• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go COMPLETE! 1/2020

Oh my goodness, the pictures from H&V are the cutest!!!
Love AS2 as well, it is really fun! Glad Joe enjoyed SWGE!
Nice! I want to try out POFQ one trip.
That dinner looks fantastic!!
Hollywood and Vine turned out to be a great character meal.
I can’t Walt to ride Alien Swirling Saucers again!!!!
Give Bull and Bear a try. Best meal EVER!!!!

All caught up except for the vlog which I’m hoping to watch tomorrow. Your room sounds perfect and the La Hacienda meal looks so good. Sounds like you had a great server too :goodvibes
Sorry the new boss is such a horror- why some people feel the need to be horrible is beyond me. Good to see she found her vocation in a caring profession ( I’m assuming since you said it was medical)! I used to be a nurse many moons ago and some of the ward sisters I worked for were absolutely lovely, others not so much!:scared1:
I’m also singing ding dong the witch is gone by the way ( thanks Kari) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh my goodness I just watched the Bull and Bear meal vlog!
WOW!
What an amazing experience!
Love Gia's fancy face and polite napkin use :rotfl: She is a wee dote :lovestrucWere you not ready for a swim then after your 3 hour meal??:confused3:rotfl2:
Anywhere that serves drinks in a smokey box has my business just for the drama of that alone lol
Food looked absolutely scrumptious!
Somehow my breakfast slice of toasted potato bread just doesn't measure up lol
I know it was an expensive meal but I didn't think it was too bad for the standard of food and service. Definitely worth it for a special night :goodvibes

Your salad and entree at La Hacienda sound delicious! I don't think I've ever considered eating there before but maybe I need to add it to my radar.

Oh my goodness I just watched the Bull and Bear meal vlog!
WOW!
What an amazing experience!
It was truly amazing.

I know it was an expensive meal but I didn't think it was too bad for the standard of food and service. Definitely worth it for a special night :goodvibes
I agree 100%!!!

Your salad and entree at La Hacienda sound delicious!
It was soooo good!! I wasn't expecting it to be so fancy and delicious.

I don't think I've ever considered eating there before but maybe I need to add it to my radar.
I'm trying to get to every restaurant and this was one we hadn't been to. I'm super glad we gave it a shot. There will be a vlog coming too. You'll really be able to get a better view of everything if you choose to watch. 😬

Just a few Updates for January and March...

So, for January, I just booked Joe and me a reservation at Oga's Cantina for a pre-lunch cocktail or 2 before we head over to Brown Derby. Although I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, I felt kind of bummed that I didn't get to visit Oga's back in September. I saw availability the other day on MDE and thought to myself, that would be fun. The time fit into our HS day, so I went ahead and booked it. YAY!

Another thing I did was book Olivia's for breakfast on our last morning in March. This is one of our favorite places to eat breakfast at Disney. We haven't had a chance to get there recently but found it will fit in nicely before we head to the airport for Joe's birthday trip...Joe is a HUGE fan of their grits. I know @pepperandchips is too.:P Hey, girlfriend!!! I miss you!!!

I'm thinking about booking the Amorettes/decorating a dome cake experience in DS. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you think???? I thought this might be fun to do in March...I haven't read too much about it so if anyone has done this I'd love to hear what you thought of it...

Fast passes are also coming up mid-November for January's trip. I'm booking some of them and @ariane37 is booking some of them. Unfortunately, for me, FP day is a Saturday, which means getting up waaaaay too early for my liking...

Finally, I will be posting a new vlog tomorrow afternoon. It's Part 2 of our HS day. We spend some time in Toy Story Land, ride Alien swirling Saucers and Joe FINALLY gets to eat Key Lime pie on a stick.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and we will chat soon. 😘

Two trips coming up? Lucky you!!! I'm a definite maybe for an early June trip!

I've never eaten at Olivia's, but have always wanted to try it. We've never stayed at OKW, so that's part of the problem. Back in 2009, I was chatting with a CM, who was probably in his 70's. I asked him if he had a favorite restaurant on property. Without any hesitation, he stated it was Olivia's.

Two trips coming up? Lucky you!!! I'm a definite maybe for an early June trip!

I've never eaten at Olivia's, but have always wanted to try it. We've never stayed at OKW, so that's part of the problem. Back in 2009, I was chatting with a CM, who was probably in his 70's. I asked him if he had a favorite restaurant on property. Without any hesitation, he stated it was Olivia's.
Olivia’s really is wonderful. We’ve always had great service and the food has always been good. We’ve had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there but breakfast is definitely our favorite.

Love you Bull and Bear video, though i think Gia and her fancy face may have been my favorite ❤

Where are you staying in August?
I meant this past August, not next August. Sadly no upcoming trips for us. The dog isn't doing well and isn't going to get better so we are homebound for the foreseeable future. :sad1:

It would be even more fun if you were there.
👱‍♀️🧔👩 Sister wives FOREVER!!!!
Wish I could be ❤

The sangria was STRONG!!!!
Aka good :earboy2: :drinking1

BEA3A876-1DF9-4B61-8381-6290943B8EFE.jpeg
Beautiful picture. The sun behind you all is perfect.

Last edited:
We have 2 reservations for Oga's in March. If we aren't super impressed the first time, I imagine we will cancel the second one. From what I'm hearing about this place, that is looking more and more likely.

I haven't eaten at Olivia's since we stayed at OKW in 2006. It was our first, "real" vacation to WDW and I have some lovely memories from that resort. I'll have to go back someday for a visit and a breakfast at Olivia's may be just the way to do it :-)

Love you Bull and Bear video, though i think Gia and her fancy face may have been my favorite ❤
We actually taught her that at Narcoossee's last year. LOL!

The dog isn't doing well and isn't going to get better so we are homebound for the foreseeable future. :sad1:
Our GSP turns 15 tomorrow and sadly is on his last legs too. He has a really hard time getting up and now we are at the point that he has to get up once or twice at night to go outside.:sad: It really sucks!

Wish I could be ❤
Us too.:love2:

Beautiful picture. The sun behind you all is perfect.
Why thank you!!!

We have 2 reservations for Oga's in March. If we aren't super impressed the first time, I imagine we will cancel the second one. From what I'm hearing about this place, that is looking more and more likely.
I've heard the same thing. I just want to at least try it since I didn't get to last month...

I haven't eaten at Olivia's since we stayed at OKW in 2006. It was our first, "real" vacation to WDW and I have some lovely memories from that resort. I'll have to go back someday for a visit and a breakfast at Olivia's may be just the way to do it :-)
Seriously, they serve a really good breakfast!!!

The character interaction with Woody and Bo Peep is adorable! That was a great meeting to film!

Is the key lime pie on a stick new? Did Joe's mouth turn blue after eating that? It looks deliciously refreshing.

The character interaction with Woody and Bo Peep is adorable! That was a great meeting to film!

Is the key lime pie on a stick new? Did Joe's mouth turn blue after eating that? It looks deliciously refreshing.
Thank you. Meeting them was a lot of fun.
The key lime pie on a stick has been around for a few months. It did not turn Joe’s mouth blue. Lol!!!

We have 2 reservations for Oga's in March. If we aren't super impressed the first time, I imagine we will cancel the second one.
You will definitely cancel it. Atmosphere is cool, but it stops there. Drinks are bad and overpriced. I don't think we're likely to go back again.

Our GSP turns 15 tomorrow and sadly is on his last legs too. He has a really hard time getting up and now we are at the point that he has to get up once or twice at night to go outside.:sad: It really sucks!
Same. Jason has to help Duval get up more often then not and he's so big I can't help at all. So sad when they get old ❤

We asked our waiter if we could substitute our desserts for side salads and he said it wasn't a problem. These "side" salads were exceptional. They were microgreens loaded with avocado, mango, goat cheese and sunflower seeds. For my entree, I went with the
Enchiladas Vegetales, Vegetable-filled Corn Tortillas topped with Melted Cheese and Salsa Ranchera. This was really light and tasty, filled with all sorts of grilled squash, peppers, and onions. Joe ordered the Costillas en salsa de Chile, Braised short ribs, topped with chimichurri (parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar), served with potato puree and chile de arbol sauce. The beef melted in your mouth and there were all kinds of delicious flavors mixed in. Joe's meal was the definite winner this evening!!!
Holy smokes that sounds great! All of it! Good choice there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter