• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

Love that you got to see Goofy at Coronado! Being able to check in to your hotel early sounds amazing! I was in Chicago in June and was able to check-in to my hotel right after landing at noon, I wish it was always like that! I need to try the walking path at Universal, I have never explored very much since we usually go for only one day. My mom always holds my stuff on Hulk too, thought I hate giving up my phone since I can't let her know how long of a wait it's going to be! Mythos looks so nice, it is nice to eat at a quieter place. We always enjoy the train, though the line sometimes feels like it hardly moves! The early park closes are always a bummer, I love parks at night and think they should always be open until at least 10! Or maybe that's because I like to sleep in :laughing: So many fun flavors of macarons! The most I have done is six park days, I would be completely wiped as well!

Love that you got to see Goofy at Coronado! Being able to check in to your hotel early sounds amazing! I was in Chicago in June and was able to check-in to my hotel right after landing at noon, I wish it was always like that! I need to try the walking path at Universal, I have never explored very much since we usually go for only one day. My mom always holds my stuff on Hulk too, thought I hate giving up my phone since I can't let her know how long of a wait it's going to be! Mythos looks so nice, it is nice to eat at a quieter place. We always enjoy the train, though the line sometimes feels like it hardly moves! The early park closes are always a bummer, I love parks at night and think they should always be open until at least 10! Or maybe that's because I like to sleep in :laughing: So many fun flavors of macarons! The most I have done is six park days, I would be completely wiped as well!
It is really nice to see the characters in the resorts!
Our first Universal day was fun and we did find it very crowded and it was hard to get use to crowds, especially after avoiding people for over a year!
I always tell Andi exactly where I will be except 1 time I had to go to the restroom and of course it was when she got off the Hulk and couldn’t find me! It is weird not to have a phone to text for those rides!
We love the Suess Trolley and with EP you get on pretty fast!
The macarons are so delicious I can’t wait to have these beauties again in about 2.5 weeks!

Hagrid’s is amazing, wonderful, and scary all at the same time!

4/28/21.
We got up early and I had a yummy macaron and cold brew with cream. I took our leftover refrigerator itemsto Universal.

We headed out around 7am, had our temp checked again and got our new wrist band. We walked over to Islands and waited in line for opening. The line was long, we had a good spot with about 50 people in front of us. The park opened at 7:45, we walked to Hagrid’s.
IMG_Aug152021at100938AM.jpg

The line wasn’t too long yay! The line was moving continuously and soon we put our belongings in the locker, which included our phones. I wasn’t sure if I should take my phone so I didn’t get any queue or ride photos. I would saw we waited about 15 minutes, not bad at all! We got the front row. I rode in the side car! Wow, this was fun but scary for a ride chicken like me, it went fast and backwards. The animatronics and scenes we whizzed by are just amazing!

My stomach was a little queasy afterwards. Andi loved it. The ride definitely lives up to the hype and rave reviews! We did Flight of the Hippogriff next, I didn’t think I could handle FJ yet.
IMG_Aug152021at101055AM.jpg

We went to get a butter beer to share. The TM accidentally gave us a frozen one and we asked for non frozen, because Andi doesn’t like the frozen one. I got the frozen one for free, that was nice. I also got a passholder discount. Yay! It wasn’t too crowded yet and we found a somewhat quiet area to enjoyed our drinks.
IMG_Aug152021at101203AM.jpg

Our strategy was to take the train as soon as it opened to Diagon Alley. We wanted to ride Gringotts and look around the area before it became to crowded. We had to wait a little before the train opened at 9am. I love the train and we had a train car to ourselves. This is one nice thing about the virus, probably the only thing! Dumb virus!
IMG_Aug152021at101330AM.jpg

We did Gringotts, it was a walk on.
IMG_Aug152021at101506AM.jpg

We spent time walking around and going into Knockturn alley and headed out.
IMG_Aug152021at101639AM.jpg

We went to ET again, I love ET, the smell the ride are all so fun!
IMG_Aug152021at102226AM.jpg

We saw the Mystery Mobile,
IMG_Aug152021at101754AM.jpg

Sponge Bob, Patrick, and Squidward on the way.
IMG_Aug152021at101925AM.jpg

We saw Homer in his RV.

IMG_Aug152021at102041AM.jpg

We did Transformers, Andi decided to do Rip again, she loves the coasters. I feel bad sometimes for her, because she has to ride alone, she doesn’t mind, so she says. I sat and people watched. I will say a lot more people with masks off or around chins here vs WDW, also people not following the stationary rule for eating and drinking. Masks are not fun but honestly you get use to it. I am so use to wearing a mask and often a respirator (which really sucks, that it didn’t really bother me. Andi still double masks and she is vaccinated. See you later Donkey!
We decided to do an early lunch. I have a lot of Landry gift cards and I was craving shrimp. Bubba Gumps it was! There was a beyond burger on the menu so we headed over there. We made a stop at Vodoo doughnuts first and picked out 6. The pink one, grape one (yuck), M&M one, Vodoo doll (my favorite), Diablo

Bubba Gumps for lunch, I had fried shrimp, tempura shrimp, fries and coleslaw, I went with a mango patron tequila margarita

Andi had the burger and a spiked lemonade, with souvenir cup. The license plate behind her is Wisconsin (where she lives) cool.
I loved my shrimp and drink, we had very good service and the place was quiet! We left very full. Meal was on the gift card, yay! We walked back to the room for a cool down. Took a little siesta, drinking early in the day for a light weight like me puts me out for an hour 😂 We walked back to Islands. I wanted to do the Raptor experience and Kong, the raptor experience was at capacity so unable to do this. Kong was a short wait with EP, stand by was 50 minutes. Kong was so cool, with only the two of us in the row, it was so nice to see everything. I liked this.
We needed caffeine so SB for an espresso goat milk cold thing for Andi :confused3 and I had my usual refresher with water not Lemonade. I only get it with water. We sat close by to SB at Islands and enjoyed our pick me up. We decided to take a long walk to check out Sapphire but it isn’t even open, we didn’t know. It was a nice hot 🥵 walk. We were hot and sweaty when we returned to the room. Today was the hottest day so far. No humidity so I am loving the hot weather! We were going to order takeout from Jake’s but we are still so full. We ate donuts for supper.:rotfl:

Tomorrow we head home. We do have until 3:30 so we will head back into the parks for FJ and rollercoasters for Andi. I think doing Hagrid’s once a trip is enough for me. I am not a thrill seeker. Wish I was!
Stay tuned for our last day!

Hooray for making it onto Hagrid's! That is my current favorite thrill ride I've ever been on, a good balance between thrill and theming! It's really different in the daytime vs. nighttime, I thought it was even scarier at night so it's good you got on in the morning! I have only ridden the bike, I hear that the sidecar isn't as scary but I wonder if sitting upright would be more comfortable or less queasy-inducing? I'm hoping to go early next year with a friend and I'll let her ride the bike so I can give my final verdict!

Hooray for the free butterbeer, they are almost the price of a meal now so that's a nice win! Getting photos on the train without other people is so nice, I always feel too awkward to take them when strangers are with me! Sounds like you got a lot done before lunch! I have only been to Bubba Gump's once, at the Mall of America! Their shrimp is so good. I have not had Voodoo yet because the line has always been long, but I will try it some day if just for the pictures! I love the Kong animatronic so much, definitely one of the coolest animatronics and I love how close you get to be to it.

We headed out around 7am, had our temp checked again
I wonder if they'll bring that back too.
I would saw we waited about 15 minutes, not bad at all! We got the front row.
Nice! And a short wait, too.
We went to get a butter beer to share.
mmmm... yes please.
The TM accidentally gave us a frozen one and we asked for non frozen, because Andi doesn’t like the frozen one. I got the frozen one for free, that was nice.
Frozen is the best... free is better.
I love the train and we had a train car to ourselves. This is one nice thing about the virus, probably the only thing! Dumb virus!
I can see that. I'd love a private compartment.
We did Gringotts, it was a walk on.
A. Walk. On... :faint:
We went to ET again, I love ET, the smell the ride are all so fun!
I love ET... right up until you go to ETs planet. I really am not a fan of that part.
We saw Homer in his RV.
had no idea this happened!
also people not following the stationary rule for eating and drinking.
That'd be tough to enforce.
We made a stop at Vodoo doughnuts first and picked out 6.
mmmmm... Voodoo doughnuts. Yum.
Bubba Gumps for lunch, I had fried shrimp, tempura shrimp, fries and coleslaw,
Wow, that sounds good. Love me some shrimp.
Took a little siesta, drinking early in the day for a light weight like me puts me out for an hour 😂
:laughing:
Kong was so cool, with only the two of us in the row, it was so nice to see everything. I liked this.
I really like Kong. I don't think it gets the props it deserves.
We decided to take a long walk to check out Sapphire but it isn’t even open, we didn’t know. It was a nice hot 🥵 walk.
Oh, no...
Donkey is so fun to talk with!
IMG_Aug152021at102348AM.jpg
Didn't know that happened either!
Cool capture!

Hagrid’s is amazing, wonderful, and scary all at the same time!
YES IT IS! I love it! There are only a handful of Uni rides I really enjoy and Hagrids is one of them- so is E.T. :) I have a day there in Nov. during our work conference and I'm looking forward to riding again!

We've omly ever been to Bubba Gumps in NYC but it's solid food; those voodoo donuts are either really good or yuck lol.
Casey is all into the Harry Potter books so I know we will have to get over to Universal one day soon. Though I know so little about it, just reading your reviews makes me feel like its written in Finish :D
Yeah it's a different monster; really an easier monster. I'm sure you'll find someone to help you :rolleyes1

Casey is all into the Harry Potter books so I know we will have to get over to Universal one day soon. Though I know so little about it, just reading your reviews makes me feel like its written in Finish :D
You need to read the books! I was obsessed with them, more than my kids were! She would love Universal and Harry Potter world, you will need to start going there for a day or two!

I wonder if they'll bring that back too.
I don’t think so despite case numbers Disney and Universal keep adding more normal things. Buffets are even coming back
Nice! And a short wait, too
I was surprised how quick the morning wait was. The extra hour really helps!
Frozen is the best... free is better.
I agree, I was glad she poured a frozen one, her mistake my gain!
can see that. I'd love a private compartment.
It was so nice!
I love ET... right up until you go to ETs planet. I really am not a fan of that part.
The ET planet part is so weird. I loved when ET would say goodbye Caroline 😊
mmmmm... Voodoo doughnuts. Yum.
These were very fresh and tasty except the purple glitter one was really gross like eating a grape candy!
Wow, that sounds good. Love me some shrimp
The shrimp was very good and my margarita was made well!
really like Kong. I don't think it gets the props it deserves.
We really like it as well, I don’t know if you ever did Fast and Furious, this is so bad compared to Kong, same ride concept but so awful!
We did in June and it was worse than we remembered :rotfl:
Didn't know that happened either!
Yes he talks to you and is so funny, he asks your name and goes on and on, like Donkey does!

YES IT IS! I love it! There are only a handful of Uni rides I really enjoy and Hagrids is one of them- so is E.T. :) I have a day there in Nov. during our work conference and I'm looking forward to riding again!
Yes such a fun ride and ET such a classic
We've omly ever been to Bubba Gumps in NYC but it's solid food; those voodoo donuts are either really good or yuck lol.
We really enjoyed Bubba Gumps! Oh my gosh the grape donut was so bad. Andi laughed at me when I tried it, it was so weird, the other ones yummy. The Vodoo doll is my favorite
don't really like scary coasters, but that Hagrid's is fun!
I agree. I could handle this and wow very cool 😎
Where but on vacation can you tell people you had donuts for dinner and no-one bats an eye?!
This is so true! Donuts for dinner on vacation a okay in my book!

4/29/21. Goodbye Nose Pickers and Peekers!

Our last day, we decided to sleep in and maximize our room time before having to check out. We could have done the 1 hour early entry at Islands, to ride Hagrid’s again, but sleeping in won out today.
We slowly got ready and packed everything up. We would have to change into warmer clothes before leaving. It was going to be 91 today and we would be returning to 35-45 degree weather. We put our warm clothes in the carry on. We left the room by 10am, checked our bags and walked over to Universal.
Andi did rip ride rocket first. We decided on Shrek 4D, this took awhile with the social distancing even with EP. We hit up Jimmy Fallon.
IMG_Aug192021at73418PM.jpg

Andi did the Mummy. I always think I will do the Mummy and I chicken out at the last minute. I walked through the Mardi Gras tribute store, not a soul in there, very nice to get away from the crowds.
IMG_Aug192021at73545PM.jpg
IMG_Aug192021at73731PM.jpg
these were jelly like moving skulls cool.

IMG_Aug192021at73838PM.jpg
Mardi Gras float

We decided against better judgement, lol to ride Fast and Furious it was so bad, yuck, a waste of time. @pkondz it was in April we rode FF. I must have blocked it out , lol 😂
IMG_Aug192021at73957PM.jpg

Thank goodness for trip notes! We decided to head to Hogsmeade via the Hogwarts Express. This was a fun train ride again. Hogsmeade was very busy, we used the moaning Myrtle bathroom and went to ride FJ I love this ride. I need to close my eyes a few times and take a few deep breaths while riding but so worth it! I wanted to meet Blue so we headed that way, it was really hectic in this area. The baby raptor was out so I took a quick picture and we moved on.
IMG_Aug192021at74202PM.jpg

Andi’s knee had been bothering her the last few days so we decided to head back and relax at the resort. Guess how we got back to the resort? I bet you are all saying the walking path, lol 😆
IMG_Aug192021at74445PM.jpg

We decided to eat at Jake’s for lunch. Andi had an Island Mi Tia. I went with Diet Coke for some caffeine. The restaurant was lovely, quiet and cool. We had a super nice server. We shared the cheese fries.
IMG_Aug192021at74545PM.jpg

Andi had the Buffalo chicken Pizza and I had my hot dog, I love a hot dog on vacation! This was an all beef grilled hot dog 🌭

IMG_Aug192021at74645PM.jpg

It was so good! The fries and pizza were also very good. We just relaxed and had a really enjoyable lunch. We had been touring parks for 11 days and we were ready to be done. We had a wonderful time just very tiring after doing next to nothing for the last year!

We had about an hour left at the resort and we walked around and enjoyed the grounds and the resort interior.
IMG_Aug192021at74744PM.jpg

We got an iced coffee at the little coffee shop and drank this in the lovely lobby before we ordered our Lyft xl. We got to the airport around 4pm and had to check our luggage, the line was a little long but not bad. We got this done and headed to TSA precheck and this was quick.
We had about 40 minutes to wait for boarding. We went over to the international gates and sat there, not a soul around. We boarded at 5:15 and our plane was right on time taking off, yay, the middle seats were still open on Delta,this was nice. I watched Hangover and laughed so much, it has been a long time since watching that movie. We arrived in Mpls. around 8:30, the airport was so quiet, which is so unusual for MSP. It is normally very busy at all hours, I was surprised at all the closed restaurants and bars. What a difference a few months make. The airport was so busy in June! The Plane to Duluth was also right on time and we were home by 10:30pm, picked up luggage and headed home.

Some Negatives,
more crowded than I thought it would be, especially Universal.

Bus waits so unpredictable

Wearing masks (which is important, just not fun)

Lack of night entertainment

Epcot was very busy

*Positives*

Loved our room at Destino and the CSR is a wonderful resort

Loved Royal Pacific

Loved the walking path!

Ride waits were not bad

Rope drop and the last few hours at the park seemed to be best for lower crowds

Being on a trip, best thing of all!
This concludes my report!
Thank you so much for reading along and for all of you who comment, I love it! It is so fun to talk Disney and trips with all of you!
Stay tuned for an all new TR, coming soon!!
I will put the link here when it happens!!
Happy Disney Everyone and how about the Genie 🧞‍♂️ and his plus friend. 🧐😏
Let me know what you all think! Andi sent me this 🤮so I know how she feels! :rotfl2: :sad2:

Let’s all talk soon!

I don’t think so despite case numbers Disney and Universal keep adding more normal things. Buffets are even coming back
Hopefully things won't backslide.
I agree, I was glad she poured a frozen one, her mistake my gain!
::yes::
I remember the first time I heard that. I was so surprised! Literally LOL'd.
These were very fresh and tasty except the purple glitter one was really gross like eating a grape candy!
Ew. Sometimes the best intentions don't work out...
We really like it as well, I don’t know if you ever did Fast and Furious, this is so bad compared to Kong, same ride concept but so awful!
I have unfortunately. One of Uni's worst rides, imho.
We did in June and it was worse than we remembered :rotfl:
Oh, no! :laughing:
Yes he talks to you and is so funny, he asks your name and goes on and on, like Donkey does!
We could have done the 1 hour early entry at Islands, to ride Hagrid’s again, but sleeping in won out today.
Sometimes all that touring catches up with you.
It was going to be 91 today and we would be returning to 35-45 degree weather.
<sigh>
So familiar with this. Going back to cold is always so depressing.
Andi did the Mummy. I always think I will do the Mummy and I chicken out at the last minute.

You can do it!
@pkondz it was in April we rode FF. I must have blocked it out , lol 😂
:laughing: I don't blame you!
we used the moaning Myrtle bathroom
I don't think they have that on the men's side. At least, I don't remember hearing her. Then again, it was fairly loud in there so may have just missed her.
Andi’s knee had been bothering her the last few days so we decided to head back and relax at the resort.
Sorry to hear that. She okay now?
Guess how we got back to the resort? I bet you are all saying the walking path, lol 😆
Actually, no. I thought when you mentioned her knee that maybe you would not have.
Wow, that looks good!
We had been touring parks for 11 days and we were ready to be done.
:faint:
We boarded at 5:15 and our plane was right on time taking off
Not bad. I keep hearing how lots of flights are delayed.
I watched Hangover and laughed so much, it has been a long time since watching that movie.
:laughing: It is a funny movie. :)
The Plane to Duluth was also right on time and we were home by 10:30pm
Not bad at all!
Bus waits so unpredictable
I keep hearing this. :sad2:
::yes::
Thank you so much for reading along and for all of you who comment, I love it! It is so fun to talk Disney and trips with all of you!
Thanks so much for writing and letting us all join in on your trip! :goodvibes
Let me know what you all think! Andi sent me this 🤮so I know how she feels! :rotfl2: :sad2:
Well... been discussing this a bit with the DISdads. Personally... I'm not that bothered by it. May actually like it. Yes it's an added expense, but I'm willing to pay for low to no wait times. But I also understand that if you have a large family, it could get very expensive.

Sounds like it was a busy and enjoyable last day of vacation!

I feel like the Mummy might be tamer than Hagrid's. I can't compare the two, since I've only done the Mummy, but I feel like it's probably not more thrilling than Hagrid's. :confused3

Wait, there's a Moaning Myrtle bathroom at UO? I didn't know that. I've got to start brushing up on my Universal knowledge. Landon's on book 4 of HP and there's no way he'll let us go to the parks without visiting the WWoHP next trip.

When we flew back in June, since only essential international travel was allowed in the U.K., the international gates were a ghost town! It was wild to see everything to so empty.

Looking forward to your next report!

You need to read the books! I was obsessed with them, more than my kids were!
Me too! Well my daughter might have rivalled me in my obsession but neither boy read them after the first chapter! What is wrong with my boys and who's children are they really :rotfl: :scared1:
Love the ET RIDE and really love ET saying goodbye "MO-I-RA" :rotfl:
Donuts for dinner on vacation a okay in my book!
Sounds good to me. My youngest loves holidaying in the USA as he says it's the only placer I allow him to have "buns for breakfast". To say he is a fan of those mini chocolate muffins (buns) is an understatement Plus Froot Loops which he thinks is the best breakfast cereal ever invented whereas I dread to think what's actually in it hence why it's a WDW holiday only breakfast. :rotfl2:
This was a fun train ride again.
The train is the only HP ride we've done. Love it! It's been years since we've been to universal so Hagrid's and Gringotts didn't exist when we were there but I loved the theming and would love to go back. If disney keep upping their prices and taking away perks it may be sooner rather than later which makes me sad:sad:
:love:
Oooh can't wait!
Think I'm with Andi on this one but I suppose the upside of not being able to travel means I'll get to hear what everyone thinks of it when it's actually rolled out so I guess I'll reserve judgement until then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter