***Design Tips***

I'm looking for a design program. I have a Mac so Photo Impact won't work I guess (needs Windows). I'm looking into Photoshop, but the original post lists it as costing $500....the ones I'm looking at cost a lot less. Has the price come down, or am I looking at the wrong thing? Which version of Photoshop should I be looking at?

I'm looking for a design program. I have a Mac so Photo Impact won't work I guess (needs Windows). I'm looking into Photoshop, but the original post lists it as costing $500....the ones I'm looking at cost a lot less. Has the price come down, or am I looking at the wrong thing? Which version of Photoshop should I be looking at?

There is a free program call GIMP here's a link to ithttp://www.gimp.org/ I don't use it my self, but i have a friend that does and he really likes it. He says its a lot like photoshop. I use Photoshop cs4 and really like it. I got it about 3-4 months ago and have learned everything i currently know on the fly. Looking at tutorials on the web. It's fairly easy to use and they offer a 30 day free trial download for it.

Hope this helps

Can someone please help? How do you make colored tshirt with an iron on that has words that you can't really cut out...if you don't cut them then you have all white around it...if you use transfer paper for white shirts then the white in the design doesn't show up...I'm confused! Is there some kind of special paper you have to buy?
thanks for any help!!!

Can someone please help? How do you make colored tshirt with an iron on that has words that you can't really cut out...if you don't cut them then you have all white around it...if you use transfer paper for white shirts then the white in the design doesn't show up...I'm confused! Is there some kind of special paper you have to buy?
thanks for any help!!!

Hello, its me again. What design is it your having trouble with? Is it something that I can change the color of the font or use different graphics on? I assume your having the issue with some white lettering and using light transfer paper will make your words transparent?

I really love the design and don't want to change it :( It is the Kaitlyn lettering with the princesses...do I have to cut out each letter? There must be some other type of transfer paper out there that will just print whatever ink is put on the transfer and not all the background white.

I really love the design and don't want to change it :( It is the Kaitlyn lettering with the princesses...do I have to cut out each letter? There must be some other type of transfer paper out there that will just print whatever ink is put on the transfer and not all the background white.

You have a few options

1) Use a light, but colored shirt, i.e. light pink or light blue and use the light transfers. The space between your letters will be the color of the shirt. You will need to change the white in the design to "off white." It doesn't even have to be noticeable to the naked eye. Just enough to make the printer know it has to print a color -- of course the lighter the printing, the more the color of the shirt will show through.

2) Cut out each letter and place on the shirt (I personally cannot manage to keep everything in alignment to iron this on and make it look professional)

3) In Powepoint, you can add an oval or circle around your design, choose from mulitple borders, color the border any color you choose and then fill the design with a color pattern. You can choose 1 color, 2 color or a pre-set color design. Set the transparency of the fill to your liking. I usually go about 84-80% transparency. Save the slide as a photo or jpeg file. If you want to resize it from there, you can copy the jpeg file into Word to resize before printing.

The issue is that dark transfer paper is white so that the shirt color doesn't drown out your print. If it were clear, your print would most likely not show up on your dark shirt.

Photoshop Elements7 runs about $79 and is a scaled down version of Photoshop CS4.

It is a great program and will work on a MAC!!

Good Luck!
Lulu

Hi - I thought iron on would be easy.. I have my designs and tried to iron transfer one and half peeled off and half is on....what a waste...I have Wilton transfer paper and one called Photoworks???? Do I have to flip the Wilton? How long do I iron? I am panicking bc DH says I am going crazy!
nine days to go and dont think i can order amys

I see whole that tutorial.That is quite informative.I also have a look to all those links shared by you.
Wel more over I like thae whole post.I apprecialte you for sharing such amazing article and such nice collection of links.Keep sharing.Thank you so much for this piece of information..

I found a design I really liked, and got it printed off on the transfer paper. I made the shirts this weekend, and was so happy with them. I waited the 24 hours, and then washed the shirts inside-out, just like the paper's manufacturer said---but the design cracked.

Can I re-iron over this to seal it back down? What can I do in the future for this not to happen again?

Thnx

:lovestruc
I'm new to this and I am not sure if I am doing this right. My husband and I are surprising our 3 kids with a trip to Disney in April. Emily 10, Haylee 8 & Nathan 6. I have been looking at t-shirt designs on here for days and I am so amazed at how talented everyone is! Anyway, I have white shirts and red shirts and I would like 2 different designs. 1 for the trip down - something along the lines of The Scarincio's are headed to Disney.
The other shirt for a day during the week. I saw a design on here that said "What happens in Disney stays in Disney" that was really cute & I would like all of our names on the backs of the shirts? I don't know...just thinking, not very creative! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter