December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

Does anyone remember what fireworks they had for December last year. I know they are showing the Happily Ever After fireworks on the schedule but they usually add another firework show. Trying to remember the name. So hard to plan not knowing. It’s an older fireworks show they bring back for Dec.

Are a lot of us anticipating possibly swapping out park days with other parks with possible hrs extensions? I know my wife would be ticked at me if I decided to do that, since our FPs are picked out. Our 11/28-12/7 hours are pretty standard so not sure what might be extended except AK later than 8pm and HS and or MK open earlier than 9am. Not sure what I might do in any of those scenarios.
Def not swapping park dates, but I have place holders for switching FPs to either the morning slot or the evening extended slot.

Does anyone remember what fireworks they had for December last year. I know they are showing the Happily Ever After fireworks on the schedule but they usually add another firework show. Trying to remember the name. So hard to plan not knowing. It’s an older fireworks show they bring back for Dec.

The MVMCP holiday fireworks (which is a new show this year called Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks) will run on MVMCP nights then on regular nights 12/23-12/29. Then Fantasy in the Sky on 12/30 & 12/31 (with two shows each night). HEA will run on all other non-party dates in December.

I guess i should ask... If anyone knows historical data. what kind of hours would they be likely to add if the park already has evening EMH?

I'm watching for changing hours for Thanksgiving week- specifically 11/23-11/28. I looked at historical data, and both Sunday and Tuesday in 2018 included Early Morning Magic ($) events which are not available yet (and I doubt will be offered). So this leads me to believe they *might* add early MK hours that week....which will really mess up my PPO at BOG.
I guess all we can do is wait!!!

I guess i should ask... If anyone knows historical data. what kind of hours would they be likely to add if the park already has evening EMH?

Only MK and EP have evening EMHs (at least in recent times). Epcot hours won’t change, but MK can. In 2018, just for reference, there were four nights with PM EMHs in November... here’s what the final hours were:

11/10: 11pm park closing, 11-1 EMH
11/14: 10pm park closing, 10-12 EMH
11/21: 11pm park closing, 11-1 EMH
11/28: 10pm park closing, 10-12 EMH

Hope that helps!

Only MK and EP have evening EMHs (at least in recent times). Epcot hours won’t change, but MK can. In 2018, just for reference, there were four nights with PM EMHs in November... here’s what the final hours were:

11/10: 11pm park closing, 11-1 EMH
11/14: 10pm park closing, 10-12 EMH
11/21: 11pm park closing, 11-1 EMH
11/28: 10pm park closing, 10-12 EMH

Hope that helps!
I'm finding it strange (maybe) that the current Saturday of my week - 11/9 - doesn't have evening EMH at MK. Is this a shift? It's Veteran's Day Weekend (again - same as 2018)....so there has to be extended later hours...right? (wishing really hard)!

I'm finding it strange (maybe) that the current Saturday of my week - 11/9 - doesn't have evening EMH at MK. Is this a shift? It's Veteran's Day Weekend (again - same as 2018)....so there has to be extended later hours...right? (wishing really hard)!

MK PM EMHs are ‘usually’ on Wednesdays. I need to relook at the calendar but I think the Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend probably jumbled up some of the EMHs last year given the way the calendar fell, so that ‘may’ have been why that Saturday EMH happened last year.

Disney Hollywood Studios hours are listed on Friday, Dec. 20 from 9am-9pm with Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam (nighttime holiday fireworks show?) at 10pm. It does not look like the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam is an extra event that you pay for....Anyone have any ideas why the time difference? Allowing for crowds to get a spot and wait an hour for the show? Will Disney extend the DHS hours at a later date?

Silly question...where do you all look quickly for park hours? There used to be a great page with everything all in one spot.

Touring plans has all the park hours laid out on a day by day with parades, fireworks and early/late hours all listed. I find it convenient and easy to use.

The MVMCP holiday fireworks (which is a new show this year called Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks) will run on MVMCP nights then on regular nights 12/23-12/29. Then Fantasy in the Sky on 12/30 & 12/31 (with two shows each night). HEA will run on all other non-party dates in December.
Thank you. I wish they would get them on the fireworks schedule. Trying to plan a California Grill night during fireworks show.

Really just hoping for DHS to open earlier on 11/5. Didn't get a fastpass 60 days out for SDD so was hoping maybe one would open if the park opened earlier. also I know there extra magic hours on 11/6 for MK so was hoping that got extended as well. Any hope of either of these options happening lol?
HS opening earlier on 11/5 is my biggest wish for hours change for our trip, too!

Are a lot of us anticipating possibly swapping out park days with other parks with possible hrs extensions? I know my wife would be ticked at me if I decided to do that, since our FPs are picked out. Our 11/28-12/7 hours are pretty standard so not sure what might be extended except AK later than 8pm and HS and or MK open earlier than 9am. Not sure what I might do in any of those scenarios.

Probably not going to change our park days, but it depends how hours change. If there was a big enough change (like opening or closing 2 hours earlier/ later than currently scheduled) we'd seriously consider adding hoppers to take advantage of it. We could probably make that work without rebooking our few hard to get FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter