DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I just switched my reservation to 7:00 AM on the 22nd as well. I can't imagine the 7:00 time would be any disadvantage and maybe you will get a slight advantage, but realistically i bet we will all be let in the same time.

I have cancelled dessert parties before and the refunds usually show up on your credit card in 1-2 days.

I tend to agree...I’m not sure there was any “value” to switching, but at this point, we just don’t know for sure.

We will be there bright and early on the same day!

I feel as though December 5th is one of the few dates with only 7:30 still. You can still book for 10.

Fingers crossed that means low crowds that week?! But more likely it's still far out, so people haven't booked it yet.

So for the people switching from 7:30 to 7:00, is the reasoning that it might be an advantage just a guess? Or is there some information that people have been given about the time slots?

I feel as though December 5th is one of the few dates with only 7:30 still. You can still book for 10.

Fingers crossed that means low crowds that week?! But more likely it's still far out, so people haven't booked it yet.

We are booked for next week and so far there is only the 7:30 am slot. It seems to be booked up as I can't even bring up a reservation for 2. Maybe they are not adding the 7 am slot for my date? Maybe because it is the first date?

We are booked for next week and so far there is only the 7:30 am slot. It seems to be booked up as I can't even bring up a reservation for 2. Maybe they are not adding the 7 am slot for my date? Maybe because it is the first date?
I'm excited to hear your report though! Please come back and tell us all about it!!!

So for the people switching from 7:30 to 7:00, is the reasoning that it might be an advantage just a guess? Or is there some information that people have been given about the time slots?

I switched just because of a guess, although I’m in agreement with the suspicion that they’ll let everyone in at the same time. But if there’s even a slight chance I can get in earlier, I’m going to take it.

I have been thinking the same thing. We will report back after, too. I will be excited to hear how our experiences compare.

Any thought's if this will be offered over the holidays? It seems as though other tours start again on 6th Jan - we leave on the 5th :sad2:

Same as other, no information.
Just about as certain as one can be, short of an announcement, that everyone will be allowed in at the same time.
Disney simply has too much past history of this exact type of thing, issuing different times for things to start yet allowing everyone in at the same time.

They are handling this like an ADR and for all we know, MDE may have a cap built into it for how many "ADR" it can take per time slot and since Disney can't change that cap the only choice they have is to issue a 2nd ADR time, to give the system enough openings for the event. If that makes sense. For instance, (just my W.A.G and just tossing numbers for example, not saying these are the numbers they use) say MDE allows 100 ADR at 7:30 but they want to allow 200 guests. They can't allow 200 ADR at 7:30, MDE won't let them so they have to make a 2nd time slot. And the days that don't have a 2nd one? They forgot to turn it on. Some things like this are nothing more than a checkbox on the website design page. They have to check the box to make it show up on your screens. Someone may have neglected to check the correct box on those dates.

Any thought's if this will be offered over the holidays? It seems as though other tours start again on 6th Jan - we leave on the 5th :sad2:
They normally do not offer these events then due to they'll change the park's opening hours (eventually).
The parks will open too early to have an event prior to opening. Though I never like to say never.

Just switched to the 7 am on 11/28. I think they'll let everyone in at the same time. That is the right thing to do so they don't have a mutiny on their hands, but I figured the 7 am can't be a worse option than the 7:30.

I’m about to lose it. So I waited on phone for hour and half to make sure my emm is in system as it wasn’t showing. She told me that the morning of the event I have to go to will call and bring my cc and an id and wait at the window before I’m allowed in. I have a magic band why would I need to do that. Also why would I want to wait at a will call window when I bought this to ride the rides for an hour and half? Can someone tell me what’s going on cuz after being on the phone for days trying to get my tickets and passes straight I’m about to lose it. Vacation planning shouldn’t be this hard. ***

I'm going to feel bad for those poor people who booked 7:30 and aren't on these boards to find out there is a 7am option now! Maybe that is what Disney is hoping...

I don’t think it’s going to matter. I think everyone is going to be let in at the same time.

I don’t think it’s going to matter. I think everyone is going to be let in at the same time.

Oh I think so too, what I meant is that those people who don't know about the 7am slot being added will show up later than those who have the 7am time (so overall won't have as much time to ride).

Oh I think so too, what I meant is that those people who don't know about the 7am slot being added will show up later than those who have the 7am time (so overall won't have as much time to ride).

I think they’ll let everyone in at 7:30. Both time slots say that check-in begins at 7. Even with the 7:30 time slot, I was planning to be there to check in at 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter