DH has Cancer

I also have a tough time when someone says that the Lord does not give you more than you can handle. Someone who takes their own life onviously had more than they could handle.

I try not to go there:sad2:
We have had a suicide in our family and it is something that I do not fully understand.
At the moment my faith is all I have to unconditionally lean on and I believe that we as a family will make it.:hug:

Tomorrow will be the end of week one for radiation. Only four more weeks to go.
So far so good. DH felt sick the first treatment but has been ok since then.The tumors being radiated DH says are sore but not painful.

DH has started a journal that is being kept on the living room table.
It is nice because he is writing things down that he would not normally talk about. Anyone is welcome to read it and write down there thoughts as well.
It might seem weird but it is working for us. :goodvibes

Keeping positive:thumbsup2

Now I'm posting on your thread, as you posted on mine!

I like the journal idea for your family.

Keep us posted on how your DH is doing with the radiation, and keep the faith!

Only one more treatment this week:goodvibes
That makes three more weeks to go.

It has been a really busy week.
DD has finished grade 10:thumbsup2
DH is pushing himself to work fulltime. He is managing ending the day with his radiation treatment. I drive there and back with him as it is three hours round trip each day with traffic.
I have been able to modify my work schedule to be able to do this during the week and am working weekends as well.

Things look positive so far. We got a positive report from the radiolgy doctor today and his skin has not burned to badly yet:)

Your post today sounds upbeat & positive - I'm SO GLAD to read it! I hope you're feeling your spirits lifted a little bit, even if just for a day, you need that for your own mental health! Here's hoping that you & your family continue down this positive path.

Just got the results back this week that DH has cancer.:sad2:
A rare kind at that.
The last few days have been a total blur.
We go to see the surgical oncologist this week as well as the radiologist.
I feel numb.
The DD's are taking it better than I expected. I need to be strong but I am glad that I have the DIS to listen to me.

I am sorry to hear your news.

I hope they caught it early and he makes a full recovery.

:hug: so sorry your dh and your family is going through this.

Cancer sucks, I know it because I have it too

I really like how your dh is keeping a journal.

Glad your dd seems to be handling it.

I am sure it is so stressful with working and such a long trip for the radiation etc.

Just take it one day at a time. I am glad what you said about your faith.

My faith brings me a a lot of comfort too.

Prayers for your dh and your family.

I'm so impressed that your DH continues to work full time & do his treatments - and that you are able to help him with such a long drive. Keep moving forward!!!!! :hug:

DH just started week 4 of radiation. I more week to go.:thumbsup2

Last week (week 3) was long and tiring but we made it through.

Saw the surgeon this morning and if all goes well it looks like they will be able to do surgery in mid August.

Keeping our spirits up but slowing down on expectations of what gets accomplished in a day:goodvibes

Well how's it going? Is radiation over for now? Did they schedule surgery for your DH?

Hi Everyone,

The last 10 days have been crazy.
DH finished radiation last monday.:)
Only minor irritation to the skin so we are lucky there.
He was so very tired last week.:(
The Dr.'s said he would be as the radiation peaks a few days after completion.
We go back to the hospital next Monday for his pre-op MRI and blood work.
We then hopefully will be told when his surgery is going to be.

The first hurdle is finished:goodvibes
Now onto the second!!

Good Luck with the surgery. I agree with TaraPA that everything sounds like it is going on a positive track.

I know that each situation is unique but I remember being told that radiation continues to work in your body for up to 30 days. Unfortunately that means the tiredness continues also. I suppose it depends on the strength and placement of the radiation.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer after I returned from WDW last year, diagnosed in November, 2 rounds of surgery in December and February I'm now 4 months into my chemo... suffering a little but I've been really lucky throughout.

I feel for anyone that has to go through this and know that many are far worse off than me.

My prognosis is good and I've booked my next WDW trip for April next year to celebrate.

Does anyone know of a travel insurer that doesn't cost the earth for cancer sufferers?

Also, my consultant oncologist advises that my fingerprints may have disappeared by the time I travel, any advice on passing through Orlando Intl with a passport but no fingerprints to scan?

I will be praying for you and your family during this time. I finish my last radiation treatment tomorrow so I know how exhausting it is. It sounds like you are keeping a good positive attitude and that is half the battle. Keep us informed and I will keep praying:grouphug:

Thank you Everybody:goodvibes

I cannot describe how good it feels to receive an email in the hospital waiting room from a total stranger with a common love for DISNEY!!!!

DH's surgery is tomorrow and we are just gathering things up that he will need.

The surgical oncologist is confident that everything will go fine but it is a little nerve racking reading over all the if's and's...etc....

So being the totally positive people that we are being....we went ahead and booked our Disney vacation for next summer!!!

It is our something to look forward to.:thumbsup2

Thank you Everybody:goodvibes

I cannot describe how good it feels to receive an email in the hospital waiting room from a total stranger with a common love for DISNEY!!!!

DH's surgery is tomorrow and we are just gathering things up that he will need.

The surgical oncologist is confident that everything will go fine but it is a little nerve racking reading over all the if's and's...etc....

So being the totally positive people that we are being....we went ahead and booked our Disney vacation for next summer!!!

It is our something to look forward to.:thumbsup2

Prayers, good thoughts and wishes for tomorrow's surgery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter