DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

The 6:30 am bus from the Poly is empty except us. Weather looks great. On the way.
Cool have a great time. Do you plan on doing tower of terror or rock and roller coaster after without using fast passes? I was curious about what the wait times would be

Went to book for July but have a question. My son is currently 9 but will be 10 by the time we visit in July. The system is charging him for a child ticket and not taking into account he’ll be a Disney adult at the time of visit. Not sure what to do.

GRRRRRRR I didn't get my email confirmation. It's showing up in MDE though, so I guess I'm ok. There used to be a way to send a duplicate confirmation email of the reservations, but I can't find it anymore. Anyone know if it is still there somewhere?
I did get an email confirmation immediately. I printed it out like I do all my plans. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Went to book for July but have a question. My son is currently 9 but will be 10 by the time we visit in July. The system is charging him for a child ticket and not taking into account he’ll be a Disney adult at the time of visit. Not sure what to do.
Book it and done worry about it. They have his date of birth and aren't making the correction

There's no easy straight forward way to fix this.

Children who turn 10 in between booking prepaid events/shows/meals and the actual date get charged the child rate when booking. When you show up, it won't be an issue.

If you are uncomfortable with this, you can ask at check in to change the price for him from child to adult. However, I would wager the CM would say not to worry about it.

Do NOT try to get it fixed after he turns 10, but before arrival. They would have to cancel and rebook you, and there's always a chance you could lose the ADR completely when they do this.

I had this same issue with my youngest who is now 2, but will be 3 at the time of arrival. It wasn't charging me for her. I wish that'd be the case, but I know it won't be. I called and the CM modified my reservation and I just paid for her separately. So, now it's showing as a random 4th child guest on MDE. I'll add her as the family member after she turns 3 if the CM update of her name doesn't stick. My situation is probably a little different, though, as I there's a big difference of $69 and $10 differences! I was afraid they would say she didn't have a ticket and it'd be sold out, and unable to get in.

Yay! Booked for June 3 for 7! Looking forward to this event! We've done the old style Fantasyland EMM and loved it. Now I just need to figure out the game plan for what to do at 8:45. I would love to go rope drop Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror then do breakfast, but I have 3 kids 6, 3, & 2 in tow. Some how I think they will slow us down with the stroller and then not make it all they way to breakfast in time. Maybe just do Star Tours then breakfast.

Yay, I was finally able to schedule this for June 17th, the last piece of the puzzle to fit in (except for the possibility of DAH, which I suspect won't happen during our trip). Now if only they hadn't done the huge cluster with FPs and split stays a couple of days ago, this trip would have all fallen into place nicely. Disney always manages to throw in some kind to curve ball at the last minute (Disney speak last minute lol) o_O

Here this morning 2/25.

Quick overview

Left all stars movies by car at 6:30.
Arrived in Hs parking at 6:40. Parking attendants are great

Through all check in by 7.

They DEFINITELY try to steer you to the breakfast. Don’t go!!

We were like first five families on line for entry and we started walking by 7:20. They do try to keep it fair if you have strollers.

But by the time we were IN the land we were not ahead at all so we headed right to TSM. We did it twice in a row.

By 7:50 we went to do Aliens.

Then we split. I took my 7 year old on slinky. We got online at 8:02 and were off by 8:14. My dh took 4 and 2 year old on aliens.

Then we switched. He took 7 year old on slinky and he was off much quicker and me and other two kids did aliens 2x.

It was now 8:35. We went back on two more times to TSM. Then the crowds came in by 8:50.

Soooooo worth it!!!! We lingered and took pictures the whole time. I didn’t feel rushed at all.

We prob should have headed over to Jedi signups quicker. When we left at 9 it was a 35-40 min wait. And then we got breakfast. It was ok although I loved the Spanish egg dish with avocado.

Here this morning 2/25.

Quick overview

We were like first five families on line for entry and we started walking by 7:20. They do try to keep it fair if you have strollers.

But by the time we were IN the land we were not ahead at all so we headed right to TSM. We did it twice in a row.

Then we split. I took my 7 year old on slinky. We got online at 8:02 and were off by 8:14. My dh took 4 and 2 year old on aliens.

Then we switched. He took 7 year old on slinky and he was off much quicker and me and other two kids did aliens 2x.

It was now 8:35. We went back on two more times to TSM. Then the crowds came in by 8:50.

Soooooo worth it!!!! We lingered and took pictures the whole time. I didn’t feel rushed at all.

We prob should have headed over to Jedi signups quicker. When we left at 9 it was a 35-40 min wait. And then we got breakfast. It was ok although I loved the Spanish egg dish with avocado.
Thanks for this review! I'm not sure if my (very tall) three year old will ride SDD or not, so glad to hear it all worked out switching off. Did you also do the Woody & Jesse and Buzz M&Gs? I'm wondering at what point we should try and fit those in. I just don't want to waste too much precious time during EMM in their lines.

Great morning at EMM today!

Arrived on foot from Dolphin. Left about 6:25 and arrived at bag check about 6:40-6:45. Once through got our wrist bands and headed straight into breakfast for a coffee and pastry. We were slowed by a two year old who didn't sleep well last night with a tantrum in the middle of back lot but walked outside to hear the announcement at 7:18 that Andy's backyard was open. Arrived in the land at 7:25 to see at least 8 parties already lined up for Woody and Jesse. Said two year old was not going to do well with that and 7 year old wanted to maximize rides so change of plans, got on TSM instead. Walked through and right on to next cart. Off at 7:42 and on to SDD. Posted wait was 15 minutes and I was worried because the line started at the entrance but obviously not even close to all the switchbacks were in use and we were on in 8 minutes. A little regrouping to swap the 2 year old (who rode AS2 while waiting) and a few pictures then one group headed to SDD about 8:05 while the other did AS2 twice. By then it was 8:20. One group went for another SDD ride while the other repeated TSM. SDD group was done first but I didn't get exact wait time. They strolled checking out the land, looking at W&J and Buzz greeting others which was enough for the 2 year old. At 8:40 TSM group rejoined and we got a group photo in front of the Toy Story Land sign and headed out. We were headed up the ramp to the front of the theater when the masses turned the corner after the archway right at 8:45. It really was a sight and my group then realized why I'd been shooing them along after our last picture. We headed to Jedi training sign ups and got there about 8:55. Decent sized line but were through at 9:10 and had a choice of any show time. The line was significantly longer at 9:10 than when we got in it, probably by double. We headed off to eat and relax and enjoy the cooler more seasonable temps today compared to almost 90 yesterday. Then did 10:20 Jedi Training, met Olaf and now 11:30 Frozen sing along before getting out for a rest.

I really can't stress enough how great we thought this was, even without getting in tons of rides. Each person got at least one turn on each ride, some two, a chance to check out the land at a leisurely pace without crowds and minimal to no waits. Really awesome!

Sorry for the stream of conscious write up, just wanted to get it down quickly before I forgot since others' write-ups really helped me.

Last edited:
Okay, after all the glowing reviews, I booked it for us on July 8. It will be our first time at TSL, so wanted to make it nice.

Question for those who have done it: Is it possible/advisable to leave when the main crowd arrives and go do Rockin' Roller Coaster or should we not try to do that and go directly to breakfast? Seems like there is a good hour or so in there where we could pop over and do RRC, but I'd love to hear experiences. We don't want to miss breakfast b/c this will be our brunch, basically, since we'll just skip lunch and have an early dinner.

Here this morning 2/25.

Quick overview

Thanks for sharing your experience

Great morning at EMM today!

Arrived on foot from Dolphin. Left about 6:25 and arrived at bag check about 6:40-6:45. Once through got our wrist bands and headed straight into breakfast for a coffee and pastry. We were slowed by a two year old who didn't sleep well last night with a tantrum in the middle of back lot but walked outside to hear the announcement at 7:18 that Andy's backyard was open. Arrived in the land at 7:25 to see at least 8 parties already lined up for Woody and Jesse. Said two year old was not going to do well with that and 7 year old wanted to maximize rides so change of plans, got on TSM instead. Walked through and right on to next cart. Off at 7:42 and on to SDD. Posted wait was 15 minutes and I was worried because the line started at the entrance but obviously not even close to all the switchbacks were in use and we were on in 8 minutes. A little regrouping to swap the 2 year old (who rode AS2 while waiting) and a few pictures then one group headed to SDD about 8:05 while the other did AS2 twice. By then it was 8:20. One group went for another SDD ride while the other repeated TSM. SDD group was done first but I didn't get exact wait time. They strolled checking out the land, looking at W&J and Buzz greeting others which was enough for the 2 year old. At 8:40 TSM group rejoined and we got a group photo in front of the Toy Story Land sign and headed out. We were headed up the ramp to the front of the theater when the masses turned the corner after the archway right at 8:45. It really was a sight and my group then realized why I'd been shooing them along after our last picture. We headed to Jedi training sign ups and got there about 8:55. Decent sized line but were through at 9:10 and had a choice of any show time. The line was significantly longer at 9:10 than when we got in it, probably by double. We headed off to eat and relax and enjoy the cooler more seasonable temps today compared to almost 90 yesterday. Then did 10:20 Jedi Training, met Olaf and now 11:30 Frozen sing along before getting out for a rest.

I really can't stress enough how great we thought this was, even without getting in tons of rides. Each person got at least one turn on each ride, some two, a chance to check out the land at a leisurely pace without crowds and minimal to no waits. Really awesome!

Sorry for the stream of conscious write up, just wanted to get it down quickly before I forgot since others' write-ups really helped me.
Thanks for sharing your experience .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter