Defiant toddler; trip in mid November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Disney will do whatever is the most profitable. The WHO doesn’t think 2 yr olds represent a significant “public health risk”. I guess they’re more dangerous here? 🙄

We’ll see what Disney does, won’t we? Disney has the rule 2 & up for a reason. It’s the same age rule as our pediatrician offices, our zoo and most businesses here where we live, even though our state mask mandate is 5 & up.

It’s not worth debating anyway, you clearly won’t change your view of it and neither will I.

Last edited:
We’ll see what Disney does, won’t we? Disney has the rule 2 & up for a reason. It’s the same age rule as our pediatrician offices, our zoo and most businesses here where we live, even though our state mask mandate is 5 & up.

It’s not worth debating anyway, you clearly won’t change your view of it and neither will I.
I’m of the opinion they will do whatever they think is in their best interest. Anything else is naive if you (collective) think Disney cares about public health or any of that. They will do what they think they can get away with.

I’m of the opinion they will do whatever they think is in their best interest. Anything else is naive if you (collective) think Disney cares about public health or any of that. They will do what they think they can get away with.

And I think it’s naive to think Disney will relax a mask policy anytime soon. They also have to protect their public image, regardless of what ridiculous stuff DeSantis says is ok. Disney isn’t loosening up a thing anytime soon.

But time will tell.

And I think it’s naive to think Disney will relax a mask policy anytime soon. They also have to protect their public image. They’re not loosening up a thing anytime soon.

But time will tell.
I agree they want to protect their imagine so I think it will depend on what that means for them.

And I think it’s naive to think Disney will relax a mask policy anytime soon. They also have to protect their public image, regardless of what ridiculous stuff DeSantis says is ok. Disney isn’t loosening up a thing anytime soon.

But time will tell.
Interesting, as we speak, I just got a survey & one of the questions asked is if I thought current safety precautions were “just right” “too much” or “too little”. So I think Disney is actively trying to see what the majority of guests would prefer.

Thanks everyone for your responses! We have decided to cancel our trip. It would be more stressful than magical lol. Here's to hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to getting back there. Cheers! 🍻❤️

Thanks everyone for your responses! We have decided to cancel our trip. It would be more stressful than magical lol. Here's to hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to getting back there. Cheers! 🍻❤️
Our July 2021 trip is totally up in the air. Even as adults comfortable with masks, we don’t know if we will want to be in WDW under the current conditions. I’m really hoping for an effective vaccine one day.

Be safe and healthy.

Thanks everyone for your responses! We have decided to cancel our trip. It would be more stressful than magical lol. Here's to hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to getting back there. Cheers! 🍻

We cancelled all trips until Next September. Our two and a half year old just isn’t having it. Hopefully we will be past this soon.

We cancelled all trips until Next September. Our two and a half year old just isn’t having it. Hopefully we will be past this soon.
I hope everyone who cancels for this lets Disney know why. Perhaps if enough ppl cancel for that reason, they’ll rethink this ridiculous policy.

Lol. Disney will do whatever is the most profitable. The WHO doesn’t think 2 yr olds represent a significant “public health risk”. I guess they’re more dangerous here? 🙄

Disney will do what is required of them in their union contract. What did they agree to? Wasn’t mask compliance one of them? Was it tied to what the state did or was there a specific time period for compliance? Like until a vaccine is in widespread use?

Disney will do what is required of them in their union contract. What did they agree to? Wasn’t mask compliance one of them? Was it tied to what the state did or was there a specific time period for compliance? Like until a vaccine is in widespread use?
For sure. Not sure the 2 yr old mandate was in there though as it first came out as 3 & up.

I hope everyone who cancels for this lets Disney know why. Perhaps if enough ppl cancel for that reason, they’ll rethink this ridiculous policy.
I do think putting a mask on a 2 year old isn't practical by any means. He's touches his face way more with a mask on. But, not every young toddler is that way. Until the CDC raises the age of mask wearing, I don't see Disney changing that before then. Or airlines for that matter. 😬 Who knows though. I will just continue making pillow forts and make shift slides out of our mattresses for fun! Looking forward to getting him on Dumbo someday though! 💔😔🤞 That's way better than mattress slides.

In my opinion, I'm not sure what age is acceptable. Since every child is different. My 2 year old doesn't understand germs but understands "boo-boo's" so unfortunately I have to use a scare tactic. Boo-boo's and Disney isn't something I want to mix. I want it to be 100% enjoyable. So now isn't the time. I'm wondering why the WHO states 5 and up and CDC is 2 and up. That's a very big difference in age. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding who decided 2 years old and up is suitable. If my son was 23 months and 29 days, he shouldn't wear a mask. Give it another 24 hours, and he should wear a mask. It seems odd to me but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere.
What age requirement to wear a mask do you think is not ridiculous?

In my opinion, I'm not sure what age is acceptable. Since every child is different. My 2 year old doesn't understand germs but understands "boo-boo's" so unfortunately I have to use a scare tactic. Boo-boo's and Disney isn't something I want to mix. I want it to be 100% enjoyable. So now isn't the time. I'm wondering why the WHO states 5 and up and CDC is 2 and up. That's a very big difference in age. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding who decided 2 years old and up is suitable. If my son was 23 months and 29 days, he shouldn't wear a mask. Give it another 24 hours, and he should wear a mask. It seems odd to me but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere.
This exactly. Yes & so world-wide, the WHO recommends 5 & up, but 2-5 yr olds are more dangerous in the US 🙄. My biggest thing is before 2.5 especially a 2 year old is pretty much still a baby.

I agree. 2 is so young. Once those chubby baby thighs go away, maybe, just maybe they are no longer babies. 💔😔😂

Here in NC it is 5 and up. Legoland is 8 and up. I think I read Disneyland Paris is 11 and up. From the World Health Organization website: "Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance." I agree with the WHO. I see how often my 4 year old touches his mask when he has to wear one. Some 2 year olds can't even dress themselves, so I think somewhere between age 2 and 4 would be able to take masks on and off by themselves. The WHO goes on to give 6 considerations for when 6-11 year olds should wear masks. Based on that, personal opinion, and the age at which kids start school (and perhaps long-term mask-wearing), I would say sometime between age 5 and 7 would be a reasonable age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter