Delta reducing the ability to recline seats

Once I got caught out by an April Fool's Prank.

Got told that Virgin Atlantic were unrolling a range of glass bottom planes.

Fell for that one hook, line and sinker...

Not sure what your argument is here , I absolutely think people should be able to recline regardless on how long the flight is .. if you pay for a seat that reclines then use it if you want , just like the person behind you can .
I am just more likely to recline on a longer flight but if I was tired on a shorter flight I would recline then also . I think of people saying “ if you have a bad back or need to recline pay for a more expensive seat “ is bs frankly .

Obviously I agree with you - the point is that many don't, and I was adding my opinion on the matter.

So happy about this. On our last flight on Southwest, my mom's laptop screen was actually bent slightly backwards because the guy in front of her reclined his seat so quickly. Her screen was open and underneath the seatback tray lock leaning at about a 115 degree angle. This was during midflight, about 1.5 hours in. When he whipped his seat back, her computer screen got pressed down from the lock and then actually bent a little backwards from the force. She had to hurry and push his seat back up and get her laptop out from under the tray lock before it broke. He looked back with a what the heck face, but I don't know bud - maybe don't whip your seat back without warning?

I think it's common courtesy to check and make sure people don't have drinks, laptops, etc on their tray before swinging it back. Maybe even a quick, "Good afternoon, do you mind if I recline my seat a bit?" would go a long way.

So happy about this. On our last flight on Southwest, my mom's laptop screen was actually bent slightly backwards because the guy in front of her reclined his seat so quickly. Her screen was open and underneath the seatback tray lock leaning at about a 115 degree angle. This was during midflight, about 1.5 hours in. When he whipped his seat back, her computer screen got pressed down from the lock and then actually bent a little backwards from the force. She had to hurry and push his seat back up and get her laptop out from under the tray lock before it broke. He looked back with a what the heck face, but I don't know bud - maybe don't whip your seat back without warning?

I think it's common courtesy to check and make sure people don't have drinks, laptops, etc on their tray before swinging it back. Maybe even a quick, "Good afternoon, do you mind if I recline my seat a bit?" would go a long way.
Exactly! In a limited space that seems to always get smaller, the chances are high that reclining your seat may inconvenience the person behind you. I think that it is only decent that you check with the person behind you before reclining.

Usually I wouldn't mind sitting in the window seat... but last time I flew window, a huge person sat next to me and kinda... spilled over :crazy2:

At least with the aisle seat I have some emergency room :)

We were on a flight to Europe and it was the best flight ever. One passenger asked the guy behind him if he would mind if he reclined. It then went several rows back. I couldn't believe how nice and civil everyone was when reclining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter