

That’s great! Happy for you that it all worked out :)

I have had really good luck getting hard ADRs the day before when people cancel so hopefully Ohana opens up for you! There are also some good ADR finder apps to alert you when they pop up!

Today was my ADR date too and I was also pleasantly surprised. We go 12/21-12/26 so I started with our later dates and got Chef Mickey's breakfast and Topolino's dinner Christmas day, Boma Christmas Eve and Steakhouse 71 on the 23rd. I left some gaps in our schedule for World Showcase and the husband LOVES The Polite Pig (I do too!). I wonder if they are increasing dining capacity Christmas week- I thought I had read that it currently wasn't at full capacity.

I have had really good luck getting hard ADRs the day before when people cancel so hopefully Ohana opens up for you! There are also some good ADR finder apps to alert you when they pop up!

Today was my ADR date too and I was also pleasantly surprised. We go 12/21-12/26 so I started with our later dates and got Chef Mickey's breakfast and Topolino's dinner Christmas day, Boma Christmas Eve and Steakhouse 71 on the 23rd. I left some gaps in our schedule for World Showcase and the husband LOVES The Polite Pig (I do too!). I wonder if they are increasing dining capacity Christmas week- I thought I had read that it currently wasn't at full capacity.

Good for you!!

Thank you. We left Christmas day open, so we could just snack around Epcot. But were able to get horseback riding that morning. I had to call for that, and originally the estimated wait time was 2 hours. . .thankfully they picked up in about 15 minutes, so was painless.

I did sign up for an ADR finder for Ohana, and plan to check daily - just in case. I'm looking for 12/27th - so had hoped it would be available, but wasn't. I got everything else, so can't complain.

We are at Universal from 12/19th - 12/21st
Then check in at WDW from 12/21st - 12/27th

I got Ohana this morning!!!

Nothing came up again, I have been trying off and on through the last 24 hours. Then I tried a common suggestion I have seen on this board, and put in four people instead of three - and then several time slots available. So it worked!!

Now if HDDR and/or 1900 PF would open, we would be golden!

Good luck to anyone who’s 60 days is this weekend!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter