DFTW Memories Collection

evey82

Earning My Ears
Hi im new to the board, been browsing a while and just signed up to join in :yay:

Im just wondering if anyone on here know much about the new memories collection which i think so far has been hinted about but not formally confirmed by DFTW. AFAIK its $1991 but im wondering whats missing from this thats in the Escape collection.

Is there anyone in the know?

Eve

Sounds interesting! I found a few sites that talk about giving out details on Wednesday, so we'll see I suppose. I would guess it's simply provided a legal way for people to get married at DW without any pomp and circumstance. I know there have been a number of people asking about sneaking into parks or hotels to do a secret ceremony, and this might be their answer to solving that issue! That looks to be about the price of renting a location and having a bouquet, maybe plus a little pixie dust.

Read this on another forum

- the flyer given out at Franck's listed the following amenities: Bouquet, violinist, 3 hours of limo, 1 hour of photography

Be interesting to find out all info about it, roll on wednesday! I hate waiting for details, so impatient.

Wow - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. If it includes vow renewals, I'd be really interested (and even as soon as our October trip:cutie: - but that's probably wishful thinking!).

Wow - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. If it includes vow renewals, I'd be really interested (and even as soon as our October trip:cutie: - but that's probably wishful thinking!).
It does include VRs but I don't think the pricing is available until 2011 because that's their anniversary year.

I was the open house. Yes, it includes VR's (which is why it's tempting to us) but it's only for 6 people. So bride & groom plus 4 guests.

They did the price because that's the year that DFTW started (1991).

I was the open house. Yes, it includes VR's (which is why it's tempting to us) but it's only for 6 people. So bride & groom plus 4 guests.

They did the price because that's the year that DFTW started (1991).

I figured it would only be for a small amount of guests, though not that few.

So am I understanding that this is a wedding at all the usual wedding venues for maximum 6 people for $1991? If this is true I'm gonna so bummed that I've already booked Fultons:sad2:

Can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, I have 4 kids-- what a great, inexpensive way to get married at Disney. But, on the other hand, is it going to mean more competition for venues and dates?

So am I understanding that this is a wedding at all the usual wedding venues for maximum 6 people for $1991? If this is true I'm gonna so bummed that I've already booked Fultons:sad2:

That what it seems like so far, i guess we won't no for certain until wednesday.
Is there anyway you can cancel?

So am I understanding that this is a wedding at all the usual wedding venues for maximum 6 people for $1991?

Can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, I have 4 kids-- what a great, inexpensive way to get married at Disney. But, on the other hand, is it going to mean more competition for venues and dates?

Korri mentioned on Lou's podcast that it's held at three unique locations—so Memories couples will not be competing with Escape/Wishes couples for venues.

I think the price and number of guests is on par with other elopment packages I've seen. Most of those don't include 3 hours of limo service and use recorded music, and many limit guests to 2 for witnesses.

That what it seems like so far, i guess we won't no for certain until wednesday.
Is there anyway you can cancel?

I suppose I could but we would lose our 50% deposit. I guess it would still be quite expensive for us to do this anyway. We are only paying just over $500 for our ceremony so that extra jump in money would mean we would have to cut out a lot of things we want to do....still bummed though as we would have budgeted from the start for this.

Oh well. I'll stop being negative now, I'm still getting married in Disney:thumbsup2

Claire sweetie
I know how you feel as when I read this I too thought 'Bummer'. What made a difference for me though was the fact that I could only have 4 guests with this new 'Memories' collection VR and I needed to have way more than that!!! Also I know myself and I would want far more than the basic package probably provides and would no doubt ended up paying far more than the $1991.00!!
Also, I have been so thrilled with the way things are going with the Swan so far. I have everything I want and more for a very reasonable price. I am very happy with my decision!!!

Thanks Joanne:hug:. You have made me feel better about it. You are so right. If I had a DFTW then I would want to add characters and a MK shoot and all kinds of mad things that we just cannot afford.

Oh! 3 unique locations! Interesting, so they will be different than the Escape locations...hmmmmm, decisions! We have our heart set on Sunset Pointe, but since we are paying a good majority of the wedding/honeymoon ourselves, I am curious what these 3 locations will be for $1991:rolleyes1

I suppose I could but we would lose our 50% deposit. I guess it would still be quite expensive for us to do this anyway. We are only paying just over $500 for our ceremony so that extra jump in money would mean we would have to cut out a lot of things we want to do....still bummed though as we would have budgeted from the start for this.

Oh well. I'll stop being negative now, I'm still getting married in Disney:thumbsup2

What Joanne said! :thumbsup2 Trust me, when you find out how limited the inclusions and choices are for the new package, you'll be happy to stick with what you've got. It's great that they're offering something less elaborate than Escape, but it's really geared toward those couples who are looking for a quickie vow renewal somewhere on property that won't get them kicked out! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter