DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I think I need liquid paper ha ha

My planning sheet looks like a jigsaw puzzle trying to list every possible strategy depending on the availability of EMM’s in May. If they don’t get published before my FP window it’s going to be a train wreck. Open...open...open....

I don’t even want to think about the possibility of after hours.....

I will have a two year old with our group if this is offerednwhen we go in July. Did you have to show any proof that the child was under 2.

My son was a week shy of his 3rd birthday when we went and we didn’t have to show any kind of proof of age for him anywhere...not at the tapstiles, not at ADRs, nowhere. I didn’t even bring proof with me. If they’d asked, I’d have just told them he was 2 and moved on.

We did it 1/30 and out tally was sddx4,TSMMx2 and as2x1.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that the lines for sdd are 10-15 minutes. I definitely think they are selling too many tickets. I also dislike that unless you are one of the first few in line, you won't see woody and Jessie without a very long wait, cutting into ride time. I feel like maybe you should be able to have some kind of return ticket for later in the day to meet the characters.

Even before they started with all the new rides offered for mk EMM, was thekine for 7dmt 10-15 minutes pretty consistently?

Even before they started with all the new rides offered for mk EMM, was thekine for 7dmt 10-15 minutes pretty consistently?

That's about right early on / first thing at MK EMM, then it starts to trail off later on, generally speaking from reports. Our last pre-change MK EMM we were getting kind of grumbly over the wait because it was consistently back to the cave/mine entrance. Of course, this kind of thing (just like SDD waits) can vary event-to-event based on the whims of the crowd at that particular moment in time.

Nobody asked his age at EMM... it was similar to when we entered the park on non-EMM days, occasionally someone would ask how old he was but usually we just went right in with him in the stroller. No proof needed.

Although, I do think they included him in our group count. When I booked the tickets, I did include him, and he showed up in the list as "infant- $0". So you probably want to include the 2yo when you make the reservation, like you would for a dining reservation.[/QUOTE
Thank you so much for the information

We did EMM this morning.

Was at poly bus stop at 6:20. Bus came at 6:36 and we were at HS around 6:50. Got through the long walk and then security and scanning in. Got wristbands and headed to wait by Chinese theater around 7:07. Encouraged us to eat breakfast and that the rides don’t open til 7:30 but thanks to you all I knew better. right at 7:15 they led us back and we were towards front of pack. Did slinky and was maybe 2nd car for that and then went to where Jessie and woody meet. Got there at 7:28 and they showed up at 7:33. We waited a good 10-15 min even with being there right at 7:30

After that meet we did saucers once then slinky two more times (10 min wait and 7 min wait for slinky). Posted wait was 15 min . We then had to take a kid to bathroom (I’m like really do you know how much I paid we don’t have time for this! Lol)
Met buzz
Then did tsm once and ended with slinky at about a 3 min wait. Wanted to go back on again but by 7:51 rope drop crowd was already there.
Here’s the rundown:
Saucers 1x
Tsm 1x
Met woody and Jessie
Met buzz
Slinky 4x

We left and went straight to jedi signups and were in line by 8:58. We waited 38 min to sign up for jedi training.

Got the breakfast around 9:45.

It was worth it ...great event although with kids ages 4, 7 and 8 it is tough having a 5:30 alarm but still worth it.

@Maine Disney First Timer - Thanks for the report, and for the Jedi Training detail. Do you happen to remember what the earliest time available was when you got to the sign-up? Just tracking for informational purposes. Txs!

Around 10 min...give or take a min or two depending on your pace (although pace is always faster on the way to the park due to the anticipation)
FABULOUS!!! I will plan on 10 minutes but give us a few more to get DH out the door - he doesn't know we have a 7am reservation at DH that morning!!

Thank you!!

I was there last Wednesday.
-Bus from CSR arrived at 6:05 and, at 6:17, I was one of the first few parties to arrive at DHS. You could probably take a later bus but I was worried about how often they came that early.

4B2F0FD9-13C5-4ED6-A1AC-D72621C02206.png
54C63F44-57B6-471E-9FEA-C5919650D932.jpeg
AD307E6F-DAAC-4066-9139-25953399CFBA.jpeg

AFE6AEE5-EDA8-4118-969B-BA68A36CBF1B.jpeg

Last edited:
We did it 1/30 and out tally was sddx4,TSMMx2 and as2x1.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that the lines for sdd are 10-15 minutes. I definitely think they are selling too many tickets. I also dislike that unless you are one of the first few in line, you won't see woody and Jessie without a very long wait, cutting into ride time. I feel like maybe you should be able to have some kind of return ticket for later in the day to meet the characters.

We did it on 1/30 and I agree with this. For a special event I don’t think SDD lines should be at 15 minutes. I know people are big on character interaction, but in my opinion Jessie and Woody were taking way too much time with each family. Everyone who has tickets should at least be able to get a photo, and I know there were people behind me who had to wait through 2-3 breaks that they took to even get their turn. That isn’t right when the event is only slightly over an hour.

(I was there last Wednesday, cont from post 2390)

Those not eating lined up in front of the Chinese Theater.At 7:18 we were walked into Toy Story Land.
2CCC884A-749E-4283-9D53-C123CD5A7583.jpeg

-I boarded Slinky Dog for my first ride at 7:23.
FED08D56-2A27-4C93-929E-6BB75E21EADA.jpeg

During the the event I was able to ride:

Slinky Dog X 3

1st and 2nd rides were walk ons, 3rd trip (after riding TSMM X 3) had maybe a 10 minute wait.
3DB743E6-8583-4A24-8BBC-13FB8E0A2D94.jpeg

Toy Story X 3

Alien Saucers X 1
AE5C3AE3-156C-4C81-BCCA-F5B45733C11E.jpeg

I then rope dropped Rock-n-Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. There was a short wait for RnRC to start up, TOT was a walk on.

I arrived at ABC Commissary at 9:25 and it was fairly full. I had the shrimp and grits and the avocado toast. Both were absolutely fine although I preferred the old buffet-style setup at Pinocchio’s. I ended up wasting a lot of my grits.

I thought the event was great and well run. I probably won’t do it again but that’s because the included attractions don’t appeal to me as much as some others. If you’re a Slinky Dog or Toy Story Fan I say go for it!

My breakfast pix won’t load. Error message says “file too large”. Any tips?

ETA: My breakfast pix won’t upload. Error message says “file too large”. Any tips?

A simple trick I do if I need to do it quickly and/or am not at my computer is to email pics to myself and pick the medium or large file size. When I get the email, I then save those image files, then upload those to post.

This is for an iPhone, not sure if other platforms give you the option to lower the file size when emailing.

Hope that makes sense.

I’d like to do this for our trip in September. How far in advance can you buy tickets for this? What’s the best way to be alerted when they go on sale?
Thanks!

I’d like to do this for our trip in September. How far in advance can you buy tickets for this? What’s the best way to be alerted when they go on sale?
Thanks!

This post tracks the date release history: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...gic-emm-faq-discussion.3701980/#post-59644645

EMM (both this one and the MK EMM one) tends to be all over the place in terms of when dates are released for booking. One of the better ways to ‘track’ when dates are released is to watch this thread and keep an eyeball on it from time to time. When dates are released, it’ll get noted/discussed quickly around here. There are some that make “checking” for new dates part of their morning routine, not that I know anything about that. :-)

We did it on 1/30 and I agree with this. For a special event I don’t think SDD lines should be at 15 minutes. I know people are big on character interaction, but in my opinion Jessie and Woody were taking way too much time with each family. Everyone who has tickets should at least be able to get a photo, and I know there were people behind me who had to wait through 2-3 breaks that they took to even get their turn. That isn’t right when the event is only slightly over an hour.

Good to know I'm not alone. I might drop a note to Disney with my specific concerns as well as suggestion that the character someone have some sort of fast pass for later (I understand they don't have fastpasses).

Also, no one once asked to see our wristband in line for entry to tsl. Seems like once you're past the gates, no one asks to see it other than to enter the commissary. What is to stop people from walking out of h&v and entering tsl at 8am? (I'm not quite sure what time PPO reservations start) I know I posted before an account of someone who did that a few months ago.

I wonder if they have a rope keeping them from getting that far-?
Also, no one once asked to see our wristband in line for entry to tsl. Seems like once you're past the gates, no one asks to see it other than to enter the commissary. What is to stop people from walking out of h&v and entering tsl at 8am? (I'm not quite sure what time PPO reservations start) I know I posted before an account of someone who did that a few months ago.

Good to know I'm not alone. I might drop a note to Disney with my specific concerns as well as suggestion that the character someone have some sort of fast pass for later (I understand they don't have fastpasses).
I was thinking of emailing them too - and I know we’re not the only ones because my family was the last one to go up to Woody/Jessie (they had already taken a break while we were waiting) and so the families behind me had to go through another break and I know they weren’t happy about it - especially after we had already been waiting for about 25 minutes. If I knew they were going to be spending that much time with each group I wouldn’t have gotten in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter