• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did nobody use the EXI-code?

Fromeurope

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
I am used to reading what rate you all got with the new AP-code, EXI this time.
But all I see is postings about the free dining...
Did nobody use the ordinary AP-rate?
I allready have my AP for entrance and a DDE-card for dining discount.
So I am planning on booking the EXI- code or am I stupid to do that?
Please help or post your AP-rate so I don't feel so alone.

Fromeurope said:
Hi everyone,
I am used to reading what rate you all got with the new AP-code, EXI this time.
But all I see is postings about the free dining...
Did nobody use the ordinary AP-rate?
I allready have my AP for entrance and a DDE-card for dining discount.
So I am planning on booking the EXI- code or am I stupid to do that?
Please help or post your AP-rate so I don't feel so alone.

I booked for Labor Day Weekend got POR at $89/night + tax.

I can't vouch for the meals yet, because I was planning on doing what you are. I was very disappointed, when I called at 11:00 am the first day (6/1)that the AP rates came out for the beginning of October, they only had Courtyard view at WL for $185/night, (no standard or woods views); Contemporary only had suites for the AP rates and my third choice- POFQ was not offered at all!! ugh!

I was surprised as well how few rooms they had available for this code. I wanted to split my stay btw CR and AKL. CR was not available at all for the first 4 nights I tried. I ended up getting AKL for the first 4 nights and CR for the second half. I got a great rate for both though even with 3 adults in room. Does anyone know how much extra they add for the extra adult? That way I can calculate my rate for those who are interested.

Jen

I booked with the AP rate and not the dining package. I wanted FQ from 10/1 - 10/8 but no such luck so I will go with the Coronado.

I did the number crunching and the dining plan is only 50$ cheaper and I didn't really figure in DDE or how much I would really eat. I will just use my AP room discount and DDE as it was to close to really mess with.

I have an AP and I booked CSR with the dining package in August. I had the AP rate of $99 at CSR and now I'm paying $134 per night and that includes meals for 2 adults and 2 children. It was a no-brainer for me to pay $35 for 4 snacks, 4 counter-service meals and 4 table-service meals per day :cool1:.

I will be holding my inactivated MYW passes until I am back iin December for renewal time. I may even be able to renew when I am there in August.

ETA: I am also planning to purchase the DDE card since we have a dinner scheduled at V&A's. That meal alone pays for the card and I can apply the 20% to whatever we don't/can't use credits on (kids meals at table-service, wine, etc). Plus, we usually eat lunch at a counter service place the DDE doesn't work at most of them.

I used EXI for split stay between CBR standrad view (5 nights) and AKL pool view (7 nights)...if I calculated right the new package offer would cost me $77 more a night. I know I can eat cheaper for one person than $77 a night especially with my DDE.

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I found out that you only have to buy a one day ticket to get the free dining. And I am sorry, but I couldn't resist that :)
So now half of my vacation is going to be a GF stay with an AP discount and the other half will be AllStars Movies with the free dining.
That will be an odd experience moving from the GF to the ASM, but okay we will have the free food there. And I must say it will be very wise to save some $ after staying at the GF :teeth: :rotfl: :teeth:

I used the EXI code and got POFQ Sept30th to Oct 8th(they couldnt give it to me on the 9th, so paid rack for that day, but they recommended calling back when they have a new code for dates after oct 4th). so I paid $89 for 8 nights, and $160 for the last night(because it is out of value season).

KilleriMac17 said:
I used the EXI code and got POFQ Sept30th to Oct 8th(they couldnt give it to me on the 9th, so paid rack for that day, but they recommended calling back when they have a new code for dates after oct 4th). so I paid $89 for 8 nights, and $160 for the last night(because it is out of value season).

Huh? Call back CRO! Every time I have used a code the last date of the code is the last date to check in and get that rate. I have never had a rate change at a WDW resort unless I initiated it myself when the season changed in my favor.

I think it is because he was already there for 9 nights and I remember a lot of people not being able to get an AP rate for more than 9 nights.

Honestly what I would do at that point is make 2 reservations at the beginning. The first half for a couple of nights then "check-in" again on say the 3rd for the rest of the stay so you can get the AP rate the entire time AND be value season the entire time.

I feel very confused. I am going Ocotber 22-28th. I do have a AP and have a reservation at AKL. My question is how does the free dinning thing work. Is that with tickets? :confused3 But I already have them. I do not know if it will be offered when I go, but I want to be prepared to call right away if it is. And know what I am talking about because we all know CRO does not always know what is best. :crazy:
Thanks
Debbie

wirki said:
I feel very confused. I am going Ocotber 22-28th. I do have a AP and have a reservation at AKL. My question is how does the free dinning thing work. Is that with tickets? :confused3 But I already have them. I do not know if it will be offered when I go, but I want to be prepared to call right away if it is. And know what I am talking about because we all know CRO does not always know what is best. :crazy:
Thanks
Debbie

Right now the package is only if you check in by October 4th so you aren't eligible for this package. IF they come out with the same thing for the next round you have to pay rack rate for your room, and buy at least a one day base ticket for everyone in your package to get the free dining. The free dining is based on the number of nights you stay, not the number of days on your ticket. So yes you would have to pay rack rate for your room and purchase tickets.

For AP holders you really have to do the math to see what works out better, AP rate discount and the DDE discount or paying rack rate, having to buy a one day ticket and eat free.

HTH some.

The current free dining deal expires before your stay begins, but maybe they will offer it later for your dates??? It comes with the MYW package. We decided not to use it, instead we booked 3 rooms at Pop for 9/11-9/17 at $395 total per room! Love that AP rate!

Lori

cobbler said:
I think it is because he was already there for 9 nights and I remember a lot of people not being able to get an AP rate for more than 9 nights.

Honestly what I would do at that point is make 2 reservations at the beginning. The first half for a couple of nights then "check-in" again on say the 3rd for the rest of the stay so you can get the AP rate the entire time AND be value season the entire time.

Oh ... I understand now. Yes, I would make 2 reservations, with the last one starting no later than the last day of the AP code. They will connect the reservations so it is very unlikely that they would move. All they would need to do is get a new room key on the second check-in day.

cobbler said:
Right now the package is only if you check in by October 4th so you aren't eligible for this package. IF they come out with the same thing for the next round you have to pay rack rate for your room, and buy at least a one day base ticket for everyone in your package to get the free dining. The free dining is based on the number of nights you stay, not the number of days on your ticket. So yes you would have to pay rack rate for your room and purchase tickets.

For AP holders you really have to do the math to see what works out better, AP rate discount and the DDE discount or paying rack rate, having to buy a one day ticket and eat free.

HTH some.

Thank you for the info. I just want to be prepared if it does come out during the timewe are there. Wow what a decision. I guess I am going to have to do some adding. I always hated math!! I have an AP and DDE so not sure if it would be worth it.

I used the AP rate for 8/26 to 9/5 with no problem BEFORE the new free dining was announced. I did the math - the Beach Club is $294 standard view plus we add $25 for an extra adult p/n = $319 x 10 = $3190.00 plus tax (the total is going to be about $3600 room only plus another $800 for MYW tickets = $4400). The AP rate is $2720 with all taxes included. That's just shy of $1700 less. We also have the Disney Dining card, which added up to about $250 in savings on our 2/20/05 trip. For my money, it's just not worth paying for tickets I already have and not using the AP discount whenever possible. I did try to combine the AP rate with the free dining package, but alas, could not. Now, that would have been a deal!!!

MrsJRZ said:
I used the AP rate for 8/26 to 9/5 with no problem BEFORE the new free dining was announced. I did the math - the Beach Club is $294 standard view plus we add $25 for an extra adult p/n = $319 x 10 = $3190.00 plus tax (the total is going to be about $3600 room only plus another $800 for MYW tickets = $4400). The AP rate is $2720 with all taxes included. That's just shy of $1700 less. We also have the Disney Dining card, which added up to about $250 in savings on our 2/20/05 trip. For my money, it's just not worth paying for tickets I already have and not using the AP discount whenever possible. I did try to combine the AP rate with the free dining package, but alas, could not. Now, that would have been a deal!!!

Welcome to the DIS!!!

I just did the math on your stay too. I am assuming that you have 5 adults in the room, since you're paying for the extra adult. Why did you calculate your MYW tickets at $800? 5 Adult one-day basic MYW passes is about $320. I get a difference of about $1150 for 10 days, or $115 per day to feed 5 people and that's if you just throw those one-day tickets away.

Ok, I did some math tonight just in case the MYW w/dinning is offered later in the month of October. Anyway, if I do pay rack rateand get dinning free and get only one day for DH, DD3 and myself it would turn out to $2098.38. If I use CM discount (friend) and AP's and DDE it turns out to be 1142. plus the cost of food everyday. That is a $956 difference. Which works out to be about $160 a day in food we could spend. I think I would be wrong to do the free dinning thing. There is no way that we spend $160 a day on food. Right????? I mean how much can you spend at Pecos Bills? :rotfl2: Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
Debbie

Okay, two questions! I know some of these have already been asked somewhere on here, but bear with me! :sunny:

Question #1 I already have a AAA discounted room booked at WL for $ 195/ night. Can I just have the AP code applied to the room I already have reserved?

Question # 2 Do I have to purchase the AP before I call to get the discount or just when I check in?

Thanks in advance! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter