DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thanks. Given that, do you think it is unrealistic to be able to leave EMM and do both Rockin roller coaster and Tower of terror at rope drop and get back in time to do breakfast before they stop serving?
Given the ToT issues, we changed our plans for after emm. Originally we were going to do RnRC and ToT before breakfast.

Now, we have FP for both RnRC and ToT. Instead of rushing out to beat the RD crowds down sunset, we’re going to get that extra TSL ride in, and then ride Star Tours and sign up for Jedi before breakfast. Much more relaxing.

Only question I have is whether to do Star Tours first or sign up for Jedi training first.

Given the ToT issues, we changed our plans for after emm. Originally we were going to do RnRC and ToT before breakfast.

Now, we have FP for both RnRC and ToT. Instead of rushing out to beat the RD crowds down sunset, we’re going to get that extra TSL ride in, and then ride Star Tours and sign up for Jedi before breakfast. Much more relaxing.

Only question I have is whether to do Star Tours first or sign up for Jedi training first.
Jedi Training. On Monday it was a 30 min+ wait by 9:15. Booking 12:20 shows and later.

I just booked this for my June trip. We have fp starting at 10:10 at Ak. Will we have enough time to make it to Ak for our first fp.

I just booked this for my June trip. We have fp starting at 10:10 at Ak. Will we have enough time to make it to Ak for our first fp.
You have until 11:10 for your FP not even including a few minutes grace period. If you eat right at 9, it shouldn’t be a problem.

We will probably head out of toy story land as soon as the rope drop crowds come and head straight to breakfast.

What time do they start serving breakfast? Would it be possible to eat first?

We will probably head out of toy story land as soon as the rope drop crowds come and head straight to breakfast.

Yes, you can eat first. You can eat as soon as they let you into the park.

You could eat first, but I wouldn’t in your situation.

I’d hit TSL hard as early as you can and then head out 8:45-8:55ish when the rope drop crowd arrives. Eat from 9-9:30ish, then off to DAK.

With a FP window from 10:10-11:10 (and 11:25 with the grace period), you should have plenty of time to make it to DAK/whatever ride this is under most normal circumstances, whether driving or park to park bus, unless you move particularly slowly or just have really crummy transportation luck.

You could eat first, but I wouldn’t in your situation.

I’d hit TSL hard as early as you can and then head out 8:45-8:55ish when the rope drop crowd arrives. Eat from 9-9:30ish, then off to DAK.

With a FP window from 10:10-11:10 (and 11:25 with the grace period), you should have plenty of time to make it to DAK/whatever ride this is under most normal circumstances, whether driving or park to park bus, unless you move particularly slowly or just have really crummy transportation luck.
I didn’t know they had park to park buses.

Yup. For what they charge for hopper tickets, it’s the least they can do to actually help you move between parks. :goodvibes
I thought you had to pay extra for that and Disney quit doing it. I have seen them mention it on Ryan’s forum News Roundup, but I thought they were always saying it was gone and they wished Disney would bring it back. I learned something new. Thanks!

I thought you had to pay extra for that and Disney quit doing it. I have seen them mention it on Ryan’s forum News Roundup, but I thought they were always saying it was gone and they wished Disney would bring it back. I learned something new. Thanks!
No you don’t pay for it. We used it a couple times last year. I think I read the one Disney used to charge for was in a special location. These busses were with the regular Disney busses. There were signs for them

The buses/service that took you from inside one park to inside another park are gone. They still do buses from outside the parks, near the resort buses, park to park.

I know this is probably the million dollar question, but...any speculation as to whether EMM will continue and/or change with the opening of SWGE?

I know EMM will be on hiatus for the foreseeable future. Does anyone have any speculation as to when it would re-start, if ever? And what changes would be made to it, if any?

I tend to think that IF it comes back, they will probably keep it with Toy Story Land, just because it is a smaller area, easier to keep crowds contained to the 3 main attractions...I feel like SWGE will be so vast that it doesn't lend itself well to it. But that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah, that was the paid "Express Pass Bus" (or something like that) that had pick-up and drop off points inside each park, so you could bypass security, etc. It was short lived.

There have always been (and continue to be) free park-to-park buses available "out front" where the resort buses are located, so that's what you'll want to use in your situation (if you're relying on Disney transportation).

Yeah, that was the paid "Express Pass Bus" (or something like that) that had pick-up and drop off points inside each park, so you could bypass security, etc. It was short lived.

There have always been (and continue to be) free park-to-park buses available "out front" where the resort buses are located, so that's what you'll want to use in your situation (if you're relying on Disney transportation).
We plan to drive to the park for our EMM, but this is something we will definitely use during our trip.

This please post on how your plans worked for you. I would be interested in hearing.

Jedi Training. On Monday it was a 30 min+ wait by 9:15. Booking 12:20 shows and later.
We're planning on signing up for the 6:20 show. Hopefully the heat will be a less intense (and it won't be raining).

If we get there around 9, and it's a 30 min wait, we wont' have time for star tours before breakfast.

Maybe we should do star tours first, and one adult go order breakfast for the family, and the other take the kids to sign up.

Gotta think this through...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter