December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

On a mobile device? Regular computer gives me the 5-day option but mobile device doesn't
Maybe it is my tablet, but all of the sudden it keeps reverting to the day calendar when I select the 5-day or monthly calendar options, which are listed. It didn't do that yesterday.

Mainly because it's the new ride at MK that most kids can enjoy (it's like a step or so above Barnstormer in terms of thrills) and plays off the nostalgia.

I agree. I think the low 38” height requirement is a big reason — for many kids this is their first “thrill” ride. Many families can enjoy this “big” ride together —some kids as young as 2.5 or so can hit that height requirement.

The Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs theming makes it feel like a classic attraction that’s been around forever. It doesn’t feel new to me, even though I’ve been going to WDW since I was a kid. I love it. It seems like a ride that could have been at MK from the beginning.

My daughter’s first ride on it at 3 was really special. She absolutely loves it. My son should be tall enough on our next visit and I can’t wait to ride it with him too.

YES! This is one I was waiting for, thank you so much for posting! 7DMT FP are up for that extra hour already too! This was definitely a new update today, yesterday it still said 9am on Dec 15.
Yes I grabbed an 8.35-9.35 SDMT FP so we will ride at the tail end of the window, giving us an hour or so at opening to ride Frontierland rides first

So I'm guessing if they show 8am as a "possible" time that means FP's were loaded? I suspect I missed the window to snag an earlier FP time with that EPCOT change.

[edit]Nvm. I checked and they were indeed loaded. The one I wanted just came and went I guess :rotfl2: . Oh well, just means more relaxed time for what I wanted to do originally before my first FP.

So I'm guessing if they show 8am as a "possible" time that means FP's were loaded? I suspect I missed the window to snag an earlier FP time with that EPCOT change.

[edit]Nvm. I checked and they were indeed loaded. The one I wanted just came and went I guess :rotfl2: . Oh well, just means more relaxed time for what I wanted to do originally before my first FP.
Ii have been trying to my my SDD up that day and haven’t been able to yet. Not sure if it’s because those early FPs went so fast or if it’s because they haven’t loaded yet.

Can I just ask why SDMT is so damn popular. It looks fun but seriously...it's not something that looks THAT unmissable.
It is my 8 year old's favorite ride! It's a good roller coaster for him. He does like BTMRR but not quite as much and the rest are just a tad too much for him. Also, it is one I can bribe my 5 year old on so we can all ride together. It isn't my favorite but I do appreciate that it is one of the few thrill rides we can all ride as a family.

Ii have been trying to my my SDD up that day and haven’t been able to yet. Not sure if it’s because those early FPs went so fast or if it’s because they haven’t loaded yet.

Check the other attractions and see if there are others available for between 8 & 9. If you see other rides for those times, you have your answer. Though it's entirely possible you those got snagged too so it's not a perfect solution

It is my 8 year old's favorite ride! It's a good roller coaster for him. He does like BTMRR but not quite as much and the rest are just a tad too much for him. Also, it is one I can bribe my 5 year old on so we can all ride together. It isn't my favorite but I do appreciate that it is one of the few thrill rides we can all ride as a family.
I appreciate your response - I sometimes forget that parents want to get their kids on their favourite rides. We're just 2 50 something kids lol

Check the other attractions and see if there are others available for between 8 & 9. If you see other rides for those times, you have your answer. Though it's entirely possible you those got snagged too so it's not a perfect solution
I haven’t seen any other 8am times at all. Though I am alternating between 2 days right now trying to modify both dates that were changed so I may have missed them both.

We're just 2 50 something kids lol
That is certainly okay! My hubs and I are two mid 40's kids while we are there too! My husband isn't a huge thrill rider either and 7D and BTMRR are the extent of his roller coaster faves (he won't even do Space) so it really works for us. But we recently went on an adults only trip with two other adults and they really weren't into the Disney coasters. To each his own for sure!

I appreciate your response - I sometimes forget that parents want to get their kids on their favourite rides. We're just 2 50 something kids lol
That is certainly okay! My hubs and I are two mid 40's kids while we are there too! My husband isn't a huge thrill rider either and 7D and BTMRR are the extent of his roller coaster faves (he won't even do Space) so it really works for us. But we recently went on an adults only trip with two other adults and they really weren't into the Disney coasters. To each his own for sure!

It's me (I'm 35) and my dad. We spent a good chunk of our last vacation meeting characters. Now we're big kids with going to play in the new sandbox (aka GE)

I haven’t seen any other 8am times at all. Though I am alternating between 2 days right now trying to modify both dates that were changed so I may have missed them both.

Good news for me is I could change my Spaceship Earth to an 8am Figment or Pixar Short Film Festival...🤣

I don't think I will though

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter