DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

It looks like they opened up a bunch of slots which isn’t good. I checked for 14 people and they had availability. I fear they are going to sell too many tickets and defeat the whole purpose of little wait times.
When did they add the 7:00 times for late June/July?

It looks like they opened up a bunch of slots which isn’t good. I checked for 14 people and they had availability. I fear they are going to sell too many tickets and defeat the whole purpose of little wait times.

Not good indeed. 6/5 had previously been sold out, and now it will let me choose 49 people and still give me a time. Makes me very wary.

Not good indeed. 6/5 had previously been sold out, and now it will let me choose 49 people and still give me a time. Makes me very wary.
They are watering down the experience, I am very disappointed. I never thought they would add more after they already added the 7:00 time slot at the end of March.

They are watering down the experience, I am very disappointed. I never thought they would add more after they already added the 7:00 time slot at the end of March.

We went for the first time the end of March on a sold out morning and it was very nice- not crowded at all and it was a wonderful experience- not sure what you mean by watered down. We were able to do everything we wanted. I have a teenager and she didn’t want to do the meet and greets so really not sure how long the lines were. However. since there was no line I did get a photo with Buzz. No problems finding seats at breakfast either.

It would really be disappointing if they did add more capacity because the land is small with not much to do so long lines wouldn’t make this worth the cost.

We went for the first time the end of March on a sold out morning and it was very nice- not crowded at all and it was a wonderful experience- not sure what you mean by watered down. We were able to do everything we wanted. I have a teenager and she didn’t want to do the meet and greets so really not sure how long the lines were. However. since there was no line I did get a photo with Buzz. No problems finding seats at breakfast either.

It would really be disappointing if they did add more capacity because the land is small with not much to do so long lines wouldn’t make this worth the cost.
June 5th has already been sold out twice and now they have added more tickets a 3rd time. When does sold out really mean sold out. However, it does make me feel better that the day you went it was sold out and your family still a great experience.

I find all the extra tickets now available very concerning. With only 3 rides the extra people will be noticeable. While my event isn’t until mid-July I am curious how this will affect the crowds. I sent an email expressing my concern to guest services. It just reminds me of what the did to the parties.

I finally did it! I didn’t decide soon enough for Memorial Day, and it was sold out by the time I talked my husband into it. We have a party of 9 traveling together. I’ve been checking 3-4 times a day for a month and a half now. Grabbed a party of 4 about a month ago, a party of 2 a couple weeks ago, and yesterday got the last 3 I needed! Woohoo!

We’ve done this twice and the wait for Slinky during both events has been 15-20 minutes for the first 45 minutes of the event. It’s never been a walk on or a one train wait at any point during the event either time we went.

I think Disney is a bit misleading in how they market it.

We got 4 rides in on Slinky this week on Monday between 7:52 and 8:40.

We’ve done this twice and the wait for Slinky during both events has been 15-20 minutes for the first 45 minutes of the event. It’s never been a walk on or a one train wait at any point during the event either time we went.

I think Disney is a bit misleading in how they market it.

We got 4 rides in on Slinky this week on Monday between 7:52 and 8:40.
How many times were you able to ride Toy Story? What was the wait on Toy Story?

Last edited:
Hi,

I am doing this EMM with my 6-year-old daughter on May 27 (Memorial Day).

After, we were hoping to head right to Rock n Roller Coaster, then Tower of Terror, then breakfast.

After breakfast, we are planning to head to Epcot, which is where we have our fast passes.

It seems like wait times for Tower of terror have been up lately, plus it is a holiday. Is it realistic to expect to be able to get both of those done before breakfast? If so, what time should we leave toy story land, 840?

Thank you!
They are doing a refurb on TOT right now. That is why the wait times are up and they have limited FP's. The ride is still up and running, but not using all the elevators.

They are doing a refurb on TOT right now. That is why the wait times are up and they have limited FP's. The ride is still up and running, but not using all the elevators.
Thanks. Given that, do you think it is unrealistic to be able to leave EMM and do both Rockin roller coaster and Tower of terror at rope drop and get back in time to do breakfast before they stop serving?

Thanks. Given that, do you think it is unrealistic to be able to leave EMM and do both Rockin roller coaster and Tower of terror at rope drop and get back in time to do breakfast before they stop serving?
I really don't know. We have never done HS EMM, but this was our exact plan too. I think it still would work if you got to RRC ahead of the rope drop crowds. Hopefully some that has just gone and did this plan will tell us how it worked for them. I am a little worried about them not really refilling items past 9:30 now. We have done MK EMM a few times and have always eaten around 9:45 and they were always refiling things.

We have reservations for the end of July, and I'm going to be watching this thread closely for updates. I appreciate everyone's willingness to share their experiences so we can determine whether or not it's worth the cost for our group.

How many times were you able to ride Toy Story? What was the wait on Toy Story?
We didn’t ride it until right before the rope drop crowds came at 8:45.

We did J/W and Buzz from 7:20-7:45ish. (We were first for J/W but we had to wait for them to come out). Then Slinky 4 times. Then Midway Mania right before the crowds came in.

From talking to others it was a walk on the whole event. We went through the FP line at 8:45.

We are going June 3rd and i will report a week later how it went. Does anyone know who has already done it if you go in the FP line for the entire event or just in the last 15 minutes when the RD crowd is included?

We are going June 3rd and i will report a week later how it went. Does anyone know who has already done it if you go in the FP line for the entire event or just in the last 15 minutes when the RD crowd is included?
Event only goes until 8:45 ride wise. It doesn’t overlap with the rope drop crowds. So no FP line.

So we were able to do both, but it would’ve been pushing it had we not had a FP for ToT. The line had built pretty quickly by the time we finished RNR, and we had gotten on the first train at 845. Part of the problem that day may have been the fact that ToT didn’t open until closer to 9. I think it really depends on the day given the repairs on ToT. I’ve never seen the line as long that early, and we’ve always gone during less crowded times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter