DELTA AIRLINES complaint-Help!

Yes-Iknow all of what you are all saying is true, but after speaking to 2 friends of mine-one a Flight Attendant for United and one a ticket agent at the gate for Delta I was told that the way this was handled by both the flight attendant and the gate agent was not the way it should have been handled. For me it was just a frustrated mom, traveling w/ 2 boys getting the run around form one person to another. After awhile, it wears on you.
Thanks for all of the advice.

After 60,000 miles per year let's clear the air . . .

Regarding Screening:
1) Being picked by the computer does not change check-in rules.
2) The passenger still checks-in and gets seat assignment.
3) They are simply pulled aside at the gate.
4) If under age or need assistance, the companion waits nearby.
5) Typically the waiting area is outside the screening area.
6) Since someone screwed-up, the seat was re-assigned.
7) Many screenings are assigned by computer.
8) Airline agents can & do also single-out people for screening.

Regarding Seating during Bumping due to Cancelled Flights:
1) Uusally the orginal seats on the non-cancelled flight remain.
2) Seats for all others placed on the flight are up for grabs.
3) Frequent Fliers can have priority seating for open seats.
4) Even if others might have been re-assigned, FF's can get seats.
5) The ability to get seats is a perk of flying a lot and loyaly.
6) Usually one must be gold or platinum status for this right.

When we flew from PVD to MCO in May on Delta my 2 1/2 DD was searched. She had to stand up and put her arms out and they traced her body with the wand. DH and I were right there as they did this.

After September 11th I completely understand why they do these checks no matter what age.

Also, When we flew to California October 2001 we flew Delta and we only had an e-mail confirmation and the person that made the reservation (over the phone) put the wrong date in the system (it said we were flying out the day after) and they searched ALL of our luggage - took EVERYTHING out (in front of everyone), asked us questions, packed it all back up again. Again, this is after 9/11 so it is completely understood - we have nothing to hide.

I rather be safe and have them check everything than be sorry and in the same situation as 9/11.

Just my thought.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter