DFTW Memories Collection

thanks so much Lurkyloo!! 1400 doesnt seem so bad for all those photos (esp when in NYC we are used to 5000 and up for a photographer!) For all the 4X6 prints you get, do you know if they have anything written across the front of them so you cant reprint them on your own? Seems silly to pay $10 for a reprint of a 4x6 when i could just scan one of the ones they give me and print it myself, right?

Ummm....can you say ILLEGAL. Those images are copyrighted and owned by Disney unless you pay the fee to own the copyright. I certainly wouldn't be advertising if I intended to do this.

Ummm....can you say ILLEGAL. Those images are copyrighted and owned by Disney unless you pay the fee to own the copyright. I certainly wouldn't be advertising if I intended to do this.
hmmm.....

lol getting a little serious aren't we?? it was a simple question....at 1400 for a few pictures i think i own them to make 1 extra copy for my parents...its not like id be selling it for a profit, which is what copywritting laws were intended for when they were made.

Nope. For $1400, you own what they give you. If you want more prints you either pay for them through DPS or you pay for the CD and the rights to copy them. Quite simple.

For the $1400 do they give you the CD or is that a separate price? I thought you could get the CD with that price if you forgo the prints and the albums. What is correct?

Dawn

lol getting a little serious aren't we?? it was a simple question....at 1400 for a few pictures i think i own them to make 1 extra copy for my parents...its not like id be selling it for a profit, which is what copywritting laws were intended for when they were made.

I am thinking, based on her response, that she must be a photographer.

For the $1400 do they give you the CD or is that a separate price? I thought you could get the CD with that price if you forgo the prints and the albums. What is correct?

Dawn

No, the $1,400 2-Park Portrait Session package does not come with a disc, and they don't let you get the disc for free by giving up prints and the folios.

The only packages that let you get the CD by giving up products are various wedding photography packages for Wishes weddings (and all but the most expensive still charge you a fee for the disc, just a lower one). If you're doing Escape, you can get the disc for $395 if you give up the photo products included in your wedding package, and it comes "free" as part of the $$$ upgraded Escape photography packages they offer.

The only package deal is for Magic Kingdom + another park for $1,400. The one-park package comes with 12 5x7-inch prints in an album and a 4x6-inch print of every image, while 2-park sessions come with 30 5x7-inch prints in an album and a 4x6-inch print of every image. Reprints range from $10 for 1 4x6 to $85 for a 16x20 or $250 for 30x40.

Are you allowed to pick which 30 prints you want in the album, or does disney just make that decision for you?? what they think might be the best 30 prints, might not be my idea of the best. If they let me choose then I wouldn't think there would be need for many reprints because when it comes right down to it, how many pictures does one need?? lol

If you let them know you want to pick the images, they'll let you do it. The only time this doesn't work is for UK couples, who don't get to pick b/c Disney has to get all their products ready for them before they leave the US.

Nope, not a photographer, just brought up with morals that you don't lie, cheat or steal. If you can't afford to do it legally, then you shouldn't do it, that's all. I don't reuse the resort mugs, never had my child lie about her age to get in cheaper or fed cheaper, etc... Sorry to burst your bubble, just believe in following the laws. Not trying to start anything, just pointing out the law. As a matter of fact, I believe this DIS does not approve of trying to get around the rules either.

Nope, not a photographer, just brought up with morals that you don't lie, cheat or steal. If you can't afford to do it legally, then you shouldn't do it, that's all. I don't reuse the resort mugs, never had my child lie about her age to get in cheaper or fed cheaper, etc... Sorry to burst your bubble, just believe in following the laws. Not trying to start anything, just pointing out the law. As a matter of fact, I believe this DIS does not approve of trying to get around the rules either.

I am taking part in the whole "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all......"

:littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:

my comment on this issue...is that this is a theme park boards behavior and not weddings and honeymoon behavior...so we should just take this conversation down a notch...no was calling anyone a liar...or cares about reusing resort mugs in this board/room...that aggressiveness is normally what ppl use when having heated theme park discussions (you lied about your age for a free day/OMG I cant believe you use the mugs on more than one trip)...so there is no need to have such a heated covo on photographers....and since you SWHMC will not be the one breaking the rules...don't stress it so much...no one is perfect and I know in life we have all done something wrong even if you only realized it in hindsight...so please calm down with the righteous indignation...(not aggressively stated but with hugs and kisses to all)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter