DFTW 2015 - Anyone planning yet?

yeah - the thing is, is that I cannot slim down the guests at the ceremony.

I think I'm going to have a ceremony at the S&D finally...
It is really the best thing money-wise to have everyone at the ceremony.
I just need to find a spot which we would like. My boyfriend wants this part to be really private, so something inside I guess...

thanks all!
I'm going to go fishing in some S&D wedding threads!

We are planning an escape wedding for February/March 2015!!! I am very excited and can't wait till I can call and official get a date set. :goodvibes

Groom-to-be planning a November 2015 Escape wedding (most likely at Sea Breeze Point!) VERY excited and can't wait to share ideas with all of you lovely ladies!!

I'm planning an early June wedding in 2015 - not sure if I'm going to do an Escape at SBP with dinner at BlueZoo or Cali Grill, or possibly at SoG in the morning with an Illuminations dessert party.:scratchin

Hello fellow 2015 brides :wave2:
I myself just started planning our May 3-10 2015 Disney Magic Cruise wedding very excited! Can't wait to follow along with every ones plans!

Happy planning!

So I contacted Cole's Classic Cars as I'd really like to ride down the Boardwalk in an amazing vintage car. Unfortunately one of my top choices isn't available for driving events and he ruled out a couple of the other cars I had looked at for the same reason but I have it narrowed down to two cars for just under $500 plus a 20% auto-grat for the driver... Sounds a lot more reasonable than Disney's prices!

Oooooooh - thanks for the tip! I was wondering what to do about transportation. The glass carriage is cost-prohibitive for me, and I really didn't want a limo. The Rolls is too small for our needs, too. I will look into this!:cheer2:

Figured that I would join the thread. We're sending in the contract today for our wishes wedding in February 2015. We're doing 7:30 PM ceremony at SeaBreeze Point, pre-reception during Illuminations at Italy Isola West, and reception at Pixar Place. We're also doing a Dessert Welcome Party the night before at Ports-Cochere.

Figured that I would join the thread. We're sending in the contract today for our wishes wedding in February 2015. We're doing 7:30 PM ceremony at SeaBreeze Point, pre-reception during Illuminations at Italy Isola West, and reception at Pixar Place. We're also doing a Dessert Welcome Party the night before at Ports-Cochere.

Reception at Pixar Place!!!!! How AMAZING and fun!!!! And a February wedding!!!! Please tell me you're doing a planning journal--- I'd totally LOVE to see photos and hear every stage of your planning!!!!!! How did you decide on those locations? How many guests do you have?? Are you keeping Midway Mania open? Who is your photographer?? I LOVE hearing about weddings where people go out of the box!!

Reception at Pixar Place!!!!! How AMAZING and fun!!!! And a February wedding!!!! Please tell me you're doing a planning journal--- I'd totally LOVE to see photos and hear every stage of your planning!!!!!! How did you decide on those locations? How many guests do you have?? Are you keeping Midway Mania open? Who is your photographer?? I LOVE hearing about weddings where people go out of the box!!

I haven't started a planning journal yet, because it's been insane with starting a new job and moving into together. I plan on starting one soon, once things settle down a little. I really wanted to do our welcome party at Pixar Place and keep Midway Mania open, and then have the reception at the Great Movie Ride or Tamu Tamu. But to help keep the costs down, we decided that having an amazing experience for our guests Pixar Place was more important to us than the Great Movie Ride or Tamu Tamu. We have to have at least 50 guests for the wedding, and hope to keep it around there. We're going to be using Root Photography for the wedding, and Le June Make-up Artistry. Our wedding party is only us and his daughter, so both mothers and all of the sisters will be able to choose whether they'd like their hair or make-up done for the wedding day. Biggest thing right now is deciding what we want to keep a secret and what we'll share to get our guests excited to go.

I haven't started a planning journal yet, because it's been insane with starting a new job and moving into together. I plan on starting one soon, once things settle down a little. I really wanted to do our welcome party at Pixar Place and keep Midway Mania open, and then have the reception at the Great Movie Ride or Tamu Tamu. But to help keep the costs down, we decided that having an amazing experience for our guests Pixar Place was more important to us than the Great Movie Ride or Tamu Tamu. We have to have at least 50 guests for the wedding, and hope to keep it around there. We're going to be using Root Photography for the wedding, and Le June Make-up Artistry. Our wedding party is only us and his daughter, so both mothers and all of the sisters will be able to choose whether they'd like their hair or make-up done for the wedding day. Biggest thing right now is deciding what we want to keep a secret and what we'll share to get our guests excited to go.

Well I hope you do have a planning journal!!! I'd be pretty obsessed with it. ;-)

Well I hope you do have a planning journal!!! I'd be pretty obsessed with it. ;-)

I'll ask my SO tonight if he's ok with me doing one. I'm sure he will be, but would rather discuss it first. I'd love ideas, because we do want to be outside of the box and stray from tradition. For example, Carrie mentioned in her podcast that Dole Whips are available. SOOOO doing that at the Dessert Party! And our planning session is only two months away, so I don't have much time to gather ideas.

I'll ask my SO tonight if he's ok with me doing one. I'm sure he will be, but would rather discuss it first. I'd love ideas, because we do want to be outside of the box and stray from tradition. For example, Carrie mentioned in her podcast that Dole Whips are available. SOOOO doing that at the Dessert Party! And our planning session is only two months away, so I don't have much time to gather ideas.

Tell him a crazy girl from the Disboards is really interested!!! That'll totally sway him. ;-)

Tell him a crazy girl from the Disboards is really interested!!! That'll totally sway him. ;-)

Lol. I think the ability to get ideas and suggestions from other Disney brides alone will sway him. While we are very fortunate, making sure that we get the most for what we're spending is very important!

Just to head off the disappointment, Disney is now telling people that they can't get the machines for genuine Dole Whips anywhere outside of Adventureland and Captain Cook's. They can approximate a Dole Whip, but it might not taste the same. :confused3

Just to head off the disappointment, Disney is now telling people that they can't get the machines for genuine Dole Whips anywhere outside of Adventureland and Captain Cook's. They can approximate a Dole Whip, but it might not taste the same. :confused3

Darn it! Thanks for the heads up. Figure that I will still ask, and the worst they can do is say no. Honestly, I'm surprised that I haven't received many no's yet and how great they have been! We asked to do the ceremony at the Tower of Terror Courtyard, which they said they will allow if a corporate event does not book the Coast-to-Coast concept for the same day. We just won't know until three months before the wedding. I was also shocked when our wedding consultant offered to let us do our planning session a little before the six-month mark since we'll be in Orlando for another wedding. I had asked to do the site visit on the same trip, figuring that we would have to make a separate trip a few months later.

Pixar Place?! Such an awesome reception idea!!

Hello! I just found and signed up to the boards today! I am Canadian and my fiance and I are planning an April 2015 wedding at WDW. We are planning to have a smaller intimate wedding (around 20 people) with our Ceremony outside the Yacht Club in the Gazebo (because my sister was an international intern there!), our reception at the Backstage Prop Shop (which is posing to be surprisingly difficult to get), and an Illuminations Dessert Party. Our pre-wedding activities are hopefully going to be a VIP tour with some of our guests and a welcome dinner at Ohana's.

We went on a site visit in March and really loved the unique nature of the Prop Shop so we hope that everything will work out!

I'm not going to lie, working with the Wedding Coordinator thus far has been challenging - I am learning that 'unique' and 'non-traditional' aren't words that she is a fan of. Hopefully our Wedding Planner will be more accommodating!

The theme for our wedding is 'fun, vibrant, and whimsical' and we have 5 wedding colors! Think Bug's Life / Toy Story combined. I will be starting a planning journal soon and once I get my post count up, will be posting links to my pinterest inspiration boards and tons of pictures of our customized LEGO Save-the-Month invites and the personalized, guest-specific invites that we are ready to send out once our date is confirmed!

April 2015 bride here!! Morning reception at the wedding pavilion followed by a brunch reception at Citrico's (unless I change my mind again! AHH so many decisions)!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on these boards for a little while and finally decided to join. I'm so excited that we will be getting married at the Swan in February. We are having our welcome dinner on the beach at the Swan. On our wedding day we are going to have our cocktail hour at the reception site and then dinner at Don Shula's. We are also looking into doing a farewell breakfast at Cape May.

I just wanted to say hi and thank you everyone for all of your posts. You helped me so much in deciding a lot about my wedding. I'm so excited I can't stop planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter