"Detroit has never sounded so sexy!" A mother/daughter February 2012 NEW TR LINK

Hello!:wave2: I know I'm late but I'm joining in! Looks like y'all had a fantastic time! Loving all the pics-what type camera did you use?

Hello!:wave2: I know I'm late but I'm joining in! Looks like y'all had a fantastic time! Loving all the pics-what type camera did you use?

Welcome! :flower3:
Glad you're joining us!
We have a Nikon D80 like the pp guys use. We bought it several years ago and love it!

Hi All! Hope you're all enjoying your holiday weekend! We have had a wonderful weekend celebrating Caitlin's health and of course Andrew's visit home. He is a wonderful young man and we've loved having him here but I'll let Caitlin tell you about that next time. In the meantime, he's a quick pic from the family bbq we had yesterday

bbq261-1.jpg

Does she look happy or what? :) Unfortunately that smile will be tears in a few hours when we have to drive him back to the airport:sad1:

On a happier note...it's September which means we go back to Disney World THIS MONTH :yay: Yep, 22 days until we checkin at the Yacht Club! But for now let's return to February and our Animal Kingdom day....

When Caitlin finished EE we decided it was a good time to head over to one of our AK favorites....DINOSAUR. As we started in that direction we passed a father and his 5 0r 6 year old daughter holding hands and singing "You are My Sunshine". Words cannot describe how absolutely adorable they were! We walked behind them so we could enjoy their song and when they finished we applauded. It was like a moment from a Disney commercial. very precious! It was made even moreso when the next family we passed was a mother screaming at her little girl and then yanking her arm so hard the child actually left the ground. We were so sad for that child because if the parent behaves like that in public who knows what they do in private :sad2:

disneyday6005.jpg

When we got to Dinosaur there was no wait, well except for Caitlin to take some pics

disneyday6009.jpg

disneyday6007.jpg

disneyday6011.jpg

We then had a fun, bumpy ride back to the age of dinosaurs. When we returned to the present we did a quick tour of Dinoland

disneyday6012.jpg

disneyday6013.jpg

We never ride any of the amusement park type rides but of course that didn't stop her from photographing them
disneyday6016.jpg

disneyday6017.jpg

After our tour it was time for Nemo!
disneyday6025.jpg

disneyday6152.jpg

disneyday6177.jpg

disneyday6209.jpg

disneyday6216.jpg

disneyday6225.jpg

We had perfect seats and loved the show as much as always! Of course by the end we were both misty-eyed.

After Nemo we decided to head back toward Africa and grab a snack and see if we could do one more safari before we left the park. For our snacks Caitlin chose this
disneyday6263.jpg

while I chose this
disneyday6264.jpg

I have to say I was disappointed with the cupcake. We have some wonderful local cupcake shops and they beat this cupcake hands down. After our snacks we did a walk on safari! But since you know Caitlin couldn't do a safari without taking a TON of pics, I'll save that for next time.

Thanks for reading!

Andrew looks like a cutie! :thumbsup2 Tell Caitlin not to cry too much when he leaves. :hug: Glad you all had a nice long weekend.

Those pictures have me longing to be in the AK today. I love Dinosaur. :love:

What a cute little story about the the little girl and her dad. :thumbsup2 I won't mention the other story. :headache:

Love Nemo!

Your cupcake is so cute, too bad it wasn't worth the calories.

Andrew looks like a cutie! :thumbsup2 Tell Caitlin not to cry too much when he leaves. :hug: Glad you all had a nice long weekend.

He is :) I'll tell her. She's going to see him next month so hopefully with school starting,work and Disney the time will fly by.

Those pictures have me longing to be in the AK today. I love Dinosaur. :love:
Me too!
What a cute little story about the the little girl and her dad. :thumbsup2 I won't mention the other story. :headache:

Love Nemo!

Your cupcake is so cute, too bad it wasn't worth the calories.

The cupcake was really cute but tasted sort of frozen rather than fresh. My usual AK snack is the pineapple popsicle and I ended up wishing I had gone with that.

You might have mentioned before, but I forgot Caitlyn how did you and Andrew meet? You look very happy in the picture!

22 more days...how awesome, I am very jealous!

Animal Kingdom Park is a great park, it always seems to relax me. I love the safari, EE, It's tough to be a bug, Mickey's jammin parade, finding Nemo and festival of the Lion King. Magic Kingdom still holds my heart though!

You might have mentioned before, but I forgot Caitlyn how did you and Andrew meet? You look very happy in the picture!

They met and dated their freshman year of college but he enlisted after the first semester but they have done a long distance relationship off and on since that time :)

22 more days...how awesome, I am very jealous!
We have had a stressful few months so this trip is even more eagerly anticipated than usual!

Animal Kingdom Park is a great park, it always seems to relax me. I love the safari, EE, It's tough to be a bug, Mickey's jammin parade, finding Nemo and festival of the Lion King. Magic Kingdom still holds my heart though!

I totally agree!:)

Finally got caught up again! Sp happy for your good news and upcoming trip! Yes...you are right...we do have some great local cupcake shops that are way better than Disney cupcakes....where exactly are you from?

Finally got caught up again! Sp happy for your good news and upcoming trip! Yes...you are right...we do have some great local cupcake shops that are way better than Disney cupcakes....where exactly are you from?

Glad you're all caught up :)

Are you from Michigan? We're in Westland and we love Just Baked in Canton and the Cupcake Station in Plymouth. Caitlin loves the vegan cupcakes at the Cupcake Station.

Getting caught up on my TR's today. So glad your tests came back with just a cyst, Caitlin. My friend had one removed a couple years ago and the surgery and recovery time weren't too bad, definitely better than having to deal with having the actual cyst from what she said.

Glad you guys had a great weekend! That Andrew is definitely a cutie. :)

Wow your next trip is coming up fast! Can't wait to hear all about that one!

Glad you liked your Yak and Yeti meal for the most part, sorry you didn't like the Dessert. That is one I would like to try some day but I really Love the Flame Tree and I don't know if I could give that up...

I am not one that gets motion sick on rides but I don't know if I would jump on Everest right after eating! :worried: :sick:

Getting caught up on my TR's today. So glad your tests came back with just a cyst, Caitlin. My friend had one removed a couple years ago and the surgery and recovery time weren't too bad, definitely better than having to deal with having the actual cyst from what she said.

It was a great relief to us that it was nothing serious! She is now thinking she may have it removed on her Spring Break from school. Trying to find the time to have it done is the difficult part now.

Glad you guys had a great weekend! That Andrew is definitely a cutie. :)

He is isn't he :)

Wow your next trip is coming up fast! Can't wait to hear all about that one!

We want to do another TR so we have to get this one wrapped up. :rotfl:

Glad you liked your Yak and Yeti meal for the most part, sorry you didn't like the Dessert. That is one I would like to try some day but I really Love the Flame Tree and I don't know if I could give that up...

We usually just grab cs at AK but she'd been wanting to try Y&Y. We enjoyed our meal but its not somewhere I'd rush back to.

I am not one that gets motion sick on rides but I don't know if I would jump on Everest right after eating! :worried: :sick:

I have no idea how she does that!

In the meantime, he's a quick pic from the family bbq we had yesterday

bbq261-1.jpg

Look at the happy couple! :goodvibes

Does she look happy or what? :)

::yes::

Unfortunately that smile will be tears in a few hours when we have to drive him back to the airport:sad1:

Always the hard part. When might they see each other again?

On a happier note...it's September which means we go back to Disney World THIS MONTH :yay:

:cool1:

Yep, 22 days until we checkin at the Yacht Club!

Boy! That's going to come around quickly!

As we started in that direction we passed a father and his 5 0r 6 year old daughter holding hands and singing "You are My Sunshine".

Aw! That's just about too cute! :)

the next family we passed was a mother screaming at her little girl and then yanking her arm so hard the child actually left the ground.

Ugh. It almost seems like for every wonderful parent out there...

Disney stress does seem to bring out the worst in some people doesn't it? :sad2:

When we got to Dinosaur there was no wait, well except for Caitlin to take some pics

So what you're saying is, there'll always be a wait, no matter what. :rotfl:

We never ride any of the amusement park type rides but of course that didn't stop her from photographing them

I don't get why Disney put in such dull rides. Sure I get the themeing, but couldn't you have made it fun?

We had perfect seats and loved the show as much as always! Of course by the end we were both misty-eyed.

Nope. 'nother one I haven't seen.

For our snacks Caitlin chose this
disneyday6263.jpg

Chocolate covered pickle? :rolleyes1:

We have some wonderful local cupcake shops and they beat this cupcake hands down.

We just had some mini-cupcakes that were made by DW's co-worker. She's trying to branch out... and they were so good.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Look at the happy couple! :goodvibes

Yea aren't they cute :)

Always the hard part. When might they see each other again?

She is going to see him on base the end of next month. He is stationed at Fort Polk in Alexandria, Louisiana

:cool1:

Boy! That's going to come around quickly!

I know and right now we have so much going on that it will fly by!

Aw! That's just about too cute! :)

It was!

Ugh. It almost seems like for every wonderful parent out there...

Disney stress does seem to bring out the worst in some people doesn't it? :sad2:
Every trip it seems like we see some overwrought parent do some stupid thing like that and it is just so sad.

So what you're saying is, there'll always be a wait, no matter what. :rotfl:

I don't get why Disney put in such dull rides. Sure I get the themeing, but couldn't you have made it fun?

Even though we like Dinosaur I could do without the whole area. It's just so cheesy :rolleyes:
Nope. 'nother one I haven't seen.

Put it on your "must do list". The show is adorable and I like it better than the movie. Dale has never seen it so it's a must do for our upcoming trip.

Chocolate covered pickle? :rolleyes1:

:lmao:

We just had some mini-cupcakes that were made by DW's co-worker. She's trying to branch out... and they were so good.

Yumm! Caitlin and I are big cupcake fans and try to hit the bakery for 1 treat a week.

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

My pleasure :)

Glad you're all caught up :)

Are you from Michigan? We're in Westland and we love Just Baked in Canton and the Cupcake Station in Plymouth. Caitlin loves the vegan cupcakes at the Cupcake Station.

Great day at AK so far! I live in Livonia and I had The Cupcake Station in Plymouth do mini cupcakes for my wedding this past March. They were fantastic and a huge hit with everyone. I love all of their cupcakes!!!!! Darn, now I want a yummy little cupcake. :rotfl2:

Great day at AK so far! I live in Livonia and I had The Cupcake Station in Plymouth do mini cupcakes for my wedding this past March. They were fantastic and a huge hit with everyone. I love all of their cupcakes!!!!! Darn, now I want a yummy little cupcake. :rotfl2:

Oh wow, small world! :goodvibes
Caitlin and I love downtown Plymouth and this summer we've made a point of having lunch there once a week and we get cupcakes for dessert. Their cupcakes are great so I'm sure they were a hit with your guests! We have an occasion coming up in December and we're ordering a cake from them :)

I still have yet to see Nemo!! I keep thinking I will and planning on it and something always comes up!

I have found that the cupcakes in general disappoint me. Even the ones people brag on so much! But the choclate covered banana was surprisingly good!

Alexandria is not far from us! I actually have a friend whose husband was stationed there until recently when he retired.

I still have yet to see Nemo!! I keep thinking I will and planning on it and something always comes up!

I think the layout of AK makes it harder to catch the shows. If you get a chance next time , check it out!

I have found that the cupcakes in general disappoint me. Even the ones people brag on so much! But the choclate covered banana was surprisingly good!
The best Disney cupcakes we've had were at the Contemporary Cafe. Those tasted fresh and not frozen. Caitlin liked the banana too :)

Alexandria is not far from us! I actually have a friend whose husband was stationed there until recently when he retired.

Small world :goodvibes

Oh wow, small world! :goodvibes
Caitlin and I love downtown Plymouth and this summer we've made a point of having lunch there once a week and we get cupcakes for dessert. Their cupcakes are great so I'm sure they were a hit with your guests! We have an occasion coming up in December and we're ordering a cake from them :)

Hooray! I think they will be a great choice for your upcoming occasion in December. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter