Destin Beach

coachv

Disney Veteran
My family and I are wanting to stay at Destin Beach or surrounding area for a couple of days either going or coming from WDW. How do the beaches compare say from Destin to Fort Walton Beach? Any differences? Thinking about using Priceline to get a hotel (3*), are the hotels nice at these locations? Any thing I should know, either bad or good? Any remarks or help would be greatly appreciated. Trip is for 1st week in June.

I love Destin!!! As a matter of fact I got married there last year and I'm from Indiana!!! Ft. Walton is all right, beaches are pretty much the same, but Destin has most of the good eating places and activities...especially the water park and go karts etc!!!

We started going to WDW 2 yrs ago because of Destin:cool: My dh's family goes there in July and they wanted us to come down. We thought if we are going to FL we might as well go to WDW. We always start out at WDW then we drive up to Destin and then come back down for a few more days before we head home. The sand is white and the water is clear. We have a great time sitting out on the beach. The other family members usually stay in a condo for a wk. It's expensive, so this yr we are staying at the Holiday Inn next door. It's cheaper than the condo and the kids get to eat free:D We wanted to be next to where they are staying so I didn't look into other hotel options.

I've been going to Destin for 40 years (I can't beleive its been that long). The beaches are the best. Destin changes every year we come back. There is Super Walmart now. My wife likes the nice outlet stores in Destin. Destin and the SandDestin area is a great place to vacation and relax.

Mirlow,
How is the Holiday Inn there? Is it the only one there?
Is it better on the bay side beaches or the Gulf side beaches or does it matter? It sounds like a really neat place to spend a few days relaxing either before or after WDW. Any other websites out there to find information on lodging available in Destin and other activities available? Thanks for all the information.

Hi, dd and I are gong to Destin next week. This is a last minute trip cuz we got cheap airfare from MN. We have never been there before and I have been reserarching the area for a few weeks now.

I will let you know how it goes, but from my research, the Holiday Inn is supposed to be recently renovated and directly on the beach. Also the Hampton Inn is new, Best W. Summerplace Inn, Comfort Inn.. These are not beach location.

Do a search on Destin, and you will find hundreds of condos for rent. We are staying in a condo on the grounds of the Sandestin Beach and Golf club, which is a real ritzy place if you want to stay there. Also the Hilton has a ritzy place on the grounds too. Our condo is in the Bayside Beach Club, (the poor cousin area). We'll see how it is.

We are flying into Pensacola and staying and PB for 2 nites. That is supposed to be a real nice area, too.

Herc

hercamore,

wanted to let ya know our family has stayed at sandestin several times. we have even stayed in the poor cousins hotel there.....lol.... it's a very nice place. we loved renting bikes there and riding all around the resort. i believe where you are staying was refurbished in the late 1990's. the beach, of course, is wonderful. if you have a chance, go to grayton beach state park, which is a few miles east. the sand dunes there are so cool. the beach there is also usually less crowded.

have a great trip,
debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter