**DECEMBER Roll Call for Dissers Staying at PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER**

What a fun thread! My friend and I will be there December 2-8. I am so excited, this is our first time on property and our first time at Christmas!

Could you change my dates to Dec. 17th-26th? I just had my TA add a night!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I need to also change my dates. We've added a night Dec 18-26. :banana:

CarolinaBlue it looks like great minds think a like. :rolleyes1 :bounce:

DD and I will be there Dec 1 to Dec 6---Can't Wait!! :cool1:

Our first time to stay at POFQ while in DW-add us to the list! :Pinkbounc

LoriDee said:
I need to also change my dates. We've added a night Dec 18-26. :banana:

CarolinaBlue it looks like great minds think a like. :rolleyes1 :bounce:

Yeah, I started to stay at a value or maybe a deluxe the first night, but it made more sense to add a day at POFQ so I didn't have to pay another deposit and I wouldn't have to check-in/check-out and check-in again.

We'll be there also from December 2-11th!!! It's me, DH, DS3, DS1 and my parents!

Can't wait!!! Only 90 more days!

Amy

Yeah! :wave2: We will also be there! We are going Dec2nd through Dec 8th. It will be myself, DH, DD5 and DS3, with our friends. Glad to hear there are so many others as exc :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: ited as we are!

CarolinaBlue said:
Yeah, I started to stay at a value or maybe a deluxe the first night, but it made more sense to add a day at POFQ so I didn't have to pay another deposit and I wouldn't have to check-in/check-out and check-in again.

I'm telling you great minds think a like. :worship: :rotfl: I was looking into staying at either ASM or AKL our first night. :rotfl2: And wouldn't you know I came to the same conclusion. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

b/c this thread is so happy...and really, I am very happy about my trip too. :cool1:

But given Katrina's havock in New Orleans.... It will seem strange to me, especially since I've been to the French Quarter before...to now be staying at POFQ...when the real FQ is in such ruins. Today's paper is giving more credence to the fact the city may indeed NOT be rebuilt. I don't know...I was really looking forward to staying at POFQ...and now...well, I just don't know. Walking the streets of POFQ...and knowing the same streets in New Orleans suffered so much. A bit of the magic has gone for me. Anyone else feel this way at all???

We were booked at WLC but thought twice about the money and now we are staying at POFQ and excited about it, thanks to my fellow dis addicts. Never have stayed moderate before. I still need to change my countdown. 12/2 - 12/10 .......just counting down the days! :Pinkbounc

ms.ojo said:
b/c this thread is so happy...and really, I am very happy about my trip too. :cool1:

But given Katrina's havock in New Orleans.... It will seem strange to me, especially since I've been to the French Quarter before...to now be staying at POFQ...when the real FQ is in such ruins. Today's paper is giving more credence to the fact the city may indeed NOT be rebuilt. I don't know...I was really looking forward to staying at POFQ...and now...well, I just don't know. Walking the streets of POFQ...and knowing the same streets in New Orleans suffered so much. A bit of the magic has gone for me. Anyone else feel this way at all???

I had thought of this too. We almost always stay at FQ on our WDW trips and I have been to New Orleans. It seems so unbelievable to me that the "real" French Quarter could be gone and that the only French Quarter you could go to would be in WDW. I'm sure I will feel some sadness there. .......Still looking forward to the trip and I definitely wouldn't want to spend my birthday anywhere else. It is such a peaceful place for me.

~~Lynn ºoº~~

I honestly have thought about this...and it is really sad that New Orleans is pretty much in ruins. :guilty:
I think that POFQ is a nice way of remembering how New Orleans once was, in a Disney way. I cancelled our split stay at AKL and am staying the whole time at POFQ.

I to am looking forward to this trip!!! Our first time w/ all the Christmas decorations. And first time at POFQ. In a way it is nice that POFQ exists...as you say, it could be a living tribute, to the way New Orleans once stood. :) But still, it is also a bit sad.

Well, thank you for sharing so I know I wasn't the only one. :love:

I'm excited about staying at POFQ. But, I have seen some of the pictures from the French Quarter in New Orleans and it didn't receive as much damage as the rest of the city. It did get a few feet of water but the buildings withheld a lot of the wind damage that the new buildings couldn't. I think the city will be rebuilt but, it just won't look they way it did before Katrina and it will take a long long time.

I hope and pray for the citizens of New Orleans everyday. With the human spirit the citizens of New Orleans will rebuild no matter how long it takes.

I thought about this same subject also. I'm with you who feels that the POFQ is a nice reminder to us. Even though I have never been to either one,( the real FQ or POFQ), I'm looking forward to seeing what POFQ looks like. I can't help but feel that when I get there and walk around and look at the buildings, I will be constantly reminded even MORE to put everyone and everything in my prayers. I hope by Christmas the families will have some kind of answers. It makes one realize how thankful we need to be for every little thing! :flower:

Hello everyone, I'm new here, but of course I have been reading since last year. This is our 2nd trip to the French Quarter,last trip( Dec 17-22,2004).
I am taking Mother,Sister,and youngest daughter Nov 30-Dec4 2005. Dad is going to do a cool father/daughter trip with our 13yr old, while we are gone. All family is from Lousiana, including my Father who passed away on Thanksgiving 03, so that is why we choose to stay there. Actually, that is why we even go to Disney because it helps us recover from our loss! Really...who can be sad when you are visiting a very magical place! It helps to put us in the Holiday spirit. See ya there.... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter