Did nobody use the EXI-code?

Answer #1
If there is an APrate available for that time and room, yes you can.
You get a reservation with an APcode and not with the AAA anymore.
Answer #2
That's a difficult one, because some CMs say you need to have one at the time you make a reservation (they can see in their computers if you have an AP or not) and other CMs say you need to have one at check in.
Good luck with it!

cobbler said:
I think it is because he was already there for 9 nights and I remember a lot of people not being able to get an AP rate for more than 9 nights.

Honestly what I would do at that point is make 2 reservations at the beginning. The first half for a couple of nights then "check-in" again on say the 3rd for the rest of the stay so you can get the AP rate the entire time AND be value season the entire time.

we actually tried that, but they stated they had no rooms available on the 9th with the ap discount, thats why she recommended I call back again.

I did the calculations for our package options and the EXI code came ahead by a little. But I will also have an AP which saves on passes for our next trip along with DDE card. Also I feel that without the dining plan, I don't have the need to plan my trip around meals as I have been told tends to happen with the plan. Anyway, the difference was about $100 to the AP discount's advantage, so either way it was no big deal.

Aristomommy said:
I did the calculations for our package options and the EXI code came ahead by a little. But I will also have an AP which saves on passes for our next trip along with DDE card. Also I feel that without the dining plan, I don't have the need to plan my trip around meals as I have been told tends to happen with the plan. Anyway, the difference was about $100 to the AP discount's advantage, so either way it was no big deal.

It was $100 more for the MYM Free Dining per day, or for all 8 of your days?

KilleriMac17 said:
we actually tried that, but they stated they had no rooms available on the 9th with the ap discount, thats why she recommended I call back again.

NO NO NO. What I am saying is do a split reservation from Sept 30- Oct 3 and then the second one from Oct 3-9. That way you get the AP rate for the whole time AND value season the whole time instead of having to pay rack rate for regular season OR even an AP discount for regular season because the AP rate for value will still be cheaper.
You can connect the reservations so you most likely won't have to change rooms, just get a new room key!

HTH some!

robinb said:
It was $100 more for the MYM Free Dining per day, or for all 8 of your days?

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was $100 more for the MYW for all 8 days. It might be a bit more with the DDE card since I estimated our daily eating without it.

Aristomommy said:
Sorry I wasn't clear. It was $100 more for the MYW for all 8 days. It might be a bit more with the DDE card since I estimated our daily eating without it.

At about $10 per person for Counter Service, you would spend $100 on just quick meals for 3 people in 3 days. I usually eat counter service for lunch and table service for dinner. Any credits you use above and beyond that is gravy, baby! You would have to plan some of your meals (just like using the DDE card) but I think you can also "wing" it, especially in late September. Also, I am positive that you can use your DDE card on anything that is not covered by the credits like wine, etc at the DDE restaurants.

robinb said:
I have an AP and I booked CSR with the dining package in August. I had the AP rate of $99 at CSR and now I'm paying $134 per night and that includes meals for 2 adults and 2 children. It was a no-brainer for me to pay $35 for 4 snacks, 4 counter-service meals and 4 table-service meals per day :cool1:.

I will be holding my inactivated MYW passes until I am back iin December for renewal time. I may even be able to renew when I am there in August.

ETA: I am also planning to purchase the DDE card since we have a dinner scheduled at V&A's. That meal alone pays for the card and I can apply the 20% to whatever we don't/can't use credits on (kids meals at table-service, wine, etc). Plus, we usually eat lunch at a counter service place the DDE doesn't work at most of them.

what does ap stand for in "ap rate"?

HolliePoppins said:
what does ap stand for in "ap rate"?
AP rate stands for Annual Passholder. If you buy an annual pass, you get certain discounts, including room discounts when they are available.

Hi, I am a little late to this discussion, but just found out about the free dinning option that is available during my stay. Let me state my situation and see if you all can help me save anything.

It will just be two adult on this trip. (sept 14-20)
I will purchase the AP for (for the room discount).........................$420
DH will purchase 10 day park hopper + no expiration..$257+100........$357

Right now we have POP for 3 nights at the AP rate of $59 plus tax....$189
(may change to POR if I can get the AP rate)

3 nights at the Grand Floridian---Lagoon veiw..............................$1140
(the whole reason I got the AP)
Total.......2,106

Normally I would never spend that much money for three nights at a Deluxe, but it is for our first anniversary so I am going to suck it up. I know it will be great. We don't have children at this point, so it's okay to spend this much this one time right..(I keep trying to justify it to myself). That is why I chose to spend half our time at a Value, just to counteract the cost of the Deluxe....(I'm thinking way too much about this...lol)

Anyway, does anyone see any potenial savings here?
What is DDE?
I will get 10% off certain restaruants with the AP right?

What is the average food allowance Disney is offering with the "free dinning" plan? Normaly DH and I would not do a sit down dinner every night. I think someone above mentioned that it came to about $70 a person? There is no way that I eat $70 worth food a day. Maybe $30.
Okay, sorry about the ramble. If anyone has any suggestion on where i could save, please let me know.
(O, by the way, I know I could save a few $ by getting a garden veiw at the GF instead of Lagoon veiw, but at the time of booking, that is all that was available with the AP rate, so I guess I'll keep it) That GF rate is making me angry because last september my mom and grandmom got the GF for $245 a night and that was without an AP. It was from a postcard she got in the mail. It seems to me I am paying $380 a night which is riddicules, but I guess I am the fool who is doing it, so I'll shut up now! :rotfl:

Merandab4 said:
What is DDE? I will get 10% off certain restaruants with the AP right?
DDE is the Disney Dining Experience. It is a card availble to Fl residents and WDW annual or seasonal pass holders. The cost for passholders is $50.00 and at ceratin sit-down and some counter services places you get 20% off your meal (including acholoic beverages). Check out this link for more perks and info:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

Merandab4 said:
I will get 10% off certain restaruants with the AP right?
Yes some, but only at lunch. Check out this link for info on that
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

Merandab4 said:
What is the average food allowance Disney is offering with the "free dinning" plan? Normaly DH and I would not do a sit down dinner every night. I think someone above mentioned that it came to about $70 a person? There is no way that I eat $70 worth food a day. Maybe $30.
That was probably me! I figured out the rack rates forr my stay plus having to by two one day tickets (because I'm staying at 2 different resorts) and to go with the free dining option it would cost me about $70 more a night. Yours may be more or less. Plus I won't eat too many meals in the heat and humidty either (or at least heavy set meals!). The Dining package is normally $35 a night per person, but now you can get that for free (the dining package includes 1 counter service meal, 1 table service meal, and 1 snack for each night of your stay). Read more about that here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages05.htm

Merandab4 said:

3 nights at the Grand Floridian---Lagoon veiw..............................$1140
Total.......2,106

Merandab4 said:
Normally I would never spend that much money for three nights at a Deluxe, but it is for our first anniversary so I am going to suck it up. I know it will be great. We don't have children at this point, so it's okay to spend this much this one time right..(I keep trying to justify it to myself). That is why I chose to spend half our time at a Value, just to counteract the cost of the Deluxe....(I'm thinking way too much about this...lol)

Okay here is what I figured out for you if you did the package with free dining.

3 nights POP rack rate plus tax = $257.58 ($85.86 a night)
3 nights GF Lagoon View rack rate plus tax = $1371.45 ($457.15 a night)
Ok here is where the fun part comes in! Are you planning on making another trip in the next year with an AP? I think the current break even point for an AP is 8 days in the parks. If you are not going to spend 8 days in the park then you proably want to get some other ticket for yourself. Also here is what you are saving with the AP:

GF (3 nights rack rate ($1371.45) minus 3 nights AP ($1137.30)) = $234.15
POP (3 nights rack rate ($257.88) minus 3 nights AP ($197.37)) = $60.51

So your total savings of using an AP is $294.66 (keep in mind AP is like $421) Not a huge savings (avg of $49.11 a night)...especially if you are not taking another trip with your AP (not sure if you are or not).

Okay here is what a package should cost for your split stay between POP and GF (using an AP ticket and a regular ticket for hubby)
Lodging (3 nights at each) = $1629.33
Ticktes (you have to buy at least a 1 day pass (cheapest 1 day pass for adults is $64) = $256
AP= $421
hubby's ticket= $357

grand total = $2663.53 for lodging/food/your AP/hubby's ticket
So $2663.53 minus $2106 = $557.53 divided by 6 nights is about $92 a night can you eat for $92 a day if so then you should skip the Dining package if you decide to keep your ticket meida the same (AP/seperate ticket for hubby)

If you are not taking another trip with your AP then you could do one of two things to save money book your trip with the 1 day passes again and buy dicounted MYW tickets from a ticket borker (like Maple leaf or ticketmanina) or just purchase the 10 day MYW passes from Disney as part of the package (but, for your split stay you will need to purchase media for both hotels so at one hotel you will have a 1 day ticket) (you can make these non-expiring).

Here is what the package would be with 10 day non expiring MYW tickets from Disney (not a ticket broker).

Food/Lodging total from before $1885.53 (minus $128 for 1 day tickets from one hotel (you have to buy at least 1 day media at each (so one will have the 10 day ticket the other a 1 day ticket))=$1757.53
(I picked a 10 day MYW ticket with park hopping and no expiration at $353.58 a piece) =$707.16
Grand total $2464.69 minus $2106 = $358.69 divided by 6 nights is about $60 can you eat for $60 a day? If not this plan may work better.

Okay I think my math is right here, but I do have a head cold so it may be suffering just a little. Anways I hope this helps you some with your decision. If you have questions feel free to ask :) I think what it boils down to is what ticket media you decide to go with (AP not AP, MYW hopping non expiration)

Merandab4 said:

Total.......2,106

I can't sleep and I'm reading the DIS. I have the perfect solution for you:

Sept 14-17 POP Century with MYM Dining (Value Season)
$259 -- 3 nights at 86.25 per night incl taxes
$714 -- 2 10 Day Park Hoppers with No Expiration Date
$ 63 -- Upgrade 1 MYW ticket to a Regular Annual Pass

September 17-20 Room Only AP Rate
$1140 -- GV Lagoon View

Total: $2176

Difference: $70

For only $70 you will receive 3 days worth of food, that's $23 per day. You'd be hard pressed to eat at a counter service restaurant (meal, drink, dessert) for less than $23 for 2 people. The table-service meals and the mickey bars are gravy. Plus, the dining credits are good until midnight on the day you check out, so you really have 4 days to use 6 meals. You can even use 2 table-service meals and eat at a Signature restaurant to celebrate your anniversary :).

PS: You will want to upgrade your MYM 10 Day Pass to an AP on your very first visit to a WDW park. Guest Services near the entrance can do the upgrade for you.

I booked a plain AP rate. I got CR garden view for $169 plus tax = $188 pn for 7 nights and I am calling back to try to get 3 more nights as I would like a nice long relaxing trip.

We are going the week of the 8/12. Here is my situation. We bought our passes last summer so this is our second summer vacation with these APs. They expire 8/22.

I can easily change my trip to the week of 8/21 to get the free dining - but then I need to buy a week of passes - which will negate the savings from the dining plan. Plus we have the DDE 20% off, which we have already saved way more than $50 this year.

The dining plan seems like the best value for families staying in either value or moderate resorts (in fact, for families staying in value resorts, its a bargain beyond belief). But there are 2 of us and we like the deluxe resorts. With the AP code, the deluxe discount is $75 per night for Aug. The dining plan costs $35 pp - of course the value is greater than the $75, but with the DDE we should break even.

No matter how I have calculated this, I sadly can't seem to come out enogh better with the dining for this to work for me. So I am using the regular AP rate.

If any of you DIS experts thinks I would be better off with free dining, I would love to hear it and consider changing.

missycj96 said:
If any of you DIS experts thinks I would be better off with free dining, I would love to hear it and consider changing.

Do you plan on renewing your APs?

Thank you all who have offered suggestions, but this number crunching is really getting to me :confused3

I went ahead and booked three nights garden veiw at GG and three night Lagoon veiw at GF. The CM said that is is possible that they could upgrade us to Lagoon veiw for the whole stay :earsboy: We'll See.
These are both with the AP rate. the total for the room comes to $2,070.
I will still be getting the AP at $420 and probably just get a 6 day park hopper no expiration for DH, (we will worry about those extra days next time we go I guess) so thats $236.

Total $2,726 plus airfare and meals
(o boy, what have I gotten myself into?)

I am hoping by September there may be another code to come out and that way I don't have to buy the AP. Last year my Nana got the GF Garden veiw for $245 a night. She has never even been to WDW before, but she got a Postcard in the mail!

I purchased AP's for the first time last Oct. I went to the parks 4 days with it. I did not have DDE but purchased this in May for my trip scheduled for early Aug. I was going to stay at the BC and use AP rate and DDE. Then as my luck would have it, the MYW pkg came out. Great luck for pkg but now I did not need to purchase AP or DDE. At least AP, if I put 4 more days on my ticket I will break even for this cost. Now I have DDE card godd until June. Husband says, this is the very last DW vacation for a long time. He wants to go elsewhere.

We decided the MYW, free dining was too good to pass up, but not at BC. So we switched to Pop to make dining the most affordable. I was still disapointed at not being able to enjoy a Deluxe. I did try to do a split with free dining but would have to buy not one, but two sets of MYW tickets we do not need. So I plan to go to Deluxe at the end of our trip for 2 days. I figure we will still be able to use free dining the last day up until Midnight.

cobbler said:
I think it is because he was already there for 9 nights and I remember a lot of people not being able to get an AP rate for more than 9 nights.

Honestly what I would do at that point is make 2 reservations at the beginning. The first half for a couple of nights then "check-in" again on say the 3rd for the rest of the stay so you can get the AP rate the entire time AND be value season the entire time.
I got 10 nights with the AP discount. I am staying at the Poly for the entire stay.

I went with the AP rate and am getting a DDE card for dining. Since we are going over 30 days in the next twelve months it is the only way to go. We are also staying at the Poly and since we have saved over $75 a night just on the room rate alone it is worth it.

Hi Robin - I may or may not renew my APs but definately not right away because I have to see what our plans will be for the year. If we renew it probably won't be until Jan the earliest.

We were planning on going in Jan with AP rates (we do not have any AP's yet). DH heard about the MYW with free dining and we spent hours last night figuring out both budgets. I really hate to pay rack rate, and I would prefer to visit during the cooler months, but it looks like we will be there the last week of August. We would be getting 2 rooms at value resort for either scenario.

We figured the cost for both trips including planning all the food we would buy if we went with the AP. Here is where our savings was - we will be travelling with our 3 children and a friend. We figured that we would save $600 - $800 for the week with the free dining. We will also not be purchasing tickets for our arrival and departure days and plan to do character meals or a dinner show these days. This also includes planning for 2 dinner credits to do Hoop-Dee-Do which we could NEVER afford otherwise! :banana:

We are very good at planning for our meals and sharing. We will only eat twice a day plus snacks and I don't plan on spending any extra.

It is a deal that is too good for us to pass up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter