DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

@jkwilliams wasnlooking for spots that date, I think?
Thank yall so much for the heads up on tickets becoming available for March 6th! I have been checking nonstop and was able to get my last tickets today. What a relief! Also just fyi, if you are having to buy tickets one at a time (as they pop up available) like me, I had to actually call Disney Dining to buy over the phone because otherwise online it would recognize that I already had a ticket for the event and was automatically giving me the message that I had "other plans" at the exact same time.

We have EMM for March 20th at Hollywood Studios. With it being Spring Break and TSL being relatively new, it was worth it to us to splurge on the special ticket for HS and we actually did it for Magic Kingdom as well.

Has anyone tried to sign up for Jedi training after eating breakfast--around 10? I know it depends a lot on crowd levels but wondering if anyone has had success with this. Thx
We signed up before we went to breakfast. No issues.

Has anyone tried to sign up for Jedi training after eating breakfast--around 10? I know it depends a lot on crowd levels but wondering if anyone has had success with this. Thx
This is my biggest concern with our HS day. I’m not willing to wait in line for 30 mins to sign up for Jedi Training, but we are hopping to another park so need a show time before 1pm. Right now I’m planning to check on the line just after 9 and if it’s long we’ll swing by again after breakfast. I will be there in a week and will report back on how it works out.

This makes you our Designated DIS Reporter! Congrats on your new role! :-)[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:@GADisneyDad14 , I gladly accept this role! Although Disney is still telling me there’s no change on the 6th, I’m preparing for it anyway in my plans!

Just wanted to share our EMM experience, hearing from others really helped me decide whether to schedule it or not. We did EMM Monday 1/28, it was a sold out day. We are 2 adults so we could move quickly.

We were staying at the Swan so we walked over, I don't believe the boats were running yet, we didn't see any. We arrived just before 7am and went to grab a coffee and pastry. We joined the line into TSL around 7:15am, we were held until 7:22am. We went straight to Slinky and only waited a few minutes. We were on one of the first few trains.

We were able to accomplish the following:

SDD - 3 min wait
TSM - Walk on
Aliens - Waited for the current cycle to finish
SDD - 10 mins wait
TSM - Walk on
SDD - 5 min wait
TSM - Walk On

Lines for Jessie and Woody were long. Buzz was out by the TSL sign so I'm not sure how long his wait was. This was our second DHS day so we went and saw Minnie and Mickey at 9am (no wait). We had FPs for RNRC and TOT so we had breakfast at 9am before hitting the end of our RNRC window (9-10am) and doing TOT at the beginning of that window (10-11am).

We order multiple entree's for breakfast, they were all pretty good. We also both had fountain drinks. We thought the whole event was great and well worth the money

Now that the April dates are posted, any chance that Fridays for April will be added, or will it just be Mondays and Wednesdays?

This is my biggest concern with our HS day. I’m not willing to wait in line for 30 mins to sign up for Jedi Training, but we are hopping to another park so need a show time before 1pm. Right now I’m planning to check on the line just after 9 and if it’s long we’ll swing by again after breakfast. I will be there in a week and will report back on how it works out.

I’m also planning to park hop in the late afternoon and want to save our FP for then. So need to ride ToT and Star Tours at 9. Don’t want to waste 30 min of prime ride time in Jedi line! Will wait to hear how it goes!

Just wanted to share our EMM experience, hearing from others really helped me decide whether to schedule it or not. We did EMM Monday 1/28, it was a sold out day. We are 2 adults so we could move quickly.

We were staying at the Swan so we walked over, I don't believe the boats were running yet, we didn't see any. We arrived just before 7am and went to grab a coffee and pastry. We joined the line into TSL around 7:15am, we were held until 7:22am. We went straight to Slinky and only waited a few minutes. We were on one of the first few trains.

We were able to accomplish the following:

SDD - 3 min wait
TSM - Walk on
Aliens - Waited for the current cycle to finish
SDD - 10 mins wait
TSM - Walk on
SDD - 5 min wait
TSM - Walk On

Lines for Jessie and Woody were long. Buzz was out by the TSL sign so I'm not sure how long his wait was. This was our second DHS day so we went and saw Minnie and Mickey at 9am (no wait). We had FPs for RNRC and TOT so we had breakfast at 9am before hitting the end of our RNRC window (9-10am) and doing TOT at the beginning of that window (10-11am).

We order multiple entree's for breakfast, they were all pretty good. We also both had fountain drinks. We thought the whole event was great and well worth the money

Quick question - we are staying at the Swan for the first time next weekend and wanted to ask how long it took for you to walk from the Swan to HS? Its just DH and I and we are avid walkers so I was trying to guess what time we should leave the hotel for this event as we have it booked 2/18.

Your review was very helpful!!

Thanks!!

They let you order more than one hot breakfast per ticket? If so, that's awesome!

Loving these reviews. Hoping we can get the tickets. Called the other night for July, but they weren't released yet.

We did it 1/30. They were so flexible about ordering, some of our group got hot food both before and after riding. I ordered two dishes, my 2yo with no ticket got a breakfast, and my daughter was able to go back and order a plate of just donuts when she decided she liked them better than the chicken.

It was perfect- we ate breakfast before (I did not want to order but others in our group did, so I sat there not-very-patiently while they ate). We did SDD, AS2, then TSM, met Buzz then until the end half our group rode SDD and the other half TSM over and over again (line got shorter toward the end) until the rope drop crowds came. By the time we exited TSL around 9:00, the SDD wait was 70 minutes. We were so happy to be walking out of that crowd!

We did Jedi training sign ups right after, it took about 15 minutes, only the very first show was full by the time we signed up. Then we rode Star Tours and ate second breakfast.

The only thing was I wished I had brought a travel mug or water bottle to pour my soda into- as was common around WDW, they had open top cups with no lids or straws, and I would have liked to save a drink to sip for an hour or so after.

When you were walking out did you notice how long lines were for Buzz? Or what they were like throughout the event ?
Big kids are making aneelune to rock n roll coaster then meeting the littles and I at breakfast but the littles will def want to see buzz

We did it 1/30. They were so flexible about ordering, some of our group got hot food both before and after riding. I ordered two dishes, my 2yo with no ticket got a breakfast, and my daughter was able to go back and order a plate of just donuts when she decided she liked them better than the chicken.

It was perfect- we ate breakfast before (I did not want to order but others in our group did, so I sat there not-very-patiently while they ate). We did SDD, AS2, then TSM, met Buzz then until the end half our group rode SDD and the other half TSM over and over again (line got shorter toward the end) until the rope drop crowds came. By the time we exited TSL around 9:00, the SDD wait was 70 minutes. We were so happy to be walking out of that crowd!

We did Jedi training sign ups right after, it took about 15 minutes, only the very first show was full by the time we signed up. Then we rode Star Tours and ate second breakfast.

The only thing was I wished I had brought a travel mug or water bottle to pour my soda into- as was common around WDW, they had open top cups with no lids or straws, and I would have liked to save a drink to sip for an hour or so after.

When you were walking out did you notice how long lines were for Buzz? Or what they were like throughout the event ?
Big kids are making aneelune to rock n roll coaster then meeting the littles and I at breakfast but the littles will def want to see buzz

On the way out the Buzz line was behind the SDD line, so I didn't see it. But he generally had a very short line during the EMM period- we waited maybe 5 minutes when we met him.

I will have a two year old with our group if this is offerednwhen we go in July. Did you have to show any proof that the child was under 2.

Nobody asked his age at EMM... it was similar to when we entered the park on non-EMM days, occasionally someone would ask how old he was but usually we just went right in with him in the stroller. No proof needed.

Although, I do think they included him in our group count. When I booked the tickets, I did include him, and he showed up in the list as "infant- $0". So you probably want to include the 2yo when you make the reservation, like you would for a dining reservation.

Quick question - we are staying at the Swan for the first time next weekend and wanted to ask how long it took for you to walk from the Swan to HS? Its just DH and I and we are avid walkers so I was trying to guess what time we should leave the hotel for this event as we have it booked 2/18.

Your review was very helpful!!

Thanks!!

Around 10 min...give or take a min or two depending on your pace (although pace is always faster on the way to the park due to the anticipation)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter