• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December Grand Gathering

I will definately bring the jello, a double batch for the new year!!! we are up for early parties, but we will definately have a new year party. We will have the big screen up so we can watch Dick and The big apple fall. All are welcome.:dance3:

I dont know how in the world Dick is still doing anything like that....aint he like 215 years old? He gotta be in his 80s?

We'd be up for some caroling on Christmas Eve..our plan is to stick around the Fort that day. My youngest is 7 and will still want to put up stockings (somewhere) and will be waiting for Santa to come. We are going to try to keep some of our traditions....this is our first Christmas away from home !! I don't know how many people will be around at their site...but we could give it a try :santa:

We're in the same situation--it's our 1st Christmas ever away from home with the 4 kids (ages 3-14!). I'm looking to try to keep some of our traditions up, too. (And DH and I are music teachers--that's where the idea to carol came up!) Let me know if you have any ideas!

We're in the same situation--it's our 1st Christmas ever away from home with the 4 kids (ages 3-14!). I'm looking to try to keep some of our traditions up, too. (And DH and I are music teachers--that's where the idea to carol came up!) Let me know if you have any ideas!

We usually go to my mom's and do Christmas carols on Christmas Eve. My 14 yr old dd plays the saxophone and piano. We've printed up a bunch of carols and we take our keyboard over and she plays the music while we sing along.

We might be able to find somewhere to stick our keyboard (my DH will shoot me when he hears that, lol). We could set up at our site and people could come over and we could have some hot chocolate and cookies and sing some carols. I KNOW that sounds way too tame for this board...but it would be fun for the kids in the group. ;)

Or we could skip the keyboard and just walk around a couple of loops knocking on doors and singing to people.

Count us in! (We even have a drummer and an electric bass player to add to your band!) Just kidding--we only let our drummer bring his sticks (although he wants electric drums this Christmas!) and our bassist wants an acoustic so she can practice all 27 hours down to the Fort! it sounds like we could come up with something that the kids could have fun with!:goodvibes

Count us in! (We even have a drummer and an electric bass player to add to your band!) Just kidding--we only let our drummer bring his sticks (although he wants electric drums this Christmas!) and our bassist wants an acoustic so she can practice all 27 hours down to the Fort! it sounds like we could come up with something that the kids could have fun with!:goodvibes

I talked to my kids about it tonight and they thought it would be fun. They suggested meeting at our site and having hot chocolate & cookies and then practicing with the keyboard and then after a run through going around door to door. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 7:00 that night. Are you going to be around the fort that whole day ?? I could call and try to make our ressies for a little later and then we could meet up from 5-7 or so. My kids were excited to know that there would be other kids around their ages there...especially ones that are into music.

Of course anyone else would be welcome to join us !!

I talked to my kids about it tonight and they thought it would be fun. They suggested meeting at our site and having hot chocolate & cookies and then practicing with the keyboard and then after a run through going around door to door. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 7:00 that night. Are you going to be around the fort that whole day ?? I could call and try to make our ressies for a little later and then we could meet up from 5-7 or so. My kids were excited to know that there would be other kids around their ages there...especially ones that are into music.

Of course anyone else would be welcome to join us !!

We have Candlelight Processional ressies earlier- -I think dinner is around 4:15 so that would probably be for the show around 6. (That would bring us back to the Fort when you are eating! lol) I'm sure we can work something out--even if they practice earlier and maybe sing when you guys get back!
(What time does "quiet hour" start?:rotfl: ) We don't have any other particular plans for that day, so we can be around the Fort.:goodvibes
My DD is 14 (starting HS in Sept), DS is 11, DS is 6, and DS is 3. They were extremely excited that there were going to be other kids there that were into music and celebrating!) I hope we can work something out.:santa:

We have Candlelight Processional ressies earlier- -I think dinner is around 4:15 so that would probably be for the show around 6. (That would bring us back to the Fort when you are eating! lol) I'm sure we can work something out--even if they practice earlier and maybe sing when you guys get back!
(What time does "quiet hour" start?:rotfl: ) We don't have any other particular plans for that day, so we can be around the Fort.:goodvibes
My DD is 14 (starting HS in Sept), DS is 11, DS is 6, and DS is 3. They were extremely excited that there were going to be other kids there that were into music and celebrating!) I hope we can work something out.:santa:

Maybe I can make my ressies for earlier and we can meet up between 7 and 7:30 ??

Maybe I can make my ressies for earlier and we can meet up between 7 and 7:30 ??

I'd hate to have you change your plans! I can try to see if there is anything else available for CP. We'll make it work somehow! Thanks for helping me get the kids even more excited about being at the Fort for Christmas! (Maybe we'll get the older ones connected before we go about music they're comfortable with, etc,) And anyone else who wants to join, please let us know! Thanks!

I'd hate to have you change your plans! I can try to see if there is anything else available for CP. We'll make it work somehow! Thanks for helping me get the kids even more excited about being at the Fort for Christmas! (Maybe we'll get the older ones connected before we go about music they're comfortable with, etc,) And anyone else who wants to join, please let us know! Thanks!

Let me know soon if you can do the CP another time. If not....we will change our ressies, no big deal. I will need to do it asap though since ADR's book up so fast...especially that time of year !! Once we get the details worked out we can post a Christmas Caroling post as it gets closer and see if anyone else wants to come. I think it would be a great way to spend Christmas Eve :thumbsup2

My DD's are already asking if your older kids would be interested in going to the campfire/movie with them sometime, lol ;) We'll have to compare our plans later on and see what days you will be around the Fort so they can hang out :)

We requested loop 1800 since it is a pet loop and more tucked back out of the way. Did you make a loop request ??

We would definately be in for some caroling!!!!!! I've kept that day pretty much a Fort day and that would be wonderful!

I PM'd you.:goodvibes

Count us in for hot chocolate, cookies and caroling! It sounds fun! My kids are 15, 12 and 10. This is our 3rd Christmas at Disney and the kids love it. We have been able to do everything that we do at home. I just do a lot of pre-planning.

My downfall is that I love to bake! Sounds like we'll need lots of cookies for all of the carolers!

Count us in for hot chocolate, cookies and caroling! It sounds fun! My kids are 15, 12 and 10. This is our 3rd Christmas at Disney and the kids love it. We have been able to do everything that we do at home. I just do a lot of pre-planning.

Yeah...more older kids :cool1: My girls will be thrilled. Most places we camp have lots of younger kids but they have a hard time finding kids THEIR ages. Will you be around Christmas Eve ?? We are working on the exact time...but it will be sometime in the late afternoon/evening.

My downfall is that I love to bake! Sounds like we'll need lots of cookies for all of the carolers!

Awesome,I nominate you to bring the cookies :thumbsup2 !!

Yes, Shannone we will be at the fort on Christmas eve. I think instead of Christmas Eve Mass we will go on Christmas day.

My kids are looking forward to it. We cannot wait to meet even more Dissers!

Awesome,I nominate you to bring the cookies :thumbsup2 !!

No Problem!:thumbsup2 Let me know any favorites--I really love to bake, and since my Holiday Show is earlier than usual, I'll have lots of time!

We will be there from Dec.12 to Jan.2 schedule permitting. We would be up for carol singing on the 24th. We have a morning ressies at 1900 Park Fare and are then planning on going to TL , a tradition we started last year. This will be our 4th Christmas at WDW. Our children are 14, 12. and 10 and would love to meet other DISers and their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter