DFTW Memories Collection

Ok. . .I've been lurking around the boards for a bit, but I finally registered and this is my first post. So here goes. . .

I never thought I could have a DFTW until the Memories Collection was announced. We are planning on getting married next summer (it will be the 10th anniversary together).

I am a little overwhelmed and just had a few questions.

First, how soon should I get in touch with DFTW? And do I need to have a room booked before I contact DFTW? I'm just confused with how to book and when to get "penciled in."

Also, can extra photography time be added to this package?

When I do book our stay . . . can it be a reservation with AP discounts (we are already AP holders) or does it have to be a regular price stay?

I know that's a lot, but I just trying to get a timeline and budget down.

I really hope it all works out.

TIA!

Welcome to the boards. I'm not 100% on all your questions but according to the Passporters book it says that you can start calling them up to 18 months ahead but book 6 months out. As far as a room block I believe you're only required 2 nights. Lurkyloo might be better able to answer some of the other questions. She wrote the book after all. ;) HTH:goodvibes

:rotfl: And here I am!

First, how soon should I get in touch with DFTW? And do I need to have a room booked before I contact DFTW? I'm just confused with how to book and when to get "penciled in."

If you plan to be married next summer, you can get in touch with DFTW now. They will "pencil you in" for the date and location you want, and then confirm it at 6 months out. After you call, you will have a few days in which to make your room reservation.

Also, can extra photography time be added to this package?

Yes!

When I do book our stay . . . can it be a reservation with AP discounts (we are already AP holders) or does it have to be a regular price stay?

Yes—you can use any discount available to you. The AP rates aren't out yet for next summer, but you can make your reservation now and then call and change it when they do come out.

:thumbsup2

Hello again,

So say we have a date, time, and location in mind and become pencilled in, is there that possibility of being placed in a lottery if another Disney bride wants the same wedding arrangement as well?

alrighty now that they have this "affordable" package the real question is are you able to add on the MK or Epcot shoots onto it?? Being able to do those shoots is one of the main reasons i want to get married in WDW but I dont want to have to have a 10,000 ceremony there and then have to do it again back in nyc! any ideas anyone?

I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to have a MK shoot. It doesn't affect the Memories event itself and it's more money for Disney!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Memories weddings are not eligible for the in park photo shoot, but I could be wrong. I'm going to see if I can find where I read that, as we were going to switch to a Memories wedding as well but chose to stick with DCL so we could have the MK photo session.

alrighty now that they have this "affordable" package the real question is are you able to add on the MK or Epcot shoots onto it?? Being able to do those shoots is one of the main reasons i want to get married in WDW but I dont want to have to have a 10,000 ceremony there and then have to do it again back in nyc! any ideas anyone?

Unfortunately, no—you cannot add an MK shoot to a Memories Collection wedding. You can add an Epcot shoot, though, since anyone—even non-DFTW couples—can do one in their wedding attire if they're willing to pay for it.

Hi Lurkeyloo, i didnt know that! So is it the same for all other parks as well as epcot, just not including MK ?

whoa! Lurkyloo, are you serious?? You can just be a reg ole married NYC couple and do pictures in Epcot, DHS, or AK?!?!?! I really, really wanted to do MK shots, and thought that this new package would be my semi cheap way of doing it, and really am not sure about spending the money for an escape wedding just for photos! But if we could do one or more than one of the other parks, that might just work!! You still have to use a disney photographer tho right?

Yes! In the last year or so they've begun letting anyone do the Bridal Portrait Session in every park but the Magic Kingdom. But, as you guessed, it can only be done through Disney Fine Art Photography: (407) 827-5099

Yes! In the last year or so they've begun letting anyone do the Bridal Portrait Session in every park but the Magic Kingdom. But, as you guessed, it can only be done through Disney Fine Art Photography: (407) 827-5099

That's awesome, I didn't realize you could add this on to Memories package:thumbsup2 How much is an Epcot session? We still havent set a date, but when I read about this here last night and told fiance about it, he acted excited:laughing:

Every park but the MK costs $650 for a bridal portrait session. :thumbsup2

Any package deals if you wanted to do two parks?? and then how many pictures do you get for just that shoot?? if you wanted more, how much does that cost?

PS...You are my bridal disney info idol!! lol

OK, I just got word that Magic Kingdom photo shoots ARE allowed with the Memories Collection events. :banana: When we did the podcast interview with DFTW, the package was brand new, and I think they were still not quite sure on certain details. Or maybe they reconsidered! :teeth:

Any package deals if you wanted to do two parks?? and then how many pictures do you get for just that shoot?? if you wanted more, how much does that cost?

The only package deal is for Magic Kingdom + another park for $1,400. The one-park package comes with 12 5x7-inch prints in an album and a 4x6-inch print of every image, while 2-park sessions come with 30 5x7-inch prints in an album and a 4x6-inch print of every image. Reprints range from $10 for 1 4x6 to $85 for a 16x20 or $250 for 30x40.

Great info, thanks for the update, Carrie! :thumbsup2 It MAY be possible to fit in the Epcot photo session into the budget when the time comes.:goodvibes

thanks so much Lurkyloo!! 1400 doesnt seem so bad for all those photos (esp when in NYC we are used to 5000 and up for a photographer!) For all the 4X6 prints you get, do you know if they have anything written across the front of them so you cant reprint them on your own? Seems silly to pay $10 for a reprint of a 4x6 when i could just scan one of the ones they give me and print it myself, right?

There is nothing printed across the front of the 4x6-inch proofs they give you. However, when you scan a 4x6 photo, in addition to potentially introducing flaws like dust on the glass, you cannot enlarge the resulting file—it gets all blurry and pixelated. So you would only be able to reproduce the images at 4x6 or below. :( This is how they get you to drop $$$ for the disc of images.

Now if you have a Wishes or Escape wedding and use Disney for photography, there are various ways to get the disc for less than $1,000 or $750, but you never get it for less than $395 without buying a $$$ wedding photography package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter