Details, Details, Oh how I LOVE the Details! UPDATE 5/30

Our 5th day we have dedicated as our Princess Day!! :cool1::cool1: We will get up at 6:30 and have a small breakfast in the room. We have a 8:05 appointment for the girls at BBB in the castle! :woohoo: I may be as excited about this as the girls are! I haven’t decided if we should drive or try to take the bus this day. :confused3 Opinions welcome!! I want to be leaving our resort by 7:15. Do busses run that early? If we drive, will the monorail or ferry be running from TTC? The park opening time this day is 9 AM.

Both girls want the Princess hairstyle at BBB and we will do the mid-level package where they get the hair and their nails done. They do not know that I have new princess dresses that I bought for them on ebay. DD6 will have a new Aurora dress and DD4 will have Snow White. After much thought, I have decided they will not be wearing fancy princess shoes, but just their regular tennis shoes. I am going to bring extra outfits for them in case they don’t want to stay princesses in the June heat. My guess is that DD6 will change but DD4 will not.

I think we should be done at BBB to make 9 AM rope drop. The touring plan for that morning is:
- Dumbo for me and kids while DH and nephews ride Space Mountain and get fastpass for Buzz Lightyear
- Winnie the Pooh
- Tea Cups
Option 1) go see the fairies or Option 2) Carousel and It’s A Small World
- get fastpass for Peter Pan
- 10:15 ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table!!!!! :yay::yay:
- ride Peter Pan with fastpass
- ride Buzz with fastpass
- take pictures and leave

At this point, anyone who is hot or tired will return to POR for a break. Those still excited about being a princess will hop to Epcot. The goal of this hop is to see princesses in the World Showcase. We will use the monorail for this transfer irrespective of our morning transit decision.

At Epcot, we will
- look for Alice and Mary Poppins in England
- look for Belle, Beast, and Aurora in France
- look for Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco
- look for Snow White in Germany
- look for Mulan in China
- ADR at Akershus at 5:10 PM
- return to POR

It at any point, we get hot or tired we will head inside pavilions to shop or grab ice cream and have a seat.

Up next, Day 6 - the day of many options!

Do your children know when each movie day is coming up and what it will be, or is that a surprise?

They know when the movie days will be because they are pulling loops off our paper chain each day. We party on days that are multiples of 10. As to the theme, I discuss the possibilities with them, but the final deccision is mine.

And I love the ribbons! I wish I could get away with wearing those bows!!

Thanks - me too!

Our 5th day we have dedicated as our Princess Day!! :cool1::cool1: We will get up at 6:30 and have a small breakfast in the room. We have a 8:05 appointment for the girls at BBB in the castle! :woohoo: I may be as excited about this as the girls are! I haven’t decided if we should drive or try to take the bus this day. :confused3 Opinions welcome!! I want to be leaving our resort by 7:15. Do busses run that early? If we drive, will the monorail or ferry be running from TTC? The park opening time this day is 9 AM.

:woohoo: Woohoo! The princess day! What a great idea. I've been looking forward to reading your plans for this day.

Your staying at POR right? If you drive, the monorail will be open but I think you have to take the resort monorail not the express one. I know Disney provides some way for you to get to the MK. When we stayed at the Fort, we had to take a boat to the Contemporary and then ride the monorail. I asked several CMs before I got an answer. One actually told me that Crystal Palace doesn't take ADRs that early. :confused3 All that to say...plan on driving but if you would prefer to ride the bus, then ask the CMs when you get there. Or you can ask on the transportation board or resorts board. DISers always have the answer. :goodvibes

They start letting early ADRs in at 7:45. I would be there then so you can take your time and enjoy it.

Also, BBB only takes about 30mins so you should have plenty of time to take photos of your little princesses in an almost empty MK. :cool1:

Both girls want the Princess hairstyle at BBB and we will do the mid-level package where they get the hair and their nails done. They do not know that I have new princess dresses that I bought for them on ebay. DD6 will have a new Aurora dress and DD4 will have Snow White. After much thought, I have decided they will not be wearing fancy princess shoes, but just their regular tennis shoes. I am going to bring extra outfits for them in case they don’t want to stay princesses in the June heat. My guess is that DD6 will change but DD4 will not.

I think we should be done at BBB to make 9 AM rope drop. The touring plan for that morning is:
- Dumbo for me and kids while DH and nephews ride Space Mountain and get fastpass for Buzz Lightyear
- Winnie the Pooh
- Tea Cups
Option 1) go see the fairies or Option 2) Carousel and It’s A Small World
- get fastpass for Peter Pan
- 10:15 ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table!!!!! :yay::yay:
- ride Peter Pan with fastpass
- ride Buzz with fastpass
- take pictures and leave

:love::love:Your plan sounds perfect. Peter Pan and Wendy are in Fantasyland now and sometimes you can catch the Fairy God Mother across from It's a Small World. Also, the Carousel makes great photographs of little girls in their princess attire. :lovestruc

I had a couple of minutes to take pictures of the girls dresses. Here is DD6's Sleeping Beauty:
DSC_0716.jpg

The front of DD4's Snow White:
DSC_0717.jpg

And the back of DD4's Snow White:
DSC_0718.jpg

They are both new dresses that I bought from ebay for $25 each. Now I just have to decide if I am going to line them, have them wear clothes underneath, or just bring clothes to change into. DD6 is the most likely to change, but the shape of the neckline on that dress makes it difficult to put anything underneath that won't show.

While the girls are princesses, DS1 will be wearing
DSC_0719.jpg

hopefully along with the Mickey ears he will get on Day 3 when we get his 1st haircut.

Karen

If you drive, the monorail will be open but I think you have to take the resort monorail not the express one.

Thanks for the advice. My inclination is to drive this day. The idea would be to drive to the TTC. Take the resort monorail into MK, take the monorail back to TTC then over to Epcot, take the monorail back from Epcot to TTC, drive back to POR. I think this might be slower than bus to MK, monorail to TTC to Epcot, bus to POR. My big worry is just about making the BBB appt using the bus. I probably shouldn't worry, but as the planner, that is my job. :)

Day 6 will be a slower day! We will wake up when we want to in the morning - probably around 8 AM. Here are the girls shirts
DSC_0721.jpg

and hairbow (you can't see all the princesses in the picture, but the ribbon has Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White just like the shirt)
DSC_0723.jpg

and DS1’s shirt
DSC_0720.jpg

After breakfast, we will take the boat ride from POR to Downtown Disney. My goals for DTD are shopping at World of Disney and the Lego Store and eating at Wolfgang Puck Express, Ghiradelli, and Goofy’s Candy Company. :lovestruc Can you say sugar overload?!!

Here is the plan: We want to eat lunch at WPE. The meals here just look wonderful! It seems like the best use of a CS credit that I can find - especially for the kids! I am not a big fan of crème brulee (ducking), so I will probably just get the brownie for dessert. That seems like something I can wrap up to take with me that probably won’t melt (I hope).

Then, hopefully, I will have enough room to have dessert at Ghiradelli’s. We have never tried this place before, but I can’t read the menu without drooling over the Gold Rush :cloud9: (from allears.net “The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate $7.95” Did you read that?!! Homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter!!!!!!!!!! Now, I have to tell you that I don’t eat chocolate ice cream without peanut butter (or at least peanuts). It is an addiction I have had since childhood. I simply MUST HAVE this sundae!! :worship:

Of course, this leaves me with the huge dilemna of what to do about Goofy’s Candy Company. How quickly does their stuff melt? There is simply no possible way that we will be able to eat any candy while we are here! :sick: Will it survive the boat ride back to POR? What if we don’t go straight back? I could carry an insulated lunch box with a ziploc bag of ice in it if it will help. :confused:

Now, the options begin. Option 1)We return to POR, change into swim suits and head to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Option 2) We return to POR to drop off our candy then head to Animal Kingdom (if we left early on Day 4). Option 3) We don’t buy candy and head straight to Animal Kingdom from DTD

If we return to AK, here is the touring plan:
- Finding Nemo show at 2 PM
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Get Kali fastpass
- Jungle Parade
- Rafiki’s Planet watch
- ride Kali with fastpass

Of course, the above plan is for the current park hours. Disney has mentioned that AK will have extended hours during Summer Nightastic! :cool1: So, it may be possible to arrive at AK later and see a later showing of Nemo (Please, Disney! Please, reveal these hours!!! :worship:)

Just in case that wasn’t enough options, we also have options for supper. Option 1) The original plan was supper at 1900 Park Fare at 7:25 PM followed by watching the Electrical Water Parade from the Grand Floridian before returning to the resort or Option 2) Decide we are too tired to stay out that late and cancel the Park Fare ADR and eat CS at AK or POR.

Up next Day 7 - Epcot!

Then, hopefully, I will have enough room to have dessert at Ghiradelli’s. We have never tried this place before, but I can’t read the menu without drooling over the Gold Rush :cloud9: (from allears.net “The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate $7.95” Did you read that?!! Homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter!!!!!!!!!! Now, I have to tell you that I don’t eat chocolate ice cream without peanut butter (or at least peanuts). It is an addiction I have had since childhood. I simply MUST HAVE this sundae!! :worship:

We had milkshakes at Ghiradelli's last year....so very good!! I have my menu from last year so i thought I would make you drool a little more over the Gold Rush :littleangel:

IMG_4519.jpg

I just love :love: options...I plan so many variations so if we feel like doing something...there is still a plan for that!!

I have my menu from last year so i thought I would make you drool a little more over the Gold Rush

OOOooohhh!!!! It worked!!!! Can I eat my computer screen?

Karen

On Day 7 our focus will be Epcot Future World. The current thinking is to use our first GAD voucher this day for fastpasses. Here are the girls outfits:
DSC_0730.jpg

Hairbows:
DSC_0729.jpg

And DS1’s outfit:
DSC_0731.jpg

We will again get up at 7 AM, eat breakfast in the room, and go to Epcot arriving for rope drop. We will probably drive this day. Here is the touring plan:

- Spaceship Earth
- Seas with Nemo
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Soarin’ with GAD for those big enough while some ride Living with the Land with those too small (also with GAD)
- reverse above groups
- Journey into Imagination
- Innoventions and Club Cool for my family while nephews, MIL, and FIL use GAD for Test Track
- Mission: Space with GAD for those interested - Mission: Space pavilion for rest
- 1 PM ADR for me, MIL, DD6, DD4, and DS1 at Biergarten and for DH, FIL, and nephews at Marrakesh. I :love: German food, music, and dancing and going to Oktoberfest was a huge part of growing up for me. DH on the otherhand is completely uninterested. So, we decided splitting up made everybody happier! :yay:
- ride Maelstrom with GAD if not done on day 3
- give remaining GAD passes to MIL, FIL, and nephews to re-ride Soarin’, ride Test Track, whatever while we leave

We will then take a nap or swim at the pool. At about 5 PM, DH and I will take the nephews to DHS to see the Hyperspace Hoopla at Star Wars Weekend and watch Fantasmic! We originally had the Fantasmic Dinner scheduled, but after watching the show on YouTube, my girls decided it was WAY too scary and they did not want to see it. :confused3 So, the plan is just for DH and me to take the boys.

In other news, we had our Pinocchio party tonight. I know it was supposed to be Tinkerbell, but FIL is visiting and I didn’t think he would enjoy the food or the movie all that much. So, we decided to do Pinocchio first. We had create-your-own stromboli, salad (not really with the theme but I needed to harvest some lettuce from the garden), and mango or raspberry sorbetti. Here is the table:
DSC_0726.jpg

We made the plates into puppets by drawing on them with markers. Here is one:
DSC_0727.jpg

Day 8 - the big Magic Kingdom Day!!

The trip feels so much closer now! I turned in my grades today, so I am officially on summer vacation!!!

Have you eaten at Marakkesh before? I know it is the men going and not you but it is very good! I was a little apprehensive but it was one of our favorites. The waiters were so personable! But there is also a belly dancer that you are sending men to see unchaperoned...you know this right????:rotfl2:

Cute Pinocchio meal...the puppet plates are so clever!!

Day 8 - The Magic Kingdom Day!!!! Here are the girls’ shirts:
DSC_0732.jpg

The hairbow:
DSC_0736.jpg

And DS1’s outfit:
DSC_0737.jpg

Once again, we will plan to get up at 7 AM and make rope drop at the park. This is another day I am thinking of using the bus. I want to make sure to arrive on this day early enough to see the show before rope drop. We have never done that before! We will use our 2nd GAD voucher for fastpasses on this day.

The touring plan:
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Fairies if not done on day 5
- Barnstormer
- Mickey & Minnie’s houses
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- ADR at Crystal Palace at 11:35
- Thunder Mountain with GAD for those willing and tall enough
- Splash Mountain with GAD for those willing and tall enough
- shopping on Main street for those not tall enough or uninterested

We will then return to POR for a nap or swim and return to the park at 5 PM.

- Country Bears
- Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise with GAD
- supper at Columbia Harbour House
- Carousel of Progress
- TTA
- Buzz with GAD
- Buzz with GAD
- Monsters, Inc
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Summer Nightastic! Fireworks
- return to POR and sleep

Up next, Day 9 - Star Wars Weekend!

Have you eaten at Marakkesh before? I know it is the men going and not you but it is very good! I was a little apprehensive but it was one of our favorites. The waiters were so personable! But there is also a belly dancer that you are sending men to see unchaperoned...you know this right????

:rotfl:

I ate at Marakkesh a few years ago with DH. He loved it! Me, eh. We eat a lot of Mediterrean food (hummus, couscous) so I thought I would like it, but the chicken was just weird. Maybe it was an off night, because there were only about two other tables of people there when we were. Glad you like it! I know DH, FIL, and the nephews will have fun there.

I have a confession to make - I LOVE :lovestruc Star Wars! DH and I are both big fans and I am really excited to go to SWW for the first time!

None of our kids have seen any of the Star Wars movies. In fact, my kids have only ever seen one movie in a theater. It was a Veggie Tales movie and both of my girls spent most of the time hiding because it was too scary! :confused3 For those unfamiliar with Veggie Tales, they are Bible stories with animated vegetables as the characters. I have no idea how that was scary! :rolleyes1 Anyway, DH and I will be taking our nephews (who are Star Wars fans) to DHS while MIL and FIL entertain our kids. Here are the girls shirts:
DSC_0761.jpg

and hairbow
DSC_0762.jpg

I want to arrive at DHS before rope drop to see the opening show. Our goals for this day are to get pictures and autographs with the characters (not the celebrities - although I am tempted to meet Peter Mayhew - I :love: :chewy:!!!) and watch the parade. I don’t have a touring plan other than I have heard that Darth Vader’s line gets long quickly so we will probably head for him first. When I was 7, :darth: came to my hometown grocery store and signed the cast that I had on my arm that fall. I would love to get another pic with Darth.

We plan to leave DHS as soon as the parade is over. We will then take a nap or go to the pool. At about 5 PM, we will get cleaned up and head to mass which is at 6 PM. After mass, we will leave all children with MIL and FIL while DH and I have DATE NIGHT!!!! :jumping1: We have a 7:40 ADR at bluezoo. We have never been there before and I am excited. We will probably do something after supper. Any suggestions? I have considered wandering the Boardwalk or heading into DHS if there is a 2nd Fantasmic! added and we didn’t see it on Friday. There are EMH at the Magic Kingdom until 2 AM. Any other ideas?

Up next, day 10 - a little of this, a little of that.

I had a minor freak out event today. Somehow, I have misplaced the notebook that I have all of my dining reservation numbers written in. :confused3 In a house with 3 small kids, stuff disappears all the time. It will probably reappear in a few days.

Anyway, in the meantime, I was trying to reconstruct all of my confirmation numbers from the emails that we get when booking online.

You know how when you are booking online, you can link the reservation to your resort reservation? You know how when you do that it automatically defaults the date of your dining reservation to the first date of your stay? Somehow, I failed to change it again when booking our Akershus ADR back in January!!!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

So, as of about 2 hours ago, we were supposed to eat at Akershus at 5:10 and Tutto Italia at 5:20 on the same day! :headache: I quickly got online and was able to find a 3 PM ADR at Akershus on the correct day. It is earlier than I want, but not tragic. This is our princess day, so we will be having brunch at CRT at 10:15 and then lupper (lunch/supper) at Akershus at 3 PM. Those ressies are still 5 hours apart, so we should be OK, right?!!! Please somebody tell me this will be OK! Does anyone know if we will get the lunch or supper menu at Akershus at 3 PM? We prefer the supper menu, but I will do either to save Princess Day!!!

After mass, we will leave all children with MIL and FIL while DH and I have DATE NIGHT!!!! :jumping1: We have a 7:40 ADR at bluezoo. We have never been there before and I am excited. We will probably do something after supper. Any suggestions? I have considered wandering the Boardwalk or heading into DHS if there is a 2nd Fantasmic! added and we didn’t see it on Friday. There are EMH at the Magic Kingdom until 2 AM. Any other ideas?

Up next, day 10 - a little of this, a little of that.

Date night!! :woohoo: I would be inclined to go to Fantasmic or the Boardwalk if it were us, but my DH isn't really into rides for EMH at MK. Too bad Pleasure Island has closed.

I had a minor freak out event today. Somehow, I have misplaced the notebook that I have all of my dining reservation numbers written in. :confused3 In a house with 3 small kids, stuff disappears all the time. It will probably reappear in a few days.

Anyway, in the meantime, I was trying to reconstruct all of my confirmation numbers from the emails that we get when booking online.

You know how when you are booking online, you can link the reservation to your resort reservation? You know how when you do that it automatically defaults the date of your dining reservation to the first date of your stay? Somehow, I failed to change it again when booking our Akershus ADR back in January!!!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

So, as of about 2 hours ago, we were supposed to eat at Akershus at 5:10 and Tutto Italia at 5:20 on the same day! :headache: I quickly got online and was able to find a 3 PM ADR at Akershus on the correct day. It is earlier than I want, but not tragic. This is our princess day, so we will be having brunch at CRT at 10:15 and then lupper (lunch/supper) at Akershus at 3 PM. Those ressies are still 5 hours apart, so we should be OK, right?!!! Please somebody tell me this will be OK! Does anyone know if we will get the lunch or supper menu at Akershus at 3 PM? We prefer the supper menu, but I will do either to save Princess Day!!!

I think I would have had a stroke!! :scared1: I have not been to either CRT or Akershus but 5 hours could possibly be okay between meals. We have done similar timeframes and were just very full at the end of the day! You have to have Princess Day!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

I think I would have had a stroke!! I have not been to either CRT or Akershus but 5 hours could possibly be okay between meals. We have done similar timeframes and were just very full at the end of the day! You have to have Princess Day!!!

I have to admit that I panicked for a couple of minutes!! I am still looking for better times, and was able to move Akershus to 3:20 (instead of 3 PM) today. I will keep looking! I am SO excited about Princess Day!

The last two days aren't quite as "polished" as the rest, but we now leave in just 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I want to finish my daily plans so I can talk about everything else. :goodvibes

On Day 10, we currently have a 7 AM ADR at Chef Mickey. We have never been here and I think the kids will love it, but I question our ability to get up and moving, especially this late in the trip. :coffee: Here are the girls shirts for this day:
DSC_0765.jpg

and the hairbow
DSC_0766.jpg

After breakfast, we will head into Magic Kingdom to ride everyone’s favorite rides one last time. Hopefully, we will be done with that by 11 AM so that we can hop over to Epcot.

At 12:10, we have a reservation for the Storytime in the Norway pavilion for those who book with AAA. I was really looking forward to this when it was going to be in the Exposition Hall in Magic Kingdom. I am a little less excited now. Hopefully the girls will enjoy it.

After Storytime, we will have lunch in the World Showcase, probably at Tangierine Café. We will then wander around World Showcase trying to watch as many shows as possible. The kids will also do the Kidcot stops and we might try a Kim Possible mission.

We have a 5:55 PM ADR at Coral Reef. I would love to stay for Illuminations, but with the very early morning and no scheduled break, I don’t see that happening. :sad2:

Up next, our last day!

On our last day, we are going to DHS. We are currently planning to use our last GAD voucher for fastpasses on this day. This gives us flexibility to miss rope drop if we aren’t done checking out of POR.

Here are the girls' shirts:
DSC_0763.jpg

and the hairbow:
DSC_0764.jpg

Here is the touring plan:

- Voyage of the Little Mermaid (GAD if needed)
- Playhouse Disney for little ones while DH and nephews ride Rockin Roller Coaster with GAD
- Toy Story Mania x2 with GAD
- lunch at Starring Rolls or Pizza Planet
- Beauty and the Beast
- Star Tours with GAD for those big enough, Honey I shrunk the kids playground for rest
- Muppets
- Animation Studio for drawing and characters
- parade
- 4:50 ADR at 1900 Park Fare if we skipped it earlier in the week.
- check in to another Orlando hotel

That ends the Disney portion of our trip. The next day, we will go to Seaworld then drive about 2 hours to MIL and FIL’s condo. We will spend a couple of days there sitting on the beach and then take 2 days to drive home. The last time, we stopped and saw the aquarium in Atlanta on our way home and that was INCREDIBLE. We might do it again or we might be tired of traveling and just head home quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter