Digital Membership Cards?

I'm there in 2 weeks and am hoping this is resolved my month end like they said. I called 2 weeks ago and they submitted a request to get mine fixed, but as of today still says DVC ND.

I called Member Services today and got a "We know there's an issue and we're trying to resolve it. You can use your temporary digital card." I guess I'll just see what happens when I try to use it this weekend.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this but we did a Disney cruise last week and the CMs in the shops had no idea what the digital card was. Thankfully, I still had my old plastic card with me. When I showed that, they always gave me the discount no questions asked.

Something tells me that, just like the borrowing issue for resale members, this is not going to get fixed in a timely fashion. It's 1/26 and the ND on grandfathered accounts still has not been corrected. What's the over/under odds that they actually meet their 2/01 deadline?

Something tells me that, just like the borrowing issue for resale members, this is not going to get fixed in a timely fashion. It's 1/26 and the ND on grandfathered accounts still has not been corrected. What's the over/under odds that they actually meet their 2/01 deadline?

Well ask yourself this...what incentive does Disney have to fix this issue?

I'll take the over.

Agreed...this will most likely not be fixed any time soon.... Appeasing resale members is definitely low on their priority list, as seen by the borrowing "glitch".

I skimmed through the 48 pages, didn't understand most of what I read, digital wallet, what's that? So, what happens to an old buck like me with a old flip phone that I don't even use and can't download anything on. I'm guessing my blue card will still be accepted.

I skimmed through the 48 pages, didn't understand most of what I read, digital wallet, what's that? So, what happens to an old buck like me with a old flip phone that I don't even use and can't download anything on. I'm guessing my blue card will still be accepted.
Officially, once the full conversion is done then no, the blue card will no longer be accepted for anyone.

Once all the glitches are worked out, the plan is to remove the temporary blue card from the website, and only Magic Mobile pass will be accepted.

The current answer is that any other person can pull up it on a smartphone. Basically, unless they change things, and make exceptions, there will be no blue card to show for discounts, and expired ones will not be accepted.

We are headed to EPCOT on Saturday. Just downloaded the temporary Blue card and noticed the expiration date is 2/26. Hopefully IT has it resolved by the end of the month. We are one of those grandfather groups that shows ND. We are heading to the lounge this weekend. With the current weather conditions we will need a place to warm up.

We are headed to EPCOT on Saturday. Just downloaded the temporary Blue card and noticed the expiration date is 2/26. Hopefully IT has it resolved by the end of the month. We are one of those grandfather groups that shows ND. We are heading to the lounge this weekend. With the current weather conditions we will need a place to warm up.

Just be prepared as I have read the lounge is pretty strict.

I wouldn't read too much into the 2/26/2022 expiration date on your card from the website. They always display an expiration date exactly one day from the day that you access it. If you were to look it up tomorrow, it would say it expires 2/27/2022.

I hope that the online membership card is accepted at the member's lounge. I've read mixed results on whether the CM will take it.

So far this week I haven’t had an issue using my expired physical card. If needed, I had my temp card downloaded (expires 2/24/22). However, they are informing members it will end soon...one mentioned the 29th...

ETA, just read the post above, and, yep, the temp card expiration date changes, so they may/may not accept it.

Last edited:
I wonder what Disney's plan is for when the IT services inevitably go down. Almost every trip I have been on in the past few years, there has been at least one day where you can't use your magic bands to pay or some other system is down (and this isn't necessarily Disney's fault, often it has been AWS outages). But the reality is, systems and services sometimes go down and apps don't function normally. If users can't access their digital cards, will they not be able to let people in the lounge, give discounts, etc.? Just wonder if they have thought through the IT backup plan.

I wonder what Disney's plan is for when the IT services inevitably go down. Almost every trip I have been on in the past few years, there has been at least one day where you can't use your magic bands to pay or some other system is down (and this isn't necessarily Disney's fault, often it has been AWS outages). But the reality is, systems and services sometimes go down and apps don't function normally. If users can't access their digital cards, will they not be able to let people in the lounge, give discounts, etc.? Just wonder if they have thought through the IT backup plan.

I think it will all depend on the specific issue. Just like now if your MB doesn’t work to enter the park you go to GR for help. It may be the same.

Until it happens, we just don’t know. Personally never had any tech issues at the parks.

Not to mention the inability to get into your room using your phone instead of a magic band... Internet goes down, you have no access to your room. When AWS went out for a few hours, the Tesla drivers were beside themselves because they couldn't control their car from their phone, including unlocking the doors.

Access to the Disney MagicMobile Pass in the Wallet app does not require a data connection (at least on an iPhone). Since the CM currently visually verifies eligibility for discounts or lounge access, that will always be available.

At this point it seems they are just looking at it visually and that could remain the backup even if they start scanning it for the lounge entry and discounts.

This is an excellent question. I know this seems as though everyone has a smartphone, but what is the solution for those members that may not have smartphones (these people do exist...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter