DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Any thought's if this will be offered over the holidays? It seems as though other tours start again on 6th Jan - we leave on the 5th :sad2:
I doubt it. The parks tend to open earlier during the busy week of Christmas. I would think that HS will be one of those parks this year.

I’m about to lose it. So I waited on phone for hour and half to make sure my emm is in system as it wasn’t showing. She told me that the morning of the event I have to go to will call and bring my cc and an id and wait at the window before I’m allowed in. I have a magic band why would I need to do that. Also why would I want to wait at a will call window when I bought this to ride the rides for an hour and half? Can someone tell me what’s going on cuz after being on the phone for days trying to get my tickets and passes straight I’m about to lose it. Vacation planning shouldn’t be this hard. ***
The MDE system has been having major issues for the last couple of days, so things aren't showing up right even though they are actually booked in the system. Phone CM's are unfortunately notorious for giving out bad info. Unless your reservation is for the next couple of days, I'd just wait and check MDE again over the weekend to see if things clear up.

I had finally decided we would probably be let in at the same time and then I got this email after inquiring. Completely different from what I had been told. Two different times. It states clearly depending how on the time selected, that’s when you can go in tsland. This whole trip is such a mess; thinking of going to portofino. Just disgusted with disney

Attachments

• 9B31109A-51BE-40B3-9315-DB8DADDB53CD.png
    9B31109A-51BE-40B3-9315-DB8DADDB53CD.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 127
I had finally decided we would probably be let in at the same time and then I got this email after inquiring. Completely different from what I had been told. Two different times. It states clearly depending how on the time selected, that’s when you can go in tsland. This whole trip is such a mess; thinking of going to portofino. Just disgusted with disney

Honestly I bet the person responding to the emails doesn’t even know…. When is the first date with 2 timeslots? We will probably have to wait until then to find out.

Hate to be negative here, but in my opinion I don't believe ANYTHING phone CMs, chat CMs, bus drivers, TAs, or anyone says about how these two times will work. They may be right, or they may be regurgitating some script. They may just make up something that sounds good or reasonable (which is kind of what that transcript looks like to me).

This is a classic case of we won’t “really” know what’s in store until 10/1 reports come in. (with apologies to the 10/1 guinea pigs!)

Is that from a customer service rep? I trust them as much as I trust the phone reps. That is...not at all. I’m still extremely skeptical that they’re charging the same price, but allowing some people 30 additional minutes.

It’s such a hot mess. Nobody knows anything. This is no way to treat customers. They all say something different. Who’s accountable?

do you think they would possibly try to make the 7:00 people leave 30 min earlier than the 7:30 people? Like 1 group 7-8:15 and and a second 7:30-8:45? I can’t see why, but that’s the only way I see an actual two time slot working (even though I don’t actually think that would work or be worth the time and effort to separate them, and I don’t really see a benefit to doing that). I’ll tell you what, as I’ve said before, if the people who booked after me for the same price get 30 min more than I do, and they make us wait to enter until 7:30 when another group gets to go in at 7, I will not take that well and depending on my mood that morning this might be one of those times you here about when a guest is throwing a fit and others are around to witness it! I know I could just switch, but I just can’t bring myself to believe Disney would screw the people who booked first, And that if one slot would be “better” it would be the original one! I would be so annoyed with myself if I switched to something that turns out to be worse, so so far I’m sticking with it. I think the 7:00 will sell out, so then I’ll be committed. I’m just going to plan on getting there a little before 7 and see what happens. But I guess we’ll find out sooner, since they added so many dates with the 2 times.

do you think they would possibly try to make the 7:00 people leave 30 min earlier than the 7:30 people? Like 1 group 7-8:15 and and a second 7:30-8:45? I can’t see why, but that’s the only way I see an actual two time slot working (even though I don’t actually think that would work or be worth the time and effort to separate them, and I don’t really see a benefit to doing that). I’ll tell you what, as I’ve said before, if the people who booked after me for the same price get 30 min more than I do, and they make us wait to enter until 7:30 when another group gets to go in at 7, I will not take that well and depending on my mood that morning this might be one of those times you here about when a guest is throwing a fit and others are around to witness it! I know I could just switch, but I just can’t bring myself to believe Disney would screw the people who booked first, And that if one slot would be “better” it would be the original one! I would be so annoyed with myself if I switched to something that turns out to be worse, so so far I’m sticking with it. I think the 7:00 will sell out, so then I’ll be committed. I’m just going to plan on getting there a little before 7 and see what happens. But I guess we’ll find out sooner, since they added so many dates with the 2 times.
No

The person was talking out of their you know what

I think they’ll let everyone in at 7:30. Both time slots say that check-in begins at 7. Even with the 7:30 time slot, I was planning to be there to check in at 7.
I'm the opposite. I think everyone will be let in at 7:00

ETA - changed my mind. I do think they'll hold everyone like they do at MK and we'll get in at 7:30

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I think everyone will be let in at 7:00

ETA - changed my mind. I do think they'll hold everyone like they do at MK and we'll get in at 7:30

I’d be very happy if they let us in at 7! But yeah...I think they’ll check everyone in from 7-7:30 and then open the gate.

We are going on 10/22. They just added a 7am time slot. I changed to 7am I don't want to chance being let in later. I have a feeling they put 7am so people will just show up earlier but who knows. I wish someone had an answer

I've been hemming and hawing over whether to switch to 7:00. But it seems like having two groups go in at two different times, and making sure the right group gets in first and the second group is held until their designated time slot would take a lot of organization and coordination. Soooo, somehow that just doesn't seem likely.

Uh oh. I feel like this is new:

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, breakfast may be available as early as 7:00 AM.
Thy better not make us 7am people eat at 7am! It used to say breakfast would be available from 8:30-10 and now it just says “available until 10”

Uh oh. I feel like this is new:

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, breakfast may be available as early as 7:00 AM.
Thy better not make us 7am people eat at 7am! It used to say breakfast would be available from 8:30-10 and now it just says “available until 10”

I’m not sure how they would be able to enforce that. Have different color wristbands for different groups? Everyone is going to be checking in together...it seems like that would be a logistical fiasco. Perhaps they’re opening breakfast early for everyone and then the rides all open at the same time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter