• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Denied DAS Other options

I think you got lucky, I ha e seen many CMs stop people from using canes with seats on then. Walkers with seats are different, but canes with seats are generally not allowed and are (or were) listed in the officially prohibited items.

I think you got lucky, I ha e seen many CMs stop people from using canes with seats on then. Walkers with seats are different, but canes with seats are generally not allowed and are (or were) listed in the officially prohibited items.
I have also seen people ask not to use Cain set too

Yes they definitely allow the canes in with the seat as it is a mobility device. I know you are not supposed to use the seat but I guess your experience may vary on any cast members asking you not to do that. They do have to let them in as canes because it is a mobility aid. My dad will have a wheel chair and a regular cane with him in the parks. That is the easier way for us. He would run over small children in an ecv if we went that route. My mom will walk and have a wheelchair too. She would be terrified to move in an ecv. Should be an interesting trip for us with what I expect to be crazy crowds in the MK Monday

Now I feel bad for not following the rules. I think we probably didn't get told to stop since we never got in anyone's way/didn't cause a tripping hazard, but now I know for next time and hopefully there isn't a next time needing a cane.

Last week family with broken arm child accepted to DAS.
Friend who just had knee replacement surgery and using scooter denied DAS.
Not sure how that makes sense.

Can’t speak to a child with a broken arm getting a DAS, other than perhaps the child had other issues for which the DAS was issued.

The friend with knee surgery using an ECV shouldn’t be issued a DAS for the knee.

I have bilateral knee replacements and have used a scooter for years at Disney. Standby lines are all accessible so no need for DAS. In fact, people with mobility issues are routinely denied DAS and encouraged to get an assistive device instead, scooter, wheelchair, rollator, etc.

No idea about the broken arm but I suspect there is missing information.

Last edited:
COPD makes it difficult to breathe. Being in an ecv won't alleviate that. I suspect she may carry an oxygen tank which they probably can't bring into the ride.
But what does DAS do that alleviates the COPD? It's just a placeholder in the queue - she's still going to be sitting on her ECV with her oxygen, right? It doesn't make it easier for her to breathe, as she'll be out in the hot sun waiting for her return time, or she'll be stuck in some tight spot in a store for the AC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter