Different CC status within immediate family

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
I am getting ready to book my 5th cruise and after completion I will be Gold Status. My 22 and 17 yo children sailed with their father a few years ago and already would qualify for Gold status and this would be their 6th Cruise. Does the reservation automatically default to the lower level of Silver for all of us?

I am getting ready to book my 5th cruise and after completion I will be Gold Status. My 22 and 17 yo children sailed with their father a few years ago and already would qualify for Gold status and this would be their 6th Cruise. Does the reservation automatically default to the lower level of Silver for all of us?
As long as you have their cast away numbers, the room will be the highest level of the person in it. My son is in a room with my dad, and the room is gold, even though my father has never been on a cruise.

Tagging on to the question, we are considering bringing grandparents who have never been on a cruise, we are silver. I would book two connecting staterooms with my family in one room and my parents in the other. Could I check both rooms in during silver since I booked both on one reservation?

Tagging on to the question, we are considering bringing grandparents who have never been on a cruise, we are silver. I would book two connecting staterooms with my family in one room and my parents in the other. Could I check both rooms in during silver since I booked both on one reservation?

no, unless you put one of the silver members in the other stateroom

The two staterooms will not be one reservation. Each room will be a different reservation.

It may not be worth the hassle, but you could move one of the Silver members in your room into the other room, then get an extra Key to the World card when you’re onboard. That would give everyone in both rooms early booking privileges.

If you do this with a child, the grandparents would need to give permission for the parents to bring the child on and off the ship. There is also a small possibility the muster stations for the two rooms will be different — guests must go to the muster station for their assigned stateroom.

we are considering bringing grandparents who have never been on a cruise, we are silver. I would book two connecting staterooms with my family in one room and my parents in the other. Could I check both rooms in during silver since I booked both on one reservation
Sounds like you already have reservations (of which you should have 2 numbers as PP said above, each room is a reservation). You'd have to call Disney to re-arrange people if that's the case and there might be a fee. Otherwise, you can't check them in until the new cruiser date.

If you don't have a reservation yet, do one silver person in each room, and then when you get on ship, move people officially (or just get additional key cards).

You definitely want a Silver in each room (and then fix the keys once you are on the boat. It isn't hard; they do it dozens of times each cruise) because otherwise the grandparents won't be able to reserve excursions or ship activities until their own window opens. Silver books 90 days out, first timers 75 days out. So if you wanted a Palo dinner for the 4 of you, etc. you would have to wait 15 days extra than if you had a Silver spouse in the other room. (No guarantee that if you book a table for 2 they will be able to change you to a party of 4.)

(This post was offensive to another poster and was removed.)

Last edited:
While arranging room occupants can be helpful in getting Palo/ specialty dining. alcohol tasting reservations, or in-demand excursions, it might be a longshot for a Gold to get them anyway.
Just a note on this, I'm used to struggling for all reservations (even with Platinum in-laws), but for our upcoming October trip, all tastings were available at Gold and plenty of Palo options. Someone else I was talking to in the cruise meets thread got Palo at Silver. So, I think it depends on how unique the itinerary is + season + length of cruise/ship.

While arranging room occupants can be helpful in getting Palo/ specialty dining. alcohol tasting reservations, or in-demand excursions, it might be a longshot for a Gold to get them anyway.
I disagree strongly with this statement. I've never been unable to get a Palo brunch, couples massage, etc. for all of my Silver status cruises. The only thing I've struck out on was a sports simulator reservation on Dream when we made the reservation 10 days before the cruise. While I would agree that on a highly special itinerary like a Southern Carribean or Panama Canal transit which draws long time cruisers out may be booked up before Gold, I think it is irresponsible to claim that Silver and First Timers will have the same luck on booking activities.

I disagree strongly with this statement. I've never been unable to get a Palo brunch, couples massage, etc. for all of my Silver status cruises. The only thing I've struck out on was a sports simulator reservation on Dream when we made the reservation 10 days before the cruise. While I would agree that on a highly special itinerary like a Southern Carribean or Panama Canal transit which draws long time cruisers out may be booked up before Gold, I think it is irresponsible to claim that Silver and First Timers will have the same luck on booking activities.
So Gold are getting a fairly good opportunity at reservations? I was thinking after Platinums were through, not much was left. Good news for Golds!

I stand corrected.

So if I’m silver and someone in my room is a first timer I can still book all activities for them when it’s time for silver To book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter