DH has ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)

This post brings back lots of memories for me. I lost my mother to ALS when I was 18 years old, she was 46. She had it for 5 years before passing.

It's been 15 years since, and I miss her more than ever now that I'm older and have a family of my own.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

This post brings back lots of memories for me. I lost my mother to ALS when I was 18 years old, she was 46. She had it for 5 years before passing.

It's been 15 years since, and I miss her more than ever now that I'm older and have a family of my own.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that at such a young age - I'm sure you were a joy and a help to your mom. I'll keep you in my prayers, too. :hug: And thank you for your prayers for us. It was such a short road for Jim - thank goodness for his sake as he hated what ALS did to him. It still seems like it's not real to me sometimes - it's hard to believe he's gone, even though I was there with him the whole time.

Jim's birthday will be here in a few weeks - all these firsts are a challenge. I woke up Monday morning and found his favorite cat had passed away during the night - he'd seemed fine the evening before. I hope they're together now.

I'm pulling life together, mainly to keep occupied but it is getting easier - I just miss him terribly. To all of you fighting a disease with your loved ones, please know I'm sending you my strength just as you all did for me when I needed it most!

Keep going with the therapy elfstar. It seemed to be the only thing that has helped my mother. Unfortunately I just started seeing a therapist. No one helped me with my greif and loss (I was the "adult" daughter with a husband to lean on, so apparently they thought I didn't need it). Friday has been two years since my father passed away. I still don't WANT to believe it. If you ever feel like you HAVE to be strong about it, don't. Let everything out and take time with yourself and your emotions...that's one of the biggest mistakes I made was pushing myself an pushing the emotions aside. I hope that over time things get better for you, and your memory trip sounds wonderful.

Belated sympathies to you.

I'm sad to say that I can commiserate some with your experiences. My dad has ALS, and although he was only recently diagnosed, his symptoms are progressing rapidly.

Illnesses such as ALS really make you appreciate every moment.

Hugs to you!

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by - Jim's been gone 9 months already. I still miss him like it was yesterday. I'm doing okay, just missing him very much. The Hospice Grief Center checks in on me every couple of months - that's really been helpful.

I know several of you have lost your loved ones this year - please accept my sympathies. This board was truly a godsend for us all.

Our granddaughter, Cadence Dianne, was born on 9/4. All went well except that we all missed Jim's being with us to welcome her to the world. Hopefully, he's watching over her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter