Deluxe Dining Plan for 1 day....

Momager

Mouseketeer
We will have the deluxe dining plan for just 1 day - Our arrival day. We will get to the parks (Epcot) by noon and are looking to have one 2 credit TS meal, and one 1 credit TS meal (I figure we will convert our CS credits into snack credits for goodies to go home with).

We're already set on Le Cellier for 1 meal - Where else would you choose for the 2nd meal?? Right now we're between Coral Reef & Tutto Italia. We have 3 daughters, 14 13 & 4. Do you have any other suggestions??

Or do you think its a mistake to try and get in so many sit downs on our first day??

Thanks!!

I think you might be confused about the # of credits you will have - with the deluxe plan you get 3 meal credits per day and 2 snack credits. If you choose to have a meal at a signature (2 credit) dining location, that only leaves you with 1 meal credit. You would have to decide between a 1 credit TS meal OR converting a meal credit to snack credits (There are not separate CS credits on the deluxe plan).

That said, the meal portions are pretty large, plus sit-down meals take a while to get through. If you opt for 2 sit down meals, that's at least 3 hours of your afternoon used just for meals. Epcot is pretty spread out and if you are planning on visiting both the World Showcase and Futureworld, you may not want to take 3 hours out of a half day just for eating. It really depends on what else you want to get accomplished that day.

I would not do 2 TS meals on arrival day.
I would do 2 credit Le Cellier for dinner and use the remaining 1 TS Credit on a meal the next day. TS credits are good until 11:59 PM on checkout day

I would also add that you will have through the next day to use the 3 credits- they are good through midnight on the check out day. So you could have a sit down meal the following day as well if you didn't want to cram it all in to your arrival day.

ETA: the PP and I posted at the same time, but essentially said the same thing!

You can exchange 1 sit down for 1 QS - ok technically it is the manager's call but we did not have a problem doing it. It comes in handy on your way to the airport with 1 left over...

We will have the deluxe dining plan for just 1 day - Our arrival day. We will get to the parks (Epcot) by noon and are looking to have one 2 credit TS meal, and one 1 credit TS meal (I figure we will convert our CS credits into snack credits for goodies to go home with).

We're already set on Le Cellier for 1 meal - Where else would you choose for the 2nd meal?? Right now we're between Coral Reef & Tutto Italia. We have 3 daughters, 14 13 & 4. Do you have any other suggestions??

Or do you think its a mistake to try and get in so many sit downs on our first day??

Thanks!!

I, personally, would separate the meals between your check-in and check-out day. As PP's have noted, your credits expire at midnight on your check-out day so you could, for instance, do your 2 credit TS on check-in day and your 1 credit TS the next day (or vice versa). As another PP pointed out, if you use your 3 credits on TS, you won't have any CS credits (on DxDDP you get 3 credits per night that can be used at TS or CS). You can, however, of course, use the snack credits that come with the plan for go-home goodies.

Personally, for your 2-credit meal, I would consider walking out of EP through IG and eating at either Flying Fish or Yachtsmans Steakhouse as they are both far superior to Le Cellier, IMHO. I would then consider doing a fun 1 TS the next day for breakfast or lunch - perhaps a character meal?

You can exchange 1 sit down for 1 QS - ok technically it is the manager's call but we did not have a problem doing it. It comes in handy on your way to the airport with 1 left over...

She is on the deluxe plan, which is 3 credits per day for either counter service or table service. So in the case of a person on the deluxe plan, it it not "the manager's call". It is specifically stated in the plan that the credits can be used for either type of restaurant.

Enjoy! If you have additional park days or are regular visitors, I think sitdowns are fun. They are part of a Disney vacay for me. That said, I wouldn't recommend two sitdowns a day if u only have 1-2 park days and may never go back.

I would suggest sharing your credits a bit, especially if your daughters are light eaters. And pay for your 4 year old out of pocket (Disney doesn't differentiate deluxe credits between child and adult so you can use your 4 year old's credit for an adult meal).

You will get 15 credits total that you can use over two days. If your family is OK with sharing I would do:
Le Cellier - pay for 4yr old's kids meal out of pocket, and order 3 adult meals. (6 credits)
Coral Reef - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)
Restaurant #3 on checkout day - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)
Restaurant #4 on checkout day - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)

EDIT - did the math wrong. You can get 4 restaurants with sharing and paying for kid's meals. (updated to the correct math above)

Last edited:
Coral Reef - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (6 credits)

Coral Reef is a 1 credit meal, so this would only be 3 credits, not 6.

But your plan is a good one and would leave them enough credits to do another 2 credit meal on checkout day if they wanted to do so.

Coral Reef is a 1 credit meal, so this would only be 3 credits, not 6.

But your plan is a good one and would leave them enough credits to do another 2 credit meal on checkout day if they wanted to do so.

But they only have 15 credits. So, they wouldn't have enough credits to do another meal. The way she has it (once you make Coral Reef a one credit and make it 3 credits total) that would take care of their 15 credits.

LeCellier - 6 credits
Coral Reef - 3 credits
Signature on checkout - 6 credits
Total: 15 credits

I think it’s a lot of food in a very short time. When we do deluxe we eat an early breakfast, usually a character buffet, and then a dinner.

I would do as others have suggested and use 2 credits for dinner and then save the other for the next day. You can use snack credits for lunch to hold you over until LeCellier.

If you’re set on having both TS lunch and signature dinner, I would go with the suggestion to share at both and use the leftover credits the next day. App, entree and dessert at lunch and dinner for 5 people is a lot of food.

But they only have 15 credits. So, they wouldn't have enough credits to do another meal. The way she has it (once you make Coral Reef a one credit and make it 3 credits total) that would take care of their 15 credits.

LeCellier - 6 credits
Coral Reef - 3 credits
Signature on checkout - 6 credits
Total: 15 credits

Sorry, my "another signature" wasn't as clear as your list, but that's exactly what I meant. The OP that was counting credits was counting every meal as a signature, including the unknown one on check out day.

Sorry, my "another signature" wasn't as clear as your list, but that's exactly what I meant. The OP that was counting credits was counting every meal as a signature, including the unknown one on check out day.
I just wanted to make sure my math was correct. LOL. Sometimes when adding up credits they all start to blend together. I've never done the dining plan for just one night. Does it save money? I would think, for one night and one day to pay out of pocket would make the most sense.

I think you might be confused about the # of credits you will have - with the deluxe plan you get 3 meal credits per day and 2 snack credits. If you choose to have a meal at a signature (2 credit) dining location, that only leaves you with 1 meal credit. You would have to decide between a 1 credit TS meal OR converting a meal credit to snack credits (There are not separate CS credits on the deluxe plan).

That said, the meal portions are pretty large, plus sit-down meals take a while to get through. If you opt for 2 sit down meals, that's at least 3 hours of your afternoon used just for meals. Epcot is pretty spread out and if you are planning on visiting both the World Showcase and Futureworld, you may not want to take 3 hours out of a half day just for eating. It really depends on what else you want to get accomplished that day.

You are correct! I didn’t realize it’s 3 meal credits total. I thought there were 3 TS and 1 QS. Thank you for clarifying!!

I would not do 2 TS meals on arrival day.
I would do 2 credit Le Cellier for dinner and use the remaining 1 TS Credit on a meal the next day. TS credits are good until 11:59 PM on checkout day

I had no idea you had till the next day - Thanks awesome, thank you!!

This might be a wrench in that plan though??? By the next day, we will be onto our next resort, on the regular DDP, and using our next set of magic bands.
Will we be able to use that last credit still?

Would it be possible to turn the last credit into snap credits?? I realize that’s not the best use for the $$$ but I’m just curious if nothing else works.

TIA!!

I had no idea you had till the next day - Thanks awesome, thank you!!

This might be a wrench in that plan though??? By the next day, we will be onto our next resort, on the regular DDP, and using our next set of magic bands.
Will we be able to use that last credit still?

Would it be possible to turn the last credit into snap credits?? I realize that’s not the best use for the $$$ but I’m just curious if nothing else works.

TIA!!
You MUST use the last credit from your first stay BEFORE using the DDP credits from the second stay. You have until midnight to use it first. So either book a 1 TS breakfast or lunch using that last credit. You must also use your snack credits from the first stay before you can begin to use the DDP from the second stay.
Using the Magic Bands is irrelevant. All entitlements - Park tickets, Dining Plan credits etc, are IN your MDE account. Nothing is on the Magic Band itself. The Magic Band is like the debit card to your bank account. It allows you to access what is IN the account. They are interchangeable

Since you are moving on to your next resort with regular DDP, I would suggest you save your DDP credits from Resort #2 for later in the trip (Day 3 onwards). The credits go in a bucket and can be used in any order or combo you want between check in and check out day.

On Day 1 & 2, you get 15 meal credits plus 10 snack credits total.

Day 1:
Le Cellier - pay for 4yr old's kids meal out of pocket, and order 3 adult meals. (6 credits)
Coral Reef - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)

Day 2:
Restaurant #3 - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)
Restaurant #4 - pay for 4yr old's kids meal and order 3 adult meals. (3 credits)

**if 3 apps + 3 entrees + 3 desserts at each meal is enough for all 5 of you, you don't even need to buy a kids meal for your 4 year old.

Day 3: Now start using credits from 2nd resort reservation.

* Note you cannot use your credits from your 2nd reservation until ALL the credits on your first stay are used up or it is after 11:59pm on Day 2. (At which point you lose any remaining credits from Stay #1)

You MUST use the last credit from your first stay BEFORE using the DDP credits from the second stay. You have until midnight to use it first. So either book a 1 TS breakfast or lunch using that last credit. You must also use your snack credits from the first stay before you can begin to use the DDP from the second stay.
Using the Magic Bands is irrelevant. All entitlements - Park tickets, Dining Plan credits etc, are IN your MDE account. Nothing is on the Magic Band itself. The Magic Band is like the debit card to your bank account. It allows you to access what is IN the account. They are interchangeable

Thank you for explaining it to me! I think I finally get it!
I didn’t really want to book 2 TS on our arrival day, so this makes it so much better!!
Thanks again!!

Thank you for explaining it to me! I think I finally get it!
I didn’t really want to book 2 TS on our arrival day, so this makes it so much better!!
Thanks again!!
I have an honest question - not being rude or snarky. But why would you buy the DxDDP for one night if you don't even know what it entitles you to? Most folks who do that have a well thought out plan to maximize the benefits.
As an aside, we have never been able to share at most meals. We are however a party of 4 adults and we all want our own meal

I have an honest question - not being rude or snarky. But why would you buy the DxDDP for one night if you don't even know what it entitles you to? Most folks who do that have a well thought out plan to maximize the benefits.
As an aside, we have never been able to share at most meals. We are however a party of 4 adults and we all want our own meal

I thought I knew everything about it but I guess I didn’t. That’s why I asked here. I just thought it would be something extra fun for my family. My oldest daughter is a huge foodie, so I did it mostly for her.

Plus we’re still more than 6 months out, so I could always change it back if I decided to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter