DHS 2 days - leave for lunch?

CanuckGirl78

Mouseketeer
DH, DS (11), DD (8), and I are heading to WDW for 7 days and staying at AKL in mid-May. We haven't gone to WDW since 2017 and don't know when we'll be able to return, so we're considering this as a "once in a lifetime trip".

Our plan is to do 2 days at DHS (Tuesday and Friday). We love Star Wars and are willing to buy Genie+ and ILL to make sure we go on RotR, and want to stay one day to watch Fantasmic. With DS being 11, we don't want to do too much

I think it'll take too much out of our day to go back to AKL for a mid-day break, but wondering if we should take the skyliner to a nearby resort and do lunch nearby (any recommendations for a great place to eat that's not $$$$ would be appreciated!), leave "early" (maybe around 5 or 6pm) and hang out at the pool at AK, or is there so much to do at DHS we should just stay in the park both days and eat in the park (suggestions would also be appreciated!)? DH, DD, and I love to eat all types of food, but DS is fairly picky and would eat burgers, hot dogs, and pizza every day if we let him :)

Our plans do include 2 other days where we're taking mid-day breaks to hang out at the pool (right now scheduled to be Wednesday and Thursday) so we do have other days to enjoy our resort, rest, and eat at Boma and Sanaa.

Thanks!

Given that you’ll have 2 days at DHS, you could probably spare the time to eat lunch outside the park at least one of them. You could ride the Skyliner to CBR, change to the Epcot line, get off at Riviera and eat at their QS, Primo Piatto. That would be a nice break from park touring. Or try for an ADR at Beaches & Cream in BC or QS at The Fountain in the Dolphin - same kind of food, many people say The Fountain has better ice cream. Ride the Friendship Boat to either one.

Inside DHS, we like to mobile order in the morning so we can get our food relatively quickly when the time comes. We like ABC Commissary the best. For table service, Sci-Fi is our go-to, but we also like Prime Time. Both of those are for atmosphere as much as food.

I like Primo Piatto as well at Riviera. In DHS, ABC is a good choice. Just be aware for lunch you need a mobile order that is ready in order to enter the restaurant. I enjoy the ronto wrap at Batuu and there’s a new restaurant opening in Toy Story Land, whose menu looks good.

I like Primo Piatto as well at Riviera. In DHS, ABC is a good choice. Just be aware for lunch you need a mobile order that is ready in order to enter the restaurant. I enjoy the ronto wrap at Batuu and there’s a new restaurant opening in Toy Story Land, whose menu looks good.
I forgot about the new restaurant in Toy Story Land. That might be a good option to check out if we stay in the park!

We tend to bail from HS for lunch. HS more than any of the parks does not handle crowds well and we feel like the counter service places tend to be packed at lunch hours. We actually like to head out to Disney Springs and do lunch at Polite Pig on one of our HS days.

Two full days, with Genie+ and LL, is a lot of HS time. I think you'd be fine leaving midday a for a break/meal and still seeing it all.

I agree with The Fountain at the Dolphin, hop on the boat at HS, the Dolphin is the first stop. No ADRS needed and if you don't go at exactly noon you shouldn't have any problems. We always take breaks every single day and yes, we use Disney transportation. 2 days at HS is plenty of time, especially if you are using Genie+ so leaving the park and going to lunch elsewhere or even going back to AKL for a pool break are easy enough to do.

You’ll have plenty of time. We would always do Via Napoli at Epcot on one of our DHS days but that was before the park hopper rule. We could still do it but want to eat before 2 pm. I would consider Beaches and Cream or taking the skyliner to Riviera.

We tend to bail from HS for lunch. HS more than any of the parks does not handle crowds well and we feel like the counter service places tend to be packed at lunch hours. We actually like to head out to Disney Springs and do lunch at Polite Pig on one of our HS days.

Two full days, with Genie+ and LL, is a lot of HS time. I think you'd be fine leaving midday a for a break/meal and still seeing it all.
I'm worried the trip to Disney Springs and back might take too long and be too much for one day - do you Uber to/from Disney Springs?

I'm worried the trip to Disney Springs and back might take too long and be too much for one day - do you Uber to/from Disney Springs?
We usually have a car so we drive. We are big proponents of midday breaks though so we'd typically be at rope drop, leave for lunch around 11:30. Stop back at our room/rental for a bit and then head back to the park around 4/5 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter