diabetic diet

As a diabetic, you are not on a particular 'diet' per se, asking about it as a diet to a chef is not very helpful. The most they do is push sugar free selections which is 'not' helpful. Each person has to learn to manage their own balance of carbs, proteins, fats etc. You (general) have your own responsibility to track your intake and manage accordingly - ask your Dr!!

I get that sugar free items can be just as "bad" as non sugar free items. I just went through months of gestational diabetes myself. Asking about menu items can be helpful in determining if there are substitutions for high carb items, especially sides or apps, that aren't listed on the menu. It never hurts to ask, and Disney is usually quite good at accommodating those types of dietary requests. Whether you discuss that with the chef is, from what I understand, a matter of how a specific restaurant handles things. For buffets it can be helpful to talk to the chef who knows what goes in the dishes on the buffet so one can be able to better gauge the carbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter