December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

DHS on 12/5 just updated- 8 to 10
As of right now, my flight leaves at 8:39am on Dec 5. I...I just....I HAVE to get home for work. I cannot use another day of PTO. That's why I'm flying home the morning of the 5th but holy mickey mouse do I want to be there for the opening of ROTR. I see that they're changing the hours but come onnnnnnnnn this is the only day I need EEMH! I have a CP ressie for NPH on Dec 2 which is why I'm going this week (Nov 29-Dec 5) but I'm slightly concerned about crowds (something I've never worried about before in the first 2 weeks of December). Maybe it's a coincidence but the JBJB dessert party is completely sold out for that week and I'm like, why can I get Saturday dessert party reservations closer to Christmas but not one the Tuesday I'm there?

Anyway, rant over. Back to telling myself I canNOT "miss my flight" home on Thursday....

FYI, I am finally seeing the earlier FP times for DHS on December 5. Still trying to get my Mine Train on Dec 1 but not as hopeful now- I must have missed when that days park hours changed and then missed that FP release.

FYI, I am finally seeing the earlier FP times for DHS on December 5. Still trying to get my Mine Train on Dec 1 but not as hopeful now- I must have missed when that days park hours changed and then missed that FP release.

I was delighted to finally get a FP for SDD, and at night, which is even better as far as I'm concerned, it's so much cooler in the dark!

Has anyone seen FoP or Navi fastpasses for the 5th for 8-9AM yet? I can see Safari has them. Unless I missed the Tier 1 releases?

May I just say...
This thread is one of the most informative I’ve ever utilised.

thanks to everyone who posts with updates.
Off to try to gather fp+s.
Agreed! Maybe not as dramatic as some of the other FP white whales, but we were able to move our 6 person Frozen FP at Epcot from noon to 8 am on Dec. 5 thanks to the notifications on this board!

With extended hours at all parks except for MK, which is closing early for a party, I have a feeling MK will be dead that day. We may even bail on Frozen anyway to enjoy MK. We're gonna try DHS that evening.

Agreed! Maybe not as dramatic as some of the other FP white whales, but we were able to move our 6 person Frozen FP at Epcot from noon to 8 am on Dec. 5 thanks to the notifications on this board!

With extended hours at all parks except for MK, which is closing early for a party, I have a feeling MK will be dead that day. We may even bail on Frozen anyway to enjoy MK. We're gonna try DHS that evening.

My original itinerary was to go to MK on 12/5. I think it's going to be the best day to visit all week. Alas, I foolishly decided that I needed to be at HS instead. I've never been to anything opening day.

Totally agree! Last Friday myself and a few other fellow thread stalkers managed to get FoP and 7DMT for large groups when they extended opening hours over Xmas /NewYear’s. I am with all of you still hoping for extended opening times and FPs at HS in December!

I set updates to this thread to come as VIP alerts on my phone so I don’t miss anything! 😂 Thanks, fellow stalkers.

I just changed my EPCOT Tier 1 for December 5th to 8:35. Still plenty to go around. I'm not sure why the sudden availability for those times & tiers when the Tier 2 had them (and no luck whatsoever getting a FP starting between those times after the hours change)

I just changed my EPCOT Tier 1 for December 5th to 8:35. Still plenty to go around. I'm not sure why the sudden availability for those times & tiers when the Tier 2 had them (and no luck whatsoever getting a FP starting between those times after the hours change)

I guess they release different rides on different dates? Still haven’t seen any Tier 1 drops for AK either even though other tier 2s are readily available for the 8AM hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter