DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Regarding transportation - we were at Wilderness Lodge and the first bus went out at 6:01. We caught the second bus at 6:20ish and had plenty of time.

Because there aren’t a ton of people checking in for PPO like there are at MK the security and tap lines move very quickly.

I think there’s plenty of time to use resort transportation and get there (barring unforeseen circumstances, etc.)

It looks like Disney added more spots for a few dates, at least in November they did. So if you've been looking at a sold out date, may be available now. Not sure if this means they're making it even more crowded??? Hope not.

Did everyone see tjis?? Was posted on Kenny the Pirate

Toy Story Characters – Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear – will wear new Christmas themed costumes in Toy Story Land this holiday season.

Beginning November 8, these beloved characters will celebrate Christmas in Toy Story land with these great new costumes. Woody gets a holiday vest and candy cane for his holster. Jessie will receive a red vest with peppermints while Buzz Lightyear will show off his new sparkly Santa hat.
In addition to holiday character greetings, guests visiting Toy Story Land beginning November 8, can enjoy the land’s new holiday decor, including including oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland, a holiday card “selfie” of “Toy Story” pals, an oversized Hamm sugar cookie, Green Alien ornaments and more. The land’s attractions will also be plussed up for the season with new holiday audio or music: guests will hear sleigh bells ringing on Slinky Dog Dash, while Alien Swirling Saucers will offer two holiday tracks, plus themed lighting.

Did everyone see tjis?? Was posted on Kenny the Pirate

Toy Story Characters – Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear – will wear new Christmas themed costumes in Toy Story Land this holiday season.

Beginning November 8, these beloved characters will celebrate Christmas in Toy Story land with these great new costumes. Woody gets a holiday vest and candy cane for his holster. Jessie will receive a red vest with peppermints while Buzz Lightyear will show off his new sparkly Santa hat.
In addition to holiday character greetings, guests visiting Toy Story Land beginning November 8, can enjoy the land’s new holiday decor, including including oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland, a holiday card “selfie” of “Toy Story” pals, an oversized Hamm sugar cookie, Green Alien ornaments and more. The land’s attractions will also be plussed up for the season with new holiday audio or music: guests will hear sleigh bells ringing on Slinky Dog Dash, while Alien Swirling Saucers will offer two holiday tracks, plus themed lighting.

DHS continues to bring it for the holidays. Love it.

(Cursing I don’t have a holiday trip planned!)

After reading a good part of this thread and the TSL thread, I think the EMM is not perfect and the breakfast is iffy at best but Disney has found another way to get money out of my wallet and the EMM is the way to go! Buying my tickets tonight for Feb 19. We haven't been to Disney since TSL opened and even though we will skip the characters (kids 15 & 17), I really don't want to spend half a day waiting in line to ride SDD. Thank you to everyone for all the helpful posts!

We haven't been to Disney since TSL opened and even though we will skip the characters (kids 15 & 17), I really don't want to spend half a day waiting in line to ride SDD. Thank you to everyone for all the helpful posts!

Don’t discount the characters! Buzz is a fun one!

We haven't been to Disney since TSL opened and even though we will skip the characters (kids 15 & 17), I really don't want to spend half a day waiting in line to ride SDD. Thank you to everyone for all the helpful posts!

Although, I have said we are not doing the characters as well... one of my girls (15 now) may insist on meeting them to get Selfie's. If that happens I need a plan of attack. :laughing: That an we are doing it in December and if Buzz is in a Santa hat, I may insist. :hyper:

It looks like Disney added more spots for a few dates, at least in November they did. So if you've been looking at a sold out date, may be available now. Not sure if this means they're making it even more crowded??? Hope not.
If they did, that’s straight up ridiculous. Come on, Disney! 10-20 minute waits for SDD before adding more.

I just don't understand why if a ride is down (which has been reported twice now) they are not compensating for this. Do you have to ask? and by compensate I mean fps for that attraction that was down. not money back.

If they did, that’s straight up ridiculous. Come on, Disney! 10-20 minute waits for SDD before adding more.
I also noticed this with my November date. A few weeks ago both the 7am and 730 slots were sold out. Today though I’m able to go on and buy tickets for 10 people if I wanted. Not sure if it’s people canceling or more tickets being sold

I also noticed this with my November date. A few weeks ago both the 7am and 730 slots were sold out. Today though I’m able to go on and buy tickets for 10 people if I wanted. Not sure if it’s people canceling or more tickets being sold

If there were something like 1-4 openings I would say people cancelled. This is sounding suspicious for more slots being added >:(. I really hope I'm wrong, I would love for it to be just large groups canceling.

Our date, December 12th, has had more slots open up as well. I could put in for up to 14 people so it definitely seems like they are selling more tickets :crazy2:

If you are staying on site and do not have your own vehicle, what is the best way for transportation? Would you rely on buses or book a minnie van? If my time is 7:30 and we plan to eat after 9am, what time should be get to HS. We would need 2 booster seats & have 3 kids.
This is one of my concerns as well (no so much the kids and booster issue) but it does sound like the resort buses to HS have been starting early. Where as the minnie vans start at 6:30, but probably only a few available that early in the day. Your best bet might to use the buses. The MDE app now provides you with the bus arrival times with reports from this thread that some of the buses are noted to be starting just before 6am.

Can someone walk me through the timetable?

Breakfast opens at 7? The land is open a bit before 7:30? But then it opens to everyone by 9? And you can get breakfast until 10?

So I can leave with two kids to sign up for Jedi at some point. Also leave around 9 to ride something else outside of TSL and come back and get breakfast before it closes at 10...

The reports I've read of some guests being unhappy with wait times for rides and characters at certain times during the event, and the speculation that WDW is adding extra tickets to sold out dates, rather than hard capping attendance, is really disappointing. We aren't going until March, so there are a few months to go during which I hope TPTB iron out some of these issues. In the mean time, I hope people who aren't happy with their experience make sure they contact guest relations and don't just complain online. If they don't receive the negative feedback about overselling events, management will never rethink numbers. In fact, they may continue to creep them up.

Breakfast opens at 7? The land is open a bit before 7:30? But then it opens to everyone by 9? And you can get breakfast until 10?

So I can leave with two kids to sign up for Jedi at some point. Also leave around 9 to ride something else outside of TSL and come back and get breakfast before it closes at 10...

Yes to all :)

Are you allowed to sign up for Jedi without your child present with you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter